AEP power bills is way too high

Posted in the Carrie Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
notgonnapayit

Virgie, KY

#1 Jan 3, 2011
Hey everyone, my electric bill for November was 168.00 for december was 355.00 this is RIDICULOUS...do some of you care to share the differences in your electric bill from november to december...they try to say "well that is a 34 day billing" bull f'ng shit, that is more like a 60 day billing...now i know it has been cold but its not been that damn cold...i live by myself, and the dog, i keep my heat on 68, and turn it down lower than that on days i leave. This is bullshit and it has to be stopped somehow...I bet their phones have rang off the hook about raising everyones power bill....do some care to share what the difference in ur billing for novemeber and december was....just want to see because ive already talked to quiet a few ppl and theirs trippled....now last year it doubled now this year it trippled...what do they think ppls gonna do???
jimmy darrell

Hindman, KY

#2 Jan 3, 2011
Mine went from 63.50 to 147 in that same time period.
wondering

Hindman, KY

#3 Jan 3, 2011
Mine went from 149.42 for Nov.to 358.97 for Dec. My mom's went from 134.87 to 294.29. This is awful.

Since: Jan 11

Virgie, KY

#4 Jan 3, 2011
i am on the budget billing and mine went from mimumim a75 a month now my mim is 183 and my bottom number accumaled is over 339 buck already this is not fair to anybody
KC CITIZEN

Virgie, KY

#5 Jan 4, 2011
I pay 2 bills. one on storage building. The storage went up 83.33 My home is up 161.92 this month My total bills were 443.30. Next month will be even higher. I don't know what can be done about it, do you? I don't know how much longer we can go on like this, for those of us who have worked all our lives & too old to work anymore. We are on a fixed income. Our politicians say the cost of living hasn't went up. They don't live in my world.

Since: Aug 09

Virgie, KY

#6 Jan 4, 2011
157 for last month... 333 for this month

:(
Kate

Whitesburg, KY

#7 Jan 4, 2011
Our bill went up over $50 and we don't even use it for our heat. And the sad thing is we didn't use any more electronic in Dec than in Nov. If anything we used LESS.
notgonnapayit

Virgie, KY

#8 Jan 4, 2011
thank you all for responding so it looks as if everyones is up...i bet u money that they can speed up those meters if they like cause I know that one time my bf at the time his mother had passed and we turned all the breakers in the house off except for one 40watt bulb in a lamp, well they heated, cooked, washer/dryer was all gas anyways...but their electric bill usually ran around 40-60mth(winter) well their january bill was 121.00, so I call the power company and explained to them, now this was before they come out with these digital meters, but I explained to her that could not be right and she said that to go ahead and pay it and that they would send someone out to do another meter reading, well they did and the bill was supposed to be $14.00, so they reimbursed us...but my point being is they say they(AEP) dont do estimated readings anymore that they are all actual readings, well this bill of his mothers was actual reading too the bill said....so that shows you that they charge whatever they want!...its just not right!...
kymommy

Virgie, KY

#10 Jan 4, 2011
mine went from 225.00 to 440.00 this month,dont know how im gonna pay it..they got us right by the balls and their is nothing we can do about it!
redfoxgal

Virgie, KY

#11 Jan 4, 2011
mine went from 115 to 195
Buster Colon

Pikeville, KY

#12 Jan 5, 2011
people think there electric bills are high now,just wait til the tree huggers get what they want,$500.00 a month electric bills will be the minimum,you're average bill will be $700.00-850.00 month,it's coming,just wait.
jacobs

Liberty, KY

#13 Jan 5, 2011
mine power bill has been way to high, 600 to 1,000 in 2months what the hell it's not even right Why don’t we start by using renewable recourses like WIND, Water and solar for power and say fuck AEP for ONCE. you can you tube how to make wind mills. it works I made test one! And when everyone’s power is out you still have lights and heat! Also Hot water lol, and internet because the phone lines has power on them still.
rip offs

Virgie, KY

#14 Jan 5, 2011
mine went from 164 to 291. someone talking tree huggers? my opinion, they need to hang themselves from them or swing on those power lines.soakin wet!! They must think people are made of money!!
notgonnapayit

