Church Sending Help, Faith To Storm-Ravaged South | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

Full story: 10TV WBNS

Members of a Fairfield County church departed for Alabama on Monday morning, where they will offer aid to residents displaced by violent spring tornadoes.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
instine

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2011

only way i can help is pray for them.and i am.
Principles of Freedom

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2011

Its about time Thanks for assisting.... the people down south have been doing what they can and begging for a little help, for weeks!
This is the first I have seen other then Hundreds of preppers across the united states who have banded together to take in food, clothing and emergency equipement at their own expense
MUD

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2011

Judged:

Why must these people take advantage of a tragic event to peddle their cult beliefs.
Why can't they just provide the help, without the 'praying, scriptures and other nonsense'?

Too bad....and so sad.
10TV is a rainbow flag

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2011

Judged:

Thats just not nice MUD. I happen to be a part of this congregation and am in fact writing this now, onboard the bus through use of my Droid. None of us are 'taking advantage' of the situation through use of prayer.

In fact, I have secured about 1200 viles of Southern Baptized holy water that is guaranteed good fortune to all that sprinkle its holy aqua. I am going to sell it to those unlucky victims for around 30 dollars a vile. That's 20 dollars from the recommended MRP. You call that taking advantage son?

I am also loaded with grape soda to sell for 1 dollar a can for thirsty southerners without grape soda.
Prayer Warrior

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2011

Judged:

Victory Hill Church is an awesome church...wish I could have went on the mission trip. What they are doing is awesome...helping those in need! That's what we are called to do. And sharing God's Word and giving these people hope is the only way to do it...that's where our hope comes from...God...without Him, we have no hope.
Kelley

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2011

Judged:

MUD wrote:
Why must these people take advantage of a tragic event to peddle their cult beliefs.
Why can't they just provide the help, without the 'praying, scriptures and other nonsense'?
Too bad....and so sad.
Mud, just like you say... "Too bad...and so sad." And it is very well true because I would bet you are not sending any money to help. Or you are not going down there yourself to help these poor people out. I`m so sad that you would talk that way about a man that voluntarily allowed those people to hang Him on that cross, just for you. He is our Creator and you really need to ask Him for the forgivness of your sins and have an awesome relationship with Him. He is so awesome. I`m sure you would absoluty love Him too!:) Go ahead, ask Him into your heart Mud. Listen bro, when you die, you will end up in one of two places for all eternity. That means FOREVER my friend. One billion years from this very hour, you will still be in the place that "you" chose forever. Pretty wild, huh? But is true. Bottom line? God said, "I offer to you this day, blessing and cursing. Life and death. Choose life." God even gave us the answer when He said to choose life. He knows what is ahead and is trying to help you even right now Mud. So choose Jesus to be your Savior and friend. He really does want to be your friend too.
Hope I have helped you in some way Mud and have a great day!:)
Prayer Warrior

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2011

Judged:

areyoukiddingme wrote:
VH is full of hypocrites and back stabbers of the worst kind. Most of these people worship the throne of teague and he is the worst of the worst. This so-called church is full of unfriendly, mean spirited, greedy, people full of rampent sin and the leaders turn their heads and embrace it. This is a church of laodecia period. This is an example of the church that God hates.
That is a lie from the pit of hell! I am a member there! They are a God-fearing church! God does not hate this church! You are wrong! They are a loving, caring church and very friendly. I've never met anyone there as you describe.
Thanks from the South

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2011

As someone who lives in Alabama, I am very happy and thankful to hear of the help that this church is bringing our way. The damage from the tornado outbreak is horrific. I, along with hundreds of thousands of other God fearing Southerners thank you for your help, prayers, supplies, and time. It will take years to recover. We are not ashamed to call on the name of Jesus. For it is ONLY in His name that we can find true life. And, the stories of survival from the tornados are awe inspiring. God uses tragedy in unbelievable ways. If you have any doubt, y'all come down and see what great things He is orchestrating. Alabama will recover and will be greater than ever.
notafanoflies

Lancaster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2011

Judged:

It's a shame when there is a tragedy like that of the devastation in Alabama that somebody (and we know who are) can twist it to take personal attacks against a church and the leadership there. This isn't the platform for such hate and bitterness. It is cowardly and unChristlike. Funny how its easy for somebody to bash and point out issues (lies) in others lives but can use a platform like this to expose their own hate..which last I checked wasn't Christlike. Move on with your life of lies and get the help you so desperately need.

On a lighter note, VH people are great and God has used them tremendously this week to those in Alabama!! Keep praying for the team there!
areyoukiddingme

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2011

Judged:

Prayer Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a lie from the pit of hell! I am a member there! They are a God-fearing church! God does not hate this church! You are wrong! They are a loving, caring church and very friendly. I've never met anyone there as you describe.
wait your turn....you will gauranteed. We will not name, names just out of grace but the list is long and so is the audio.
areyoukiddingme

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2011

Judged:

notafanoflies wrote:
It's a shame when there is a tragedy like that of the devastation in Alabama that somebody (and we know who are) can twist it to take personal attacks against a church and the leadership there. This isn't the platform for such hate and bitterness. It is cowardly and unChristlike. Funny how its easy for somebody to bash and point out issues (lies) in others lives but can use a platform like this to expose their own hate..which last I checked wasn't Christlike. Move on with your life of lies and get the help you so desperately need.
On a lighter note, VH people are great and God has used them tremendously this week to those in Alabama!! Keep praying for the team there!
its called exposing the hypocrites that hide behind their "collar" or the fake-christionism! It is christ like to point out sin, you must go to a church like victory hill.
nokoolaidplease

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2011

Prayer Warrior wrote:
Victory Hill Church is an awesome church...wish I could have went on the mission trip. What they are doing is awesome...helping those in need! That's what we are called to do. And sharing God's Word and giving these people hope is the only way to do it...that's where our hope comes from...God...without Him, we have no hope.
you must be drinking that teague flavored kool aid.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Carroll Discussions

Search the Carroll Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 4 hr xxxrayted 25,327
Who Is Hiring In Lancaster Tue Automotive Pro 1
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) Apr 15 worm 168
OH Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in O... (Oct '10) Apr 15 squid 118
bobby newman & nicole glasspole Apr 14 help me 3
Amish Levi selling drugs Apr 14 secret paige 2
Pataskala Oaks Care Center Warning ! (Mar '09) Apr 14 Loving Daughter 13
•••
•••
•••
•••

Carroll Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Carroll People Search