Hundreds turn out for Possum Drop

Jan 9, 2011 Full story: Times Georgian 24

With only 357 days and counting, organizers of Tallapoosa's famous Possum Drop are looking for new ideas and ways to top the success of last weekend's event.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jun 10

Happyville

#1 Jan 9, 2011
I laughed at the idea of someone getting married there, then I realized it was someone I know! LOL

daw

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#2 Jan 9, 2011
Possum Drops,at Backwoods Resturant are soooooo good!!!Would never miss the Possum Drop on New Years..It was different,but alot of fun.

“Mess with these Claws......”

Since: Oct 09

Roswell, GA

#3 Jan 9, 2011
LOL!

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#4 Jan 17, 2011
Jesus this is the most backwoods redneck thing I've ever heard of.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#5 Jan 17, 2011
FillSmith wrote:
Where are you from? Doesn't sound like you're from Carroll County to me.
sick

Lovejoy, GA

#6 Jan 17, 2011
FillSmith wrote:
Then come to Atlanta,the biggest thug ridden area in the United States.Obviously the Peach has dropped on your ignorant head one to many times.

Since: Jul 10

Decatur, GA

#7 Jan 17, 2011
While it may seem odd to drop a possum (wonder if it screams as it descends to the ground?), at least we don't hijack one of the robotic puppets from Disneyland's Hall of Presidents exhibit, redress it so it looks like the host from a long-ago TV music dance show, make sure the generator's running full power, never mind upgrading the speech/sound card, and have it do the countdown.

“Mess with these Claws......”

Since: Oct 09

Roswell, GA

#8 Jan 17, 2011
PatrickRsGhost wrote:
While it may seem odd to drop a possum (wonder if it screams as it descends to the ground?), at least we don't hijack one of the robotic puppets from Disneyland's Hall of Presidents exhibit, redress it so it looks like the host from a long-ago TV music dance show, make sure the generator's running full power, never mind upgrading the speech/sound card, and have it do the countdown.
The possum is not a live one.
its 2012

Hahira, GA

#9 May 25, 2012
This event makes everyone in this small town look like a bunch of hillbillies. A lot of residents are embarrassed. But go along for fear of confrontation. If this was put on the ballot most people would vote no!

Location hidden

#10 May 25, 2012
its 2012 wrote:
This event makes everyone in this small town look like a bunch of hillbillies. A lot of residents are embarrassed. But go along for fear of confrontation. If this was put on the ballot most people would vote no!
GTFO: It's the South. Get over it. Move to New York.
its 2012

Hahira, GA

#11 May 25, 2012
Petsound wrote:
<quoted text>
GTFO: It's the South. Get over it. Move to New York.
LOL that Southern Hospitality? Your a Redneck...and FYI ask the world thats not a compliment...

Location hidden

#12 May 25, 2012
its 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL that Southern Hospitality? Your a Redneck...and FYI ask the world thats not a compliment...
1. I never said anything about Southern Hospitality. That's reserved for people who don't insult the culture, boy.

2. You're uneducated. You began a sentence with "LOL" and proceeded to use a lower case letter to begin your actual statement, which is incomplete. "Your" should be "You're," "Redneck" is not suppose to be capitalized, and the next sentence is so inane, I won't bother.

3. I'm entirely Mexican; born in America. Just because I defend a culture, does not mean I am apart of it or content within its boundaries.

4. You're a troll. I dare you to go up to someone in Bremen and criticize their culture. You won't, because you don't have the tact.
its 2012

Hahira, GA

#13 May 25, 2012
I was only speaking in native redneck tounge so you would understand. I would bet that if we met at K&M coffee at 12:00 today and compared resumes you would find I am highly educated. I work for a marketing firm that studies consumer buying habits. I did not realize when posting on a site that spells its name Topix instead of the proper Topics spelling that grammar was an issue. Do not get in a battle of witts with me for I will surly win. Just the fact you brought your nationality into the conversation shows you expect some special treatment for your accomplishments. FYI you can be of any race and be a Redneck. I am board with this conversation I will let you have the last word.
CaptainGranmer

United States

#14 May 25, 2012
its 2012 wrote:
I was only speaking in native redneck tounge so you would understand. I would bet that if we met at K&M coffee at 12:00 today and compared resumes you would find I am highly educated. I work for a marketing firm that studies consumer buying habits. I did not realize when posting on a site that spells its name Topix instead of the proper Topics spelling that grammar was an issue. Do not get in a battle of witts with me for I will surly win. Just the fact you brought your nationality into the conversation shows you expect some special treatment for your accomplishments. FYI you can be of any race and be a Redneck. I am board with this conversation I will let you have the last word.
Board? What kind of board? 2" X 4" ?
CaptainGranmer

Hahira, GA

#15 May 25, 2012
CaptainGranmer wrote:
<quoted text>
Board? What kind of board? 2" X 4" ?
I think he meant bored.

I also find it funny that a Mexican that probably has an accent is concerned about his grammar.
Petsound

Hahira, GA

#16 May 25, 2012
I do have a slight accent but can speak Engish as well as Cheech Martin.
its 2012

Hahira, GA

#17 May 25, 2012
LOL

Location hidden

#18 May 25, 2012
its 2012 wrote:
So, no only are you unintelligent, you're a boastful racist.
Petsound

Hahira, GA

#19 May 25, 2012
Sorry I meant to say "not" instead of "no"

Maybe I should check my own grammar before I post.:-)
MSO4

Hahira, GA

#20 May 25, 2012
Petsound,
If she had been racist she would have mentioned lawncare, house cleaning, or drug smuggling in her responses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best General Practitioner/Family Doctor in our ... (Jul '10) 2 hr No more 15
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 4 hr Ga Girl 56 58,604
Boys Basketball team will be great this year Sat BremenFan 10
Johnny Smith Sat Smothered 5
Bremen Football Sat BremenFan 6
Bremen has changed Sat Ex Devil Coach 28
Locating person. Dec 19 jbk 1

Carrollton News Video

Carrollton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Carrollton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Carrollton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Carrollton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:24 pm PST

ESPN 3:24PM
Falcons WRs to CB Lewis: Back up trash talk
Bleacher Report 3:58 PM
Is This End of the Line for Brees in NOLA?
Bleacher Report 4:04 PM
Highlights, Recap for Pats vs. Jets
Bleacher Report 6:22 PM
Can NFC South Winner Steal Playoff Win?
NFL 8:59 PM
Falcons' turnaround sends them to brink of playoffs