Big Fiscal Court Meeting
fuzzymath

Hindman, KY

#42 Feb 1, 2013
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it now, we remove randy and the $233,000 shortfall magically takes care of itself, we hire all those already laid off by the county back on and restore all services that have been cut....all this can be done without enacting any new source of revenue all the while coal tax money continues to decline? That makes sense, thanks for the clarification. I can't believe those guys from the state didn't think of that.
you got it. remove randy and the magistrates might actually pass some form of a tax to replace the coal severance losses. there is no way they are going to give this imprisoned desperate felon additional monies now. that would be insane.
John Doe

Fremont, CA

#43 Feb 1, 2013
I'm telling you folks Gramm Martin has nothing to do with this...Gramm could have tried to remove Randy earlier but you have to wait until all appeals are up .. Ken gayheart can get the ball rolling with one call if he will..Think about it..They appointed Greg Mullins as temporary Judge because the Office was vacant...Statue clearly states when the office is vacant the county clerk should inform the Governor's office...It all boils down to politics because Ken or Gramm are afraid they will make certain people mad...That's the way it works in Knott co...It's all about the votes..
frigginshame

Clayhole, KY

#44 Feb 1, 2013
LMFAO...Did anyone look at the projected profit if the court passed the thompson tax of 1%...2,000,000...LOL...Thats 2 million folks..How in the hell can that generate that much money when there ain't that many high paying jobs in knott or jobs at all...The state is a joke with numbers like this...Just like the joke telling people randy cannot be removed from office...It's time for our elected offical's to start doing there jobs...Why do we vote for a commonwealth attorney if he just want's to sit on his ass and do nothing..You're an attorney,that's what you're payed for...To represent the people of knott co..Don't listen to some idiot from the state saying Randy cannot be removed for now...File your own friggin paper's and see where it goes...That's what you're payed for....
fuzzymath

Hindman, KY

#45 Feb 1, 2013
John Doe wrote:
I'm telling you folks Gramm Martin has nothing to do with this...Gramm could have tried to remove Randy earlier but you have to wait until all appeals are up .. Ken gayheart can get the ball rolling with one call if he will..Think about it..They appointed Greg Mullins as temporary Judge because the Office was vacant...Statue clearly states when the office is vacant the county clerk should inform the Governor's office...It all boils down to politics because Ken or Gramm are afraid they will make certain people mad...That's the way it works in Knott co...It's all about the votes..
http://www.lrc.ky.gov/krs/415- 00/060.PDF http://www.lrc.ky.gov/krs/415-00/040.PDF these laws say it is up to Graham in fact it's up to him and no one else.
fuzzymath

Hindman, KY

#46 Feb 1, 2013
John Doe wrote:
http://www.lrc.ky.gov/krs/415-00/060.PDF i
travesty

Hindman, KY

#47 Feb 1, 2013
frigginshame wrote:
LMFAO...Did anyone look at the projected profit if the court passed the thompson tax of 1%...2,000,000...LOL...Thats 2 million folks..How in the hell can that generate that much money when there ain't that many high paying jobs in knott or jobs at all...The state is a joke with numbers like this...Just like the joke telling people randy cannot be removed from office...It's time for our elected offical's to start doing there jobs...Why do we vote for a commonwealth attorney if he just want's to sit on his ass and do nothing..You're an attorney,that's what you're payed for...To represent the people of knott co..Don't listen to some idiot from the state saying Randy cannot be removed for now...File your own friggin paper's and see where it goes...That's what you're payed for....
I think graham probably knows he has put this off as long as he can but the time is almost up now. of course randy is so arrogant he will dare graham and everyone else to force him out next week.
Snoop

Whitesburg, KY

#48 Feb 1, 2013
fuzzymath wrote:
<quoted text> you got it. remove randy and the magistrates might actually pass some form of a tax to replace the coal severance losses. there is no way they are going to give this imprisoned desperate felon additional monies now. that would be insane.
The magistrates aint going to pass a tax regardless of who is judge or how broke the county is becuase they have an election next year and dont want to look bad.the state will come in here and force them to do it and knott county will look like a bunch of idiots like always...wait and see
Closer

Whitesburg, KY

#49 Feb 1, 2013
wymt wrote:
<quoted text> the state officials got a call from Randy's BFF Greg Mullins and ran down here as fast as they could and threw some false numbers around. now they might not have known the numbers were false but they were false nonetheless. that's a fact. these state guys were either one incompetent, or two complicit. you just don't miss by $717,000 thats not possible even by frankfort standards. if they didn't know the right numbers then they should not have said anything until they knew what the right numbers were. this s a fiasco at this point. it's time Graham Martin did right by this county and removes Randy. it's the only way.
I want to get this all straite so i understand what is going on? From jail Randy called his BFF (Greg) and instructed him to call the state....then greg used his statewide power (?) to call and force the lawyers in frankfort to falsify a report and come down to knott county and attemp to scare the magistrates into voting for a tax that was unnecessary all becuase it was randys deasire and those state peopl were scared of randy and greg??

When Greg made this "call" to the state did he threaten them people that if they did not come down here and make all this shit up they would lose there jobs?? We may need to stop worrying about this situation in knott county and call governor beshiear and tell him that he has lost all control of the state employees and randy and greg are now calling the shots for Kentucky.
mee

Hindman, KY

#50 Feb 2, 2013
Get the money Randy owes the county back then i will agree to pay more taxes but until then i won,t an will vote against anyone that is for it
maybe

Hindman, KY

#51 Feb 2, 2013
Snoop wrote:
<quoted text>
The magistrates aint going to pass a tax regardless of who is judge or how broke the county is becuase they have an election next year and dont want to look bad.the state will come in here and force them to do it and knott county will look like a bunch of idiots like always...wait and see
you may be right but don't you think if the state comes in and makes them look like idiots that would be even worse for them?
New Blood

Hindman, KY

#52 Feb 2, 2013
If they can't balance a budget and make tough decisions on how to get out of this mess they don't need to be in office anyway. Every time you see them on the news they are always crying about something. On the news the other night one of the magistrates mentioned having the state come back and help. Pitiful!!!

It has got to the point it has become COMICAL to most of the people I've spoke to. People are laughing and shaking their heads.
honey boo

Hindman, KY

#54 Feb 2, 2013
if not 4 the judge the magistrates would not be in this mess the mags r doing the right thing all but one and everyone knows who it is lets start over with the county we need a new judge new county
No Way Boss

Whitesburg, KY

#55 Feb 2, 2013
honey boo wrote:
if not 4 the judge the magistrates would not be in this mess the mags r doing the right thing all but one and everyone knows who it is lets start over with the county we need a new judge new county
It is all there fault for depending so much onthe coal severance and not planning for this. Randy spent too much money, the magistrates went along with it for the longest time, now they are trying to duck and run cause they dont know what to do and dont have the nerve to vote for new revenues because an election is coming up
maybe

Hindman, KY

#56 Feb 2, 2013
No Way Boss wrote:
<quoted text>
It is all there fault for depending so much onthe coal severance and not planning for this. Randy spent too much money, the magistrates went along with it for the longest time, now they are trying to duck and run cause they dont know what to do and dont have the nerve to vote for new revenues because an election is coming up
actually I think they would do what they needed to do tax or not if randy would just be removed from office. its untelling what he would do with new money. they can't pass a tax with him still running things from jail.
mel

Whitesburg, KY

#57 Feb 2, 2013
New Blood wrote:
If they can't balance a budget and make tough decisions on how to get out of this mess they don't need to be in office anyway. Every time you see them on the news they are always crying about something. On the news the other night one of the magistrates mentioned having the state come back and help. Pitiful!!!
It has got to the point it has become COMICAL to most of the people I've spoke to. People are laughing and shaking their heads.
sadly the people of this county would rather vote for a bunch of incompetent magistrates who allowed thecounty to get in this position under there watch then vote for a magistrate who accepts responsibility and votes for new incomes. "I WON'T VOTE FOR ANYONE WHO TAXES ME EVEN THOUGH I DONT PAY TAXES ANYWAYS!!!!!!"
No Way Boss

Whitesburg, KY

#58 Feb 2, 2013
maybe wrote:
<quoted text>actually I think they would do what they needed to do tax or not if randy would just be removed from office. its untelling what he would do with new money. they can't pass a tax with him still running things from jail.
They would have to pay the bills first or they go to jail
maybe

Hindman, KY

#59 Feb 2, 2013
No Way Boss wrote:
<quoted text>
They would have to pay the bills first or they go to jail
those guys ain't going to jail but come Monday Randy's so called deputy just might.
please

Hindman, KY

#60 Feb 2, 2013
How are people still out in the county defending and praising Thompson? You say look what he done for our county, we got the sports plea...atv...trailside pool and skate park.Newsflash people, None of those brought in money they all went in the hole! If he truly loved Knott County like he claims, he would step down and stop making this county pay him for being locked up for what he has done to this place!
Yes

Whitesburg, KY

#61 Feb 2, 2013
please wrote:
How are people still out in the county defending and praising Thompson? You say look what he done for our county, we got the sports plea...atv...trailside pool and skate park.Newsflash people, None of those brought in money they all went in the hole! If he truly loved Knott County like he claims, he would step down and stop making this county pay him for being locked up for what he has done to this place!
None of these projects were designed to make money, most projects by local government subsidized by the city/county/state/feds/etc. If the coal tax money had never declined it would have never been an issue. I am glad we have all these things now I sure wish my kids had access to this stuff when they were grwoing up! I don't want to pay the tax but I am willing to do it if it will help fix the countys budget in the long run
agree

Hindman, KY

#62 Feb 2, 2013
Yes wrote:
<quoted text>
None of these projects were designed to make money, most projects by local government subsidized by the city/county/state/feds/etc. If the coal tax money had never declined it would have never been an issue. I am glad we have all these things now I sure wish my kids had access to this stuff when they were grwoing up! I don't want to pay the tax but I am willing to do it if it will help fix the countys budget in the long run
i am with you on sucking it up and paying a tax but my goodness i don't want randy's bunch over my income taxes that scares me to death.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 21 min Just an observer 170,029
Drug Dealers 26 min End the drugs 15
Missing you 29 min Sad world 10
News SOAR public listening sessions planned (Jul '14) 31 min What is 7
Deputy Bullying At Walmart 36 min What is 31
Whatís wrong 41 min Studman 7
Is kenny ledford missing?? 1 hr Curious 6

Carrie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carrie Mortgages