why are so many preetens having sex a...

why are so many preetens having sex and some pregnant?

Posted in the Carrizo Springs Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
too young

United States

#1 May 26, 2008
i have seen so many 13 and 14 year old girl pregnant or having sex and some even on birth control. this is wrong. they are so young. do the parents know and dont do anything or are they just blind and dont dont whats up with their girls?
Little Red Riding Hood

San Antonio, TX

#2 May 26, 2008
too young wrote:
i have seen so many 13 and 14 year old girl pregnant or having sex and some even on birth control. this is wrong. they are so young. do the parents know and dont do anything or are they just blind and dont dont whats up with their girls?
We can not keep our teens prisoners. All we can do is explain the facts of of life and hope they do the right thing. All i know is i would rather my child be able to come to me if he or she wants to have sex so i can get him or her protection. Rather be safe than sorry.That does not make us blind to the situation or say that we dont care.This is just my opinion.
disgrace

United States

#3 May 26, 2008
how can u put a 13 on birth control? u are only hurting ur child. no sex is the best. thats what u need to teach your children. no sex. i understand they will end up having sex but at least till they are 16 not 13 they are still babies.
Class of 09

Helotes, TX

#4 May 26, 2008
too young wrote:
when my older sister went to high school here in the '90's, she said that you could count the # of pregnant girls on 1 hand. if a student got pregnant, it was a big deal. now, in my grade alone, i can't count all the mothers on two hands. not even if i included my toes would i be able to count the # of girls having babies.
don't blame other kids or the schools. it's all bad parenting. bad parents beget irresponsible kids who have multiple kids by the time they even graduate high school (if they even graduate).
Little Red Riding Hood

San Antonio, TX

#5 May 26, 2008
Class of 09 wrote:
<quoted text>
when my older sister went to high school here in the '90's, she said that you could count the # of pregnant girls on 1 hand. if a student got pregnant, it was a big deal. now, in my grade alone, i can't count all the mothers on two hands. not even if i included my toes would i be able to count the # of girls having babies.
don't blame other kids or the schools. it's all bad parenting. bad parents beget irresponsible kids who have multiple kids by the time they even graduate high school (if they even graduate).
So u mean to tell me u have never met a child who came from so called " good parenting" and got pregnant. U cannot always blame the parent.
Little Red Riding Hood

San Antonio, TX

#6 May 26, 2008
disgrace wrote:
how can u put a 13 on birth control? u are only hurting ur child. no sex is the best. thats what u need to teach your children. no sex. i understand they will end up having sex but at least till they are 16 not 13 they are still babies.
Of course u want to teach them to wait. But what if they dont? What if they go against what u taught them. If they really want something they will find a way to get it or do it.
disgrace

United States

#7 May 26, 2008
i agree but its also sad when parents put their 13 and 14 yr olds on birth control. i dont blame the parents for their teens actions cus its not always their fault but at times it is. they let their kids stay out at all hours and say its ok to hve sex just dont get pregnant. i mean what kinda advice is that. ive heard parents admit they hve done that. sometimes no matter what u do to prevent it they still do it but at least u tried it from happening.
omg

United States

#8 May 26, 2008
There are times when the parents are too strict with there teens and most of the time will run away and do what they want to do. You just never know the most important thing is for the parents to be very open about sex with there teen, so that way they would be to go to there parents before they start haveing sex.
whatever

United States

#9 May 26, 2008
omg wrote:
There are times when the parents are too strict with there teens and most of the time will run away and do what they want to do. You just never know the most important thing is for the parents to be very open about sex with there teen, so that way they would be to go to there parents before they start haveing sex.
i agree talk to parents first but many dont. its crazy.
who

Corpus Christi, TX

#10 May 26, 2008
things are changing now teens getting pregnant get rewarded by there parents... also they take them to get birth control at age 14 or 15 where is the respect for this parents i wonder who is in charge the parent or the teenager.
Stanford Grad

Helotes, TX

#11 May 26, 2008
who wrote:
things are changing now teens getting pregnant get rewarded by there parents... also they take them to get birth control at age 14 or 15 where is the respect for this parents i wonder who is in charge the parent or the teenager.
I just get a kick seeing the stupid names these kids give their babies. Every Wednesday, you see parents purposely misspelling a common name by adding an "h" or an "r". Look in the paper each week and you will see what I mean. Most of the wacky names come from Crystal City, by the way.
The funniest name was Kuntakente...LOL...that just cracks me up. If you've seen that movie "Roots" about slaves from Africa, you'll know why seeing a Mexican American family naming their child Kuntakente is ridiculous.
beachbum

