Limiting access to Rt. 33 isn't ODOT priority

Commuters who drive from southeastern Ohio to Columbus dream of the day when Rt. Read more
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#87 Jan 20, 2011
Idiot Squad wrote:
Winchester Pike & Ebright/Shannon Rd is what ? An interesection.
You are the reason some animals eat their young.
<quoted text>
He is correct. Ebright and Shannon are the same road.

http://maps.google.com/maps...
A Shrubbery

United States

#88 Apr 6, 2011
Only the truth wrote:
You people are clueless!! I would like to know how many people that are making these posts that actually live in that area. I have lived on in that area all my life and it is not the intersections that cause the problems. It is due to the population that is rapidly growing so fast in the SE part of Columbus, US33 was not designed with the amount of traffic that goes through there now. It is no one persons problem, it was just poor design from the begining. But what a big problem is, is the fact that the traffic is so heavey on 33 that people are taking Winchester Pike as an alternate route and there are no lights at the intersection of Winchester Pike and Ebright/Shannon Rd. That intersection is CRAZY, I see at least 1 accident there a week. They need a light there SERIOUSLY!!
I think it's time to stop spending a fortune on roads just so people can move around within the same area. The population of the state is barely growing. We widen a road, then everyone moves out 5 miles, the all of a sudden we need a new mall, then 5 years later it all gets too congested so it happens all over again.

Complete waste of resources! We should be rebuilding the areas we have with better transit so people can get around. People can't afford to keep moving out and buying new houses anymore, anyway.
Exiled

United States

#90 Apr 6, 2011
,,,I remember,,once you were past that gas station in Lancaster,,,the country road opened up to the hills,,,,the beauty is gone forever,,,,,,even Lancaster was just a country,,,pass through,,,,,I remember when I-270 had no traffic on it,,,,,time to draw a line,,,no more developement past this line,,,,the Hilltop,,was a beautiful neighborhood,,,,now it's a dump,,,,,
Hubris

Dublin, OH

#91 Apr 6, 2011
What a waste of money. With the cost of gas skyrocketing, why would we spend more tax dollars supporting suburban commuters? It does not make any sense to tax us to support longer and longer commutes, using increasingly expensive gas. We can't support the existing road infrastructure.

“American gvt is in the bag”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#92 Apr 7, 2011
I Heart Kasich wrote:
<quoted text>
The population of Columbus is growing. Roads in and out of Columbus need to be expanded to match the growth.
The Columbus economy is based on state spending. Once Kasich is done eviscerating that, I think we'll see growth taper off, considerably.
john

Columbus, OH

#93 Apr 7, 2011
It was supposed to begin but like so many other job creating and infrastructure building projects was shelved because of cuts in funding. All of you driving that road unsure whether your commute will be 45 minutes or 2 hours that voted for bush and his tax cuts, this is what you bought for a few tax dollars. The tax cuts that benefited few of you, unless you're very wealthy caused the funding cuts. Larry Flowers and some odot reps met with area residents over removal of the Ebright road light. I will admit it helped southbound traffic, but the a.m. commute became a crap shoot. The real problem is a 2 miles west between Hamilton rd and 270. It's too bad that our governor has other things more important to him and our highways are a low priority, especially for so many of you that voted for him. One amusing detail from that meeting was that the rear end collisions were caused by the traffic light at Ebright rd. My dumb arse thought it was following too closely.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carroll Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coach Daubenmire fired today (Nov '12) Mar 25 tamott55 13
News Chevrolet Malibu Owners: Problems & Solutions (Jun '06) Mar 20 dave p 2,754
Review: Lancaster West Side Coal Co Inc Mar 19 shawn stith 1
Just moved Mar 18 Jason 1
tjmaxx Mar 17 danni 3
News Driver Involved In I-70 Fatal Hit-Run Could Be ... Mar 12 Duke for Mayor 4
S & J Auto Sales Crooks (Jun '14) Mar 9 hoehater26 2
Carroll Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Carroll People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]