Limiting access to Rt. 33 isn't ODOT ...

Limiting access to Rt. 33 isn't ODOT priority

There are 86 comments on the DispatchPolitics story from Jan 16, 2011, titled Limiting access to Rt. 33 isn't ODOT priority. In it, DispatchPolitics reports that:

Commuters who drive from southeastern Ohio to Columbus dream of the day when Rt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at DispatchPolitics.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Jeff

Westerville, OH

#1 Jan 16, 2011
"I hope it takes 20 years," she said.-- I drive that stretch and I hope it takes her 20 yrs to get to work.
Steely Dan

Columbus, OH

#2 Jan 16, 2011
It is a safety issue, and the bottlenecks created by these lights is only going to get worse. At the very least, the timing of the light at Carroll needs to be adjusted. Eastbound traffic on 33 during the evening rush hour backs up for over two miles at times at that light.

Since truly fixing the problem isn't a priority, perhaps some improvement can be made by studying the impact of that light on traffic flow and making adjustments. The problem isn't nearly as bad with westbound traffic during the morning commute.
Kasich and Fox News

Dublin, OH

#3 Jan 16, 2011
Well maybe the thousands and thousands of people who drive it everyday should contact their legislator and ensure it is a priority. That is what they get paid for. Right?
flounder

Columbus, OH

#4 Jan 16, 2011
lots of cell phone time

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#5 Jan 16, 2011
the public would be better served if ODOT would concentrate on the biggest Rt 33 problem of all: the crummy interchange at 33 - 104 - Winchester Pike - 70.
Wang

Canton, OH

#6 Jan 16, 2011
I also drive that stretch of road every day into Columbus and there is a traffic jam from I-70 down past Canal Winchester during the morning rush. If there is a wreck or bad weather, forget about it! Also, I want to know who the genius is at the City of Columbus who keeps the intersection of 33 & Petzinger as is. Talk about a cluster!! MORPC has been a joke for years and they continue to uphold their reputation for being a bunch of egg-head Liberal goofs.
martha

United States

#7 Jan 16, 2011
Hummm.... I remember when 33 was a 2 lane road ... it has improved by leaps and bounds .... most of what is said above is true .... some of these traffic lights were installed in recent years , while by pass contruction was underway .... we ( the communters) were led to believe it was temporary while construction was underway .... of course the decision to keep them was made by people who have never driven the highway but merely sit at a desk in an office and look at reports and statistics..... it's called job justification folks ! These folks are everywhere .... the office I work in was written up buy a "state" employee because a waiting room chair had left a small rust spot on the tile floor .....!!!! Job justification ..... don't think this small spot had anything to do with the quality of service people rec when visiting the office..... thanks and congrat above to Nick Gill ... I know him he is from southeastern Ohio and knows how it feel to be left in the dust ..... keep working for the folks at home NIck !!!!!
DavidR

Philo, OH

#8 Jan 16, 2011
Sharon, living in Logan and driving downtown is just flat out dumb.
Bodie

Chillicothe, OH

#9 Jan 16, 2011
This is what happens when people relocate to get away from higher taxes and higher crime.
The exodus from Franklin County will continue in the next decades.
An interchange at Carroll will only add to the growth in that area and Ohio does not need further residential growth without jobs.
If you live in Franklin County you are taxed to death for things you don't use.
Money Hog

Columbus, OH

#10 Jan 16, 2011
Long distance commuting is common in the eastern cities like Washington D.C. Their commute times are over 1 hour. I can't afford to waste that much time burning up gasoline.
really

Columbus, OH

#13 Jan 16, 2011
Bodie wrote:
This is what happens when people relocate to get away from higher taxes and higher crime.
An interchange at Carroll will only add to the growth in that area and Ohio does not need further residential growth without jobs.
dude...that interchange will be IN franklin county...
Go Figure

Hilliard, OH

#14 Jan 16, 2011
It took 40 years to build the outerbelt around Lancaster so there is no rush to build interchanges. My father was on City Council in Lancaster in the late 50's and he said there was talk about an outerbelt before 33 opened up in 1960. I'm sure the interchange in Carroll will be difficult to do just due to the layout of what is there now.
taxpayer

Nashport, OH

#15 Jan 16, 2011
I have no sympathy, move closer to the metropolitan area. I get so sick of covering for people at work who can't come in all the way from Perry County cause it snowed or have to take their kid to a 3:00 PM doctor's appointment and take off half the day. They expect us to understand that they have to drive an hour home. Whatever...
Bodie

Chillicothe, OH

#17 Jan 16, 2011
Really .... Carroll has been in Fairfield County FOREVER.
Chase

Newark, OH

#18 Jan 16, 2011
That's why I live in Columbus and work in Canal Winchester. I get to sip my morning coffee and chortle at those of you who are caught in traffic. My mom lives in Lancaster and Commutes to Dublin, so I usually give her the morning traffic report on my way through. Good luck to you all, I hope they correct your problem, but it doesn't bother me.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#19 Jan 16, 2011
Instead of spending millions on this project, would they people who commute from far distances consider moving to Columbus?

With gas supposedly heading for at least $4 I would think this drive would really hurt the pocketbook.

Location hidden

#20 Jan 16, 2011
Bodie wrote:
Say Man, what about the gas you are burning up to make this commute? Tires; brakes; e.t.c.
John Doe

Zanesville, OH

#22 Jan 16, 2011
And how much will this cost? Has anyone stopped to consider that mass transit, effective mass transit, like the kind Kasich killed, is cheaper than roads? I'm guessing not, because conservatives do nothing but look backwards. Idiots-they all are. Why move forward, when you can move back?
Just Listening

United States

#24 Jan 16, 2011
DavidR wrote:
Sharon, living in Logan and driving downtown is just flat out dumb.
She should move her fat a?? to Columbus and shut up!

Location hidden

#25 Jan 16, 2011
John Doe wrote:
And how much will this cost? Has anyone stopped to consider that mass transit, effective mass transit, like the kind Kasich killed, is cheaper than roads? I'm guessing not, because conservatives do nothing but look backwards. Idiots-they all are. Why move forward, when you can move back?
I don't think a train to Logan or Nelsonville works.

People want the freedom and convenience of private transporation, even with the bothersome traffic jams. We want to go where we want, when we want.

If you thought the 3C train proposal was wacky, a line to the southeast of Columbus strains logic and sense.

These folks should either move to Columbus or prepare to really get stung as gas prices rise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carroll Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In reversal, Fairfield County GOP chief asks in... Fri They cannot kill ... 1
jorden hovatter Fri JLeigh 2
Snitches (May '11) Jun 21 Off The Chain 32
News Despite tragedy, Columbus Pride festival prepar... Jun 20 Oliver Canterberry 9
News Rt. 33 Carroll interchange to spur Fairfield Co... Jun 20 UTrashy 20
News OSU policeman jailed on child-sex charge | The ... (Jun '10) Jun 20 Firsthand 33
Bigfoot Jun 15 Goofy 42
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carroll Mortgages