Virgie, KY

#15 Jan 5, 2011
see that is what im saying...come on some more ppl care to share what your november to december bill difference is...most have doubled...now you know not everyone used double, not everyone....but they always do this every year...but seems like this year it is more than double...what the hell they think they doing? how they expect ppl on a fixed income to pay for this? I know what it is, all them big christmas bonuses they give out to their workers, we are the ones paying for it, as reflected on our bills, and also where LKLP helps pay for coal, electric and wood and gas, which has nothing to do with anything coming from AEPs pocket because LKLP has funding for that, but i think that is why they raise it too...im not knocking ppl that go to LKLP because i went over there yesterday myself and let them pay my disconnect but i feel that is why the AEP wants to load their pockets up with all that they can get.....as i said i live alone, dont ever cook, wash clothes maybe 1x week or 1x every 2 weeks and keep my heaton 68 degrees and verily stay warm, there is no possible way that my bill went from 168 to 354....and i even turn it down at night to 65 degrees or lower when im gone from home....this is bullshit..i think we need to take up a petition...i would start one for knott county if all would help!
notgonnapayit

Virgie, KY

#16 Jan 5, 2011
sorry but my grammer should have been: "AEP power bills ARE way too high" sorry all...didnt realize I typed it that way, thanks....
John C Williams

Forest, VA

#17 Jan 6, 2011
notgonnapayit wrote:
Hey everyone, my electric bill for November was 168.00 for december was 355.00 this is RIDICULOUS...do some of you care to share the differences in your electric bill from november to december...they try to say "well that is a 34 day billing" bull f'ng shit, that is more like a 60 day billing...now i know it has been cold but its not been that damn cold...i live by myself, and the dog, i keep my heat on 68, and turn it down lower than that on days i leave. This is bullshit and it has to be stopped somehow...I bet their phones have rang off the hook about raising everyones power bill....do some care to share what the difference in ur billing for novemeber and december was....just want to see because ive already talked to quiet a few ppl and theirs trippled....now last year it doubled now this year it trippled...what do they think ppls gonna do???
>>> I had same scenario as above and AEP has gone insane and it's BS!
electric

Virgie, KY

#18 Jan 6, 2011
My bill was $63.35 for Nov. It was actually lower by a few dollars than the previous month. I see this topic started every winter, but for some odd reason my bill is never any higher than what it would normally run. I also know family members who have large power bills during the winter months.

The house I own has 2688 square feet, that's counting the basement. I heat this house with natural gas. My bill for for the gas runs about the same as the electric, that's during the winter, most months a lot lower.
KC CITIZEN

Virgie, KY

#19 Jan 6, 2011
Electric, you are a lucky person. My bill is around 200.00 in the summer. I have blown insulation in & put in new doors & storm doors. Doubled the floors. I don't know what else to do. I have worked all my life & on a fixed income. Too old to get a job now. Maybe a petition would help. We could try it. I'm willing to try to do anything. Would our local politicians help us? I'm open for anything just let me know. Can't buy food & pay the bills.
electric

Virgie, KY

#20 Jan 6, 2011
KC CITIZEN wrote:
Electric, you are a lucky person. My bill is around 200.00 in the summer. I have blown insulation in & put in new doors & storm doors. Doubled the floors. I don't know what else to do. I have worked all my life & on a fixed income. Too old to get a job now. Maybe a petition would help. We could try it. I'm willing to try to do anything. Would our local politicians help us? I'm open for anything just let me know. Can't buy food & pay the bills.
Wish I had the answers, but I don't. It seems like there's a competition among corporations to see who can get the most of our money the fastest. I know it's always beem that way, but it seems greed has won. I know these companies have to make a profit to operate and please investors. Has anyone seen what kind of profits AEP makes each quarter?

If I was going to build another house, I'd use 2X6's for the exterior walls and use a blown in foam insulation. I'd also check into geothermal heating and cooling.
pISSED

Hindman, KY

#21 Jan 6, 2011
notgonnapayit wrote:
STOP VOTING DEMOCRAT STUPID, THAT WOULD CURE EVERYTHING.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shannon and Melissa 5 min Whatever 77
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min Clay 170,553
Ace chaney medical records 14 min Break a Hip 28
Follow a new path 16 min Nope 175
ronnie clark 57 min Buster 4
I am a coal miner's daughter 1 hr Sam 86
Brian Carter(SkyBox2) (Nov '10) 1 hr Nope 8

Carrie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance