Bloom-Carroll levy passed by two votes

The Bloom-Carroll school district in Fairfield County will build a new middle school and renovate the high school now that a $26.5 million bond issue has passed by two votes. Full Story
Jon H

Columbus, OH

#1 Dec 2, 2009
dammit. My bills keep going up and up and my paycheck down and down.
Fed up with Taxes

Columbus, OH

#2 Dec 2, 2009
Where did they "FIND" these extra ballots??!! This levy was voted DOWN by about 250 votes. Now magically it passes by 2 votes? Sounds like an ACORN scam! Perhaps this is something the local media could look into, but not holding my breath.
Fed up with Taxes

Columbus, OH

#3 Dec 2, 2009
Fed up with Taxes wrote:
Where did they "FIND" these extra ballots??!! This levy was voted DOWN by about 250 votes. Now magically it passes by 2 votes? Sounds like an ACORN scam! Perhaps this is something the local media could look into, but not holding my breath.
Mistake on my part...not 250 votes, but six votes on the unofficial tally according to the article.
Common Sense

Columbus, OH

#4 Dec 2, 2009
This is a perfect example of why voting options need to be tightened and more secured in this country. Every vote makes a difference and should be counted.
Jon H

Columbus, OH

#5 Dec 2, 2009
I'm kicking my arse for not mailing in my ballot.... :-(
patrick henry

Dublin, OH

#6 Dec 2, 2009
If one assumes we are being told the truth (and why would we do that?) then because two more people voted YES than the number who voted NO all those who voted NO will now pay hundreds more dollars every year (basically until they die) to fund that school system. We are already paying thousands in property taxes and we will pay more. If we do not pay we will be thrown out of our houses and off our land. So we don't really own our houses and land, do we? We're being destroyed. The power to tax is the power to destroy.
anon5555

Columbus, OH

#7 Dec 2, 2009
how old are the middle school and high school in the bloom carroll district? Can't remember when a levy passed in that area last and the schools are old and need refurbished or replaced and have been falling apart for a long time.

Deal with it Bloom residents......if you own a modest home you will be ok and those who own the mcmansions in the area can afford it anyway
THANK GOD IT PASSED

Columbus, OH

#8 Dec 7, 2009
We need good/solid structures for our children and their education!! These buildings should have been replaced back when I was a student 10 years ago. To all that voted NO: do you not understand a failing school district will run YOUR property values into the ground!!! Soon your concern won't be because of high taxes but more so your plummeting property values because of YOUR ignorance. Quit be so selfish and think about the future of your children, your community and your livelihood!
Praising God for the Levy

Columbus, OH

#9 Dec 9, 2009
I am so thankful that the levy passed! Our children are in need of new schools, equipment, and technology like computers. I know that no one likes to pay more money but it goes to a great cause, our children - our future! These children will no longer have to set in classrooms in the hottest days of summer without air conditioning and they will no longer have to do without the much needed technology which will help them to advance their studies and skills so that they can be competitive with students in the surrounding area, the U.S. and the World! I know many people feel that "well it was good enough for me so it should be good enough for them" well here are my thoughts on that - it was good enough then - yes beacuse it was a newer school that had current books and equipment, the school was then competitive with surrounding schools, but as the schools get older and older and older and their suppplies get older and older then the school and supplies are no longer up todate and the kids can't keep up with others in terms of education, technology and test scores. So what once was good enough isn't anymore - thus everything wears put and needs to be replaced! So on this day I am thanking God for the levy passing so that our children can obtain the education and success that they deserve!!!!
Wow

Columbus, OH

#10 Dec 12, 2009
Yay!
observer

Columbus, OH

#11 Dec 12, 2009
it is very interesting to see most of the posters have a Columbus ISP. Do they really know how much the taxes are in Bloom township????
Thankful for Levy

United States

#12 Jan 24, 2010
Yes, I do know how much the taxes are, I have to pay them too and I am very happy to do so for my children and all the other children so they can have a great new school!
Will Burns7409746949

United States

#13 Feb 14, 2010
I didn't realize a building is what educated students. I always thought it was teachers and quality books not buildings. So if we have a continual construction of the latest and greatest buildings those students in Bloom-Carroll will all become mensa members?

To those who say we need to pay taxes to keep property values high don't grasp the law of diminishing returns. At some point the taxes will exceed any gains when you make finally sell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carroll Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why The Silence About John Holmes? (Dec '06) 10 hr Yep2 64
Chevrolet Malibu Owners: Problems & Solutions (Jun '06) Fri Big Johnson 2,725
rebecca wild Oct 20 billy dee 1
Catie wright (Jul '12) Oct 19 noname 2
2003 impala wont start Oct 18 hal 2
First phase of Mississippi's Rattlesnake Bay OH... Oct 18 orangebloodedktmer 1
girl that works at Fairfield Recycling Oct 17 They cannot kill ... 2
Carroll Dating
Find my Match

Carroll Jobs