Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins an...

Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

There are 23464 comments on the El Paso Times story from Nov 2, 2010, titled Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14427 Sep 21, 2012
Did you get a load of Romney on CBS saying that his campaign is not incompetent, he is incompetent.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#14428 Sep 22, 2012
Clueless; You have no idea of how it works. If they dont get the incentives then they dont make the profits then they dont hire people. It really very simple

Bernie replies;
Simple is as simple does.
Here is what I call Turn Table economics. What’s your take on this?
As globalization evolves the present Free Trade ideologies are in error. Resulting in an increase to inequality. Restoring a more agreeable return on laborer’s productivity could be addressed by reversing our present system.
Consider how wealth is liquid to national boundaries. They can outsource their plants and technologies to areas that have more favorable benefits for themselves. When they leave a vacuum of skilled and unskilled unemployed, creating for laborer’s a suppression of wages, benefits and rights. Creating spiraling down of laborer’s rights and quality of life as the corporations gain greater inequality between the laborer and the owners. Owners then seek to control the sovereignties polices to discriminate in favor of their inequality. This has been the standard from day one. Now how about we turn the table around to bring about a more equalized distribution of laborers productivity.
Owners have been using laborer’s as a commodity force. Relocating as they desire, to gain greater leverage in retaining greater profits from laborers productivity. Laborer’s are for the most part, stationary to their locals. Liquidity of laborer’s movements can be motivated from stationary position. While on the other hand corporations will be fixed and obstructed of liquid movement.
Corporations and their wealth are to remain within their national boundaries. All profits are to remain within the infrastructure of the host nation. Can not be outsourced to any other nation. Can not set up another corporation site beyond their host nation.
Laborer’s ability to transverse borders can now have positive affects to their inequality to owners. Compounding positive affects of outsourcing can now be experienced by the laborers. Positive compounding effects were and are experienced by owners. Accumulating wealth to the top that serves little nourishment to the rest of the plant. Increasing the ease for laborer’s ability to relocate coupled with fixation of the plant produces outsourcing benefits to laborer’s. Inequality gap would diminish overtime and stabilizing, to a world globalize norm, of laborer cost in ratio to the owners profiteering.
To be continued ; page 1 of 2
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#14429 Sep 22, 2012
Continued from page 1. Page 2 of turn table economics.
Observe the outcome of such a scenario.
A Nation desires to increase their skilled laborers for some mechanical engineering. It could take a decade or two to educate the required amount of laborers or it could hire those from another nation. Retaining these laborers will require the host nation to provide security, health, education, and so on. Building up their infrastructure they can now seek to attract higher experienced skilled laborers to formulate a productive corporation that will operate as a separate entity to the government. Once company is functional government subsides are to be removed. Hence forth all profits will remain within the host nation for distribution policies of the host nation. Note should the polices not favor the owners and laborers favorably then their infrastructure will begin to deteriorate As laborers will have the ability to relocate their services to another competing host nation. Where in as the owners may leave the corporations and seek another Host but the wealth of the corporation remains within the local host nation it was constructed in.
Consider wealth of corporations as fruit tree. Nourishment of said tree is the responsibility of the host nation. For that, they retain the tree. Owners have greater value to the nourishment requirements, of said tree, that will produce the desired fruit and the skilled laborers are the various veins, that move the nourishment. Unskilled laborer’s would be the capillaries to feed the tributaries that feed the nourishment.. Specific trees will flourish according to the resources made available to feed the capillaries. Imports and exports determines intake of raw resources nourishment and components to increase benefits to the infrastructure of the garden. Increasing a desire for a community to remain.
One restriction for host nations is that they can not interfere with the migration of owners and laborer’s. Only means to retain their Laborer’s would be dependent on the quality of life that laborers adhere to. Thus any form of sovereignty and their political ideologies for policies will continue to be to their discretions.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#14430 Sep 22, 2012
Thought I would pass this on for all those republicans that claim voter fraud. Just who is the fraud. You decide.

Editorial New York Times.
Freedom to vote? Observe who are responsible for voter abuse. Are they for democracy or plutocracy?
Voter Harassment, Circa 2012
Published: September 21, 2012 520 Comments
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Print
Reprints

This is how voter intimidation worked in 1966: White teenagers in Americus, Ga., harassed black citizens in line to vote, and the police refused to intervene. Black plantation workers in Mississippi had to vote in plantation stores, overseen by their bosses. Black voters in Choctaw County, Ala., had to hand their ballots directly to white election officials for inspection.

This is how it works today: In an ostensible hunt for voter fraud, a Tea Party group, True the Vote, descends on a largely minority precinct and combs the registration records for the slightest misspelling or address error. It uses this information to challenge voters at the polls, and though almost every challenge is baseless, the arguments and delays frustrate those in line and reduce turnout.
The thing that’s different from the days of overt discrimination is the phony pretext of combating voter fraud. Voter identity fraud is all but nonexistent, but the assertion that it might exist is used as an excuse to reduce the political rights of minorities, the poor, students, older Americans and other groups that tend to vote Democratic.
Continued Page 1 of 2
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#14431 Sep 22, 2012
Page 2 of 2 on right wing fraud on democracy. Denying freedom of vote. As usual..
In The Times on Monday, Stephanie Saul described how the plan works. True the Vote grew out of a Tea Party group in Texas, the King Street Patriots, with the assistance of Americans for Prosperity, a group founded by the Koch brothers that works to elect conservative Republicans. It has developed its own software to check voter registration lists against driver’s license and property records. Those kinds of database matches are notoriously unreliable because names and addresses are often slightly different in various databases, but the group uses this technique to challenge more voters.
In 2009 and 2010, for example, the group focused on the Houston Congressional district represented by Sheila Jackson Lee, a black Democrat. After poring over the records for five months, True the Vote came up with a list of 500 names it considered suspicious and challenged them with election authorities. Officials put these voters on “suspense,” requiring additional proof of address, but in most cases voters had simply changed addresses. That didn’t stop the group from sending dozens of white “poll watchers” to precincts in the district during the 2010 elections, deliberately creating friction with black voters.
On the day of the recall election of Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin, the group used inaccurate lists to slow down student voting at Lawrence University in Appleton with intrusive identity checks. Three election “observers,” including one from True the Vote, were so disruptive that a clerk gave them two warnings, but the ploy was effective: many students gave up waiting in line and didn’t vote.
True the Vote, now active in 30 states, hopes to train hundreds of thousands of poll watchers to make the experience of voting like “driving and seeing the police following you,” as one of the group’s leaders put it.(Not surprisingly, the group is also active in the voter ID movement, with similar goals.) These activities “present a real danger to the fair administration of elections and to the fundamental freedom to vote,” as a recent report by Common Cause and Demos put it.
The Voting Rights Act of 1965 prohibits intimidation or interference in the act of voting, but the penalties are fairly light. Many states have tougher laws, but they won’t work unless law enforcement officials use them to crack down on the illegal activities — handed down from Jim Crow days — of True the Vote and similar groups.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#14432 Sep 22, 2012
Defiant1 wrote:
Obama 1998 Loyola Speech Leaked:'I Believe That means the gap between the rich and the poor was more pronounced under Obama's presidency than under George W. Bush's."
Defiant as usual takes things out of context. Obama inherited the increasing inequality to our nation as he tried to correct it the largest dysfunctional in congress in history, prevents him.“Party First” USA second republican plutocracy ideology of no, no, no, Hostage/ Ransom. Yeah we know who is responsible for this mess.
Now lets look at it from an 80 year context. 40 years for each party and what do we get? Hmmmmm.
The issue is all about economics! Lets see how the parties measure up.
Pedro Santa-Clara
Nova School of Business and Economics; National Bureau of Economic Research
(NBER); Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR)
Rossen I. Valkanov
University of California, San Diego (UCSD)- Rady School of Management

Pedro Santa Clara and Rossen Valkanov Concurred that the democrats fared better than the republicans by a wide margin. Democrats had consistent above average returns. Most Republicans had lower than average returns and greater volatility.
Santa Clara and Valkanov attribute the difference in returns to the stock markets being systematically and positively surprised to discover that democratic polices in a 80 year time frame of quantifiable data, are the best economic stewards for the nation. Differences are substantial.
Democrats had a respectable average return of 9.6% as when compared to republicans 0.58% average returns. If an employee’s 401[K] plan was fully invested in stocks at a value of $100,000, at the beginning of the employee’s 40 years of labor, apply this to both parties for returns.
Republicans Nest egg would have accumulated $224,375.
Democrates Nest Egg would have accumulated $ 3,912,210.
Now at $5,000, initial nest egg investment.
Republicans Nest Egg would have accumulated $126,027.
Democrats Nest Egg would have accumulated $1,985,526.
‘The Presidential puzzle; Political Cycles and the stock market” Accessed December 14 2011, the journal of finance, Vol.LVIII, no.5October 2003
In addition; http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state... Pulitzer Prize Awarded site
Which supports Debt To GDP figures. Last 4 years of Bush attributed 20.7% to debt to GDP. Obama of the 3 years has a Debt to GDP of 15.1%. A reduction to debt of 5.6% in spite of all the sabotaging efforts’ of the republicans.{ Hostage/Ransom} scenarios.
Republican’s present financial planning is similar to Herbert Hoover/ Bush…?
Waco 1954

United States

#14433 Sep 22, 2012
Texas ranks 49th in education.What is the republican position on this?
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#14434 Sep 22, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
You are posting less because you are sleeping off the excess of the day before.
Actually moron, hunting and fishing is more important than politics, except to a low-life troll like you. How much are you making?. 5 cents
a post?. That's far more than what you are worth.
Waco 1954

United States

#14435 Sep 22, 2012
Bernard you are the longest poster on earth.Sometimes you raise good points.But I'll bet you drive too fast.In any event here's an interesting point.Texas ranks 49th in.edu cation after years of republican cuts in that area.If....I were a republican I would rethink continuous cuts in education.
Waco 1954

United States

#14436 Sep 22, 2012
I got in an argument with someone today over where Texas ranks in education..He said 49th.I disagreed.I was wrong.I'm proud to be a Texan.I was horrified to find us in 49th place.We have been betrayed.Betrayed by constant cuts in the education our kids get.
Waco 1954

United States

#14437 Sep 22, 2012
clueless wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea of how it works. If they dont get the incentives then they dont make the profits then they dont hire people. It really very simple.
If somebody in Indonesia does it for 60 cents an hour they get the jobs.period.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14438 Sep 22, 2012
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually moron, hunting and fishing is more important than politics, except to a low-life troll like you. How much are you making?. 5 cents
a post?. That's far more than what you are worth.
There you go again drinking like a horse and then posting pure, angry, pathetic, blame-everyone-else drivel.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#14439 Sep 23, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again drinking like a horse and then posting pure, angry, pathetic, blame-everyone-else drivel.
Describing yourself again I see.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#14440 Sep 23, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
"posting pure, angry, pathetic, blame-everyone-else drivel."

That describes between 5000 - 10,000 of your posts. Maybe you should stay out of your moms pill cabinet. It might improve your attitude and then
you would be fit to go out and get a real job, loser.
Waco 1954

Monroe, LA

#14441 Sep 23, 2012
Defiant I don't think Oregonsux is much into introspection.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#14442 Sep 23, 2012
Waco 1954 wrote:
Defiant I don't think Oregonsux is much into introspection.
After 6,903 hate-filled posts on Topix by the frustrated little nerd, I wouldn't expect that he cares about his own mental state. LOL
Waco 1954

Monroe, LA

#14443 Sep 23, 2012
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
After 6,903 hate-filled posts on Topix by the frustrated little nerd, I wouldn't expect that he cares about his own mental state. LOL
Oregonsux really is a female.I kid you not.I think i'm afraid of her.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#14445 Sep 23, 2012
Waco 1954 wrote:
<quoted text> Oregonsux really is a female.I kid you not.I think i'm afraid of her.
If Adolf Hitler had a daughter, she would be just like OregonSUX.
How

United States

#14447 Sep 23, 2012
How do you know its a female?? Got a name??
Waco 1954

Monroe, LA

#14448 Sep 23, 2012
How wrote:
How do you know its a female?? Got a name??
Referred to a husband in one post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrizo Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Commissioners Court Discusses Raising Property ... 14 min Dimmitian 2
Lol 1 hr Wild cat 3
Best head in carrizo? 2 hr Army 5
elda the viejita can't sleep at night knowing M... 3 hr joke 28
Alty 3 hr Chapa 18
What is up with keep Carrizo informed 5 hr not in the best i... 10
women 7 hr curious 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carrizo Springs Mortgages