United States

#12 May 26, 2008
Class of 09 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you on the issue of increased teen mothers...but I TOTALY DISAGREE on putting the parents at fault.
I was a teen mother myself. Had my 1st son at the age of 16. But my parents were, and still are very strict and traditional when it comes to family values. They never expected that I was doing things behind their back. Teenagers have a way of being able to "outsmart" and put up a front to their parents. It's something that has become more and more skilled thru the years...trust me I have a 14 year old sister and I can see some of the same actions, only more advanced!! And the real thing to put the blame on is the media, whether it be daytime shows, night time shows, movies,music and oh i can't forget to include the celebrity news and gossip.
DO NOT presume to blame parents when you yourself have not done your research. Yes, there are alot of broken homes here in Carrizo and it does have an effect on the children but you have no right to put all the blame on the parents before you know the cirumstance.

“GO WILDCATS!!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#13 May 27, 2008
i hate little pre teens look what they have done to a innocent young man...my friend JEAN PONZANELLI!! that little tramp lied about her age and had consensual sex with him...he did NOT force her!! now he is facing a long prison term, SEX OFFENDER registry and deportation back to MEXICO!! this is not right...please watch your children and make sure that they don't put INNOCENT people in jail....FREE JEAN PONZANELLI...instead of hanging out with him i have to see him behind bars, write to him, and see him on TV!! for his crime. justiceforjean.net
Class of 09

Helotes, TX

#14 May 27, 2008
Nira wrote:
i hate little pre teens look what they have done to a innocent young man...my friend JEAN PONZANELLI!! that little tramp lied about her age and had consensual sex with him...he did NOT force her!! now he is facing a long prison term, SEX OFFENDER registry and deportation back to MEXICO!! this is not right...please watch your children and make sure that they don't put INNOCENT people in jail....FREE JEAN PONZANELLI...instead of hanging out with him i have to see him behind bars, write to him, and see him on TV!! for his crime. justiceforjean.net
it takes 2 to tango. your friend should have said "no". i mean if he didn't know her well enough to even know her age, then why did he have sex with her? besides the whole adultery thing and it being a sin, he also risked the chance of catching a disease. he doesn't know if she is promiscuous and has slept with other guys. my peers make me sad to know that they are not thinking with their brains.
Class of 09

Helotes, TX

#15 May 27, 2008
beachbum wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you on the issue of increased teen mothers...but I TOTALY DISAGREE on putting the parents at fault.
I was a teen mother myself. Had my 1st son at the age of 16. But my parents were, and still are very strict and traditional when it comes to family values. They never expected that I was doing things behind their back. Teenagers have a way of being able to "outsmart" and put up a front to their parents. It's something that has become more and more skilled thru the years...trust me I have a 14 year old sister and I can see some of the same actions, only more advanced!! And the real thing to put the blame on is the media, whether it be daytime shows, night time shows, movies,music and oh i can't forget to include the celebrity news and gossip.
DO NOT presume to blame parents when you yourself have not done your research. Yes, there are alot of broken homes here in Carrizo and it does have an effect on the children but you have no right to put all the blame on the parents before you know the cirumstance.
of course it's the parents fault. and until parents are ready to take the blame for their wild kids, then kids will be getting worse and worse. parents are in denial and find it easier to blame society, the schools, other peoples kids, tv, the internet. but parents have complete control over their kids when they are young. we depend on you for everything. simple parenting, if your child starts to misbehave, deny them their pleasures like toys, candy, fun stuff. you can't win your kids love with expensive gadgets. now every high schooler has a phone and most have cars....that just makes it easier for us to cut you parents out of our lives completely.
beachbum

San Antonio, TX

#16 May 27, 2008
Class of 09 wrote:
<quoted text>
of course it's the parents fault. and until parents are ready to take the blame for their wild kids, then kids will be getting worse and worse. parents are in denial and find it easier to blame society, the schools, other peoples kids, tv, the internet. but parents have complete control over their kids when they are young. we depend on you for everything. simple parenting, if your child starts to misbehave, deny them their pleasures like toys, candy, fun stuff. you can't win your kids love with expensive gadgets. now every high schooler has a phone and most have cars....that just makes it easier for us to cut you parents out of our lives completely.
Try again kid. Yup, you're still a kid and have much, MUCH more to learn about the real world. You don't even have kids...YET, and so have no room to be talking.
I was always punished for misbehaving and had my privledges taken away, but then learned how to be "sneaky the right way" without being caught. Got ideas from my friends and the media(movies)My parents WERE THE BEST and had little flaws in their parenting if none at all.
Around the time when I was in school, a local preacher's daughter came out pregnant and NOBODy was expecting that...not even her parents. She's from a very respectful and may I add well-known family where family values,religion and education are on the highest of priorities for them. She gave the baby up for adoption because it was in her best interest as well as the baby's father at the time. She finished HS at the top of her class and is now another successful story to come out of CS.
Like I said...DO NOT presume to blame ALL parents...you yourself have yet to learn a lot about life in general. Until you are a REAL adult, with a family and all of the experiences that come with it...you do not have room to talk.

“GO WILDCATS!!”

Location hidden

#17 May 27, 2008
Class of 09 wrote:
<quoted text>
it takes 2 to tango. your friend should have said "no". i mean if he didn't know her well enough to even know her age, then why did he have sex with her? besides the whole adultery thing and it being a sin, he also risked the chance of catching a disease. he doesn't know if she is promiscuous and has slept with other guys. my peers make me sad to know that they are not thinking with their brains.
because that's what TEENAGERS do!! they have sex without thinking 2ce they don't know ....we were young and stupid things happen he was only 17 yrs old!! she was 13 and trust me she did not look 13 so, you have no idea what your talking about it does take 2 to tango you don't know the whole story they are trying to make it seem like he forced her! he did NOT!! people are stupid now and days...
Class of 09

Helotes, TX

#18 May 27, 2008
Nira wrote:
<quoted text>
because that's what TEENAGERS do!! they have sex without thinking 2ce they don't know ....we were young and stupid things happen he was only 17 yrs old!! she was 13 and trust me she did not look 13 so, you have no idea what your talking about it does take 2 to tango you don't know the whole story they are trying to make it seem like he forced her! he did NOT!! people are stupid now and days...
i understand that kids do things like that. not everybody has the opportunity to know better. have you seen that one case where this teenage guy was sentenced to prison for 10 years because he received oral sex from a girl who lied about her age as well. actually, i think her parents were the ones that filed suit against him because they didnt like him being with their daughter.
http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/LegalCenter/s...

i dont' know whats worse for a parent, knowing your child was having sex, or knowing that your child was having it recorded and having sex with multiple people at the same time at such a young age

“GO WILDCATS!!”

Location hidden

#19 May 27, 2008
Class of 09 wrote:
<quoted text>
i understand that kids do things like that. not everybody has the opportunity to know better. have you seen that one case where this teenage guy was sentenced to prison for 10 years because he received oral sex from a girl who lied about her age as well. actually, i think her parents were the ones that filed suit against him because they didnt like him being with their daughter.
http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/LegalCenter/s...
i dont' know whats worse for a parent, knowing your child was having sex, or knowing that your child was having it recorded and having sex with multiple people at the same time at such a young age
oh my that's HORRIBLE! poor guy...that's sad and it sickens me that the parents don't even bother to check their daughters first off just go ahead and jump on the guys...just like they did my poor babe JEAN!! 10 yrs of that kids life...that's soo sad...that they are going with real sex offenders and it breaks my heart...poor poor kid...we are fighting every single day for JEAN!! and things are looking good for him...that little girls does NOT only have him in there but she has 2 other guys in there as well and much much older!! Jean was only 17 and now he is 19 he didn't even get to finish school because he was arrested!! ahhh it just makes me mad that parent jump into these MEN!! blaming them when they should be watching their pre teens...like where were the parents when this was happening?

“GO WILDCATS!!”

Location hidden

#20 May 27, 2008

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrizo Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alissa with a whole lot of mutts but no dad aro... 7 hr Just for you 11
Local coffee! WYRED Thu Sancho 8
Fernando Garza Wed Family friend 16
Need money quick Nov 22 Jgrako 2
Yannesa montoya begging for money for gas Nov 21 Pendija 56
Emily pissy pants Jimenez Nov 21 Citizen 2
Miguelitos (Dec '15) Nov 21 Citizen 10

Carrizo Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance