Dinosaurs: Satan's Greatest Trick

Dinosaurs: Satan's Greatest Trick

Posted in the Carrie Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Worried

Hazard, KY

#1 Feb 19, 2013
I don't understand how so many people can buy into the lie of dinosaurs, it's just ridiculous!

The Bible never mentions dinosaurs so they obviously weren't created by GOD.

We're supposed to believe that these "dinosaur bones" are made of rock but how could something with a skeleton made of rock actually survive? How could they be millions of years old if the Earth itself is only about 6,000 years old?

Dinosaur bones are just another one of Satan's tricks - but dinosaurs are so popular. Secular school teaches them that so many of Satan's lies are true!

Anyways, back to the serious discussion on hand. Answer this secular evolutionists: If dinosaurs were around for millions and millions of years before us (and modern human beings have around for tens of thousands of years), then why were dinosaurs only discovered recently? If their bones were here this whole time, wouldn't people in the Renaissance have found them? Middle ages? Roman empire? Cave men?

It's highly convenient that right around the time that Darwin came out with his theory of evolution (and there was absolutely no evidence that any of it was true) that - poof!- hey, look, million-year old dinosaur bones everywhere!

Scientists have already been exposed for creating the Piltdown Man hoax. It will be a matter of time before the Great Dinosaur Hoax is finally accepted by the world.

Judged:

15

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
MIke

London, KY

#2 Feb 19, 2013
There are several problems with your argument. Let's go through them.

1.) Just because the Bible doesn't explicitly mention dinosaurs doesn't imply anything. Even if you literally interpret the Bible as truth, there are LOTS of species the Bible never mentions. How do you account for them then? Besides, at best you're making an argument from ignorance here (because it's not mentioned, they must not have happened). That's a classical logical fallacy. The Bible also never mentions that Native Americans existed; I suppose they're a myth too?

2.) Dinosaur bones were found before Darwin published his Origin of Species in 1859. In fact, a partial femur of a Megalosaurus was found in 1676, almost 200 years before Darwin's publication. But since nobody knew what dinosaurs were at the time, nobody really knew what they were looking at. However, in 1824 (still a few decades before the Origin of Species) its genus was named and 20 years later (still before the Origin of Species) it was identified as a dinosaur. You can read about it (and other dinosaur fossils, some also found before 1859) here: http://dinosaurs.about.com/od/dinosaurdiscove...

3.) I don't think it's surprising at all that dinosaur bones have been found more recently in history. For much of human history science (and communication in the scientific community) wasn't nearly as developed as it has been for the past couple of hundred of years. Not as many people would have been actively digging in the ground trying to find ancient bones and artifacts. Also, even if ancient people did find them, what would they have done? Alerted the press? There was no major press back in those days. If a common serf or peasant in ancient China or wherever would have found a dinosaur bone, they may have thought it was interesting, but nobody would have seen it besides their families or perhaps any neighboring peoples/tribes at best. There was no museum or scientist they could have taken it to, or no newspaper to alert (much less calling anybody on the phone or putting it online). So not only would these people have had no way of knowing what the had found, they would have had little to know way of actually communicating it to anyone else. If people in the Middle Ages did find a dinosaur bone, most likely we would never know about it. And if it were a fossil from a smaller dinosaur, or only a partial one, they could have even confused it for another animal. As far as cave men, if they did find anything I'm pretty sure they weren't going to elaborately discuss what they found in cave paintings. In fact, if they did find anything, they definitely wouldn't have know what to think of it, much less inform the "public" at large and make sure it was documented for future generations (which is probably true for most people throughout most of human history).

I think the big "convenience" here is the way modern science has developed, learned to look for certain things, and how modern communication (even in the 19th century) has improved over our ancient ancestors. Also, it's no surprise that people weren't finding and identifying as many dinosaur bones until people actually figured out about dinosaurs.

4.) So Piltdown man was a hoax. So what? That in no way implies every other fossil or bone is a hoax. If a college student fabricates data to make their lab report on gravity come out better, does that mean all of gravity must be a hoax as well? Since one person fabricated data, then all data from everybody on the subject is probably bogus as well? Of course not.

Judged:

14

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
MIke

London, KY

#3 Feb 19, 2013
My apologies on the grammatical errors. I typed in haste. Hopefully the logic is still clear.
Worried

Hazard, KY

#4 Feb 19, 2013
im not reading all that all that i know is the bible says thhis earth is 6,000 years old not millions. we came from adam and eve not adam and steve. and certaily not monkeys! satanist

Judged:

14

10

7

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Christian Woman

London, KY

#5 Feb 19, 2013
Worried wrote:
I don't understand how so many people can buy into the lie of dinosaurs, it's just ridiculous!
The Bible never mentions dinosaurs so they obviously weren't created by GOD.
We're supposed to believe that these "dinosaur bones" are made of rock but how could something with a skeleton made of rock actually survive? How could they be millions of years old if the Earth itself is only about 6,000 years old?
Dinosaur bones are just another one of Satan's tricks - but dinosaurs are so popular. Secular school teaches them that so many of Satan's lies are true!
Anyways, back to the serious discussion on hand. Answer this secular evolutionists: If dinosaurs were around for millions and millions of years before us (and modern human beings have around for tens of thousands of years), then why were dinosaurs only discovered recently? If their bones were here this whole time, wouldn't people in the Renaissance have found them? Middle ages? Roman empire? Cave men?
It's highly convenient that right around the time that Darwin came out with his theory of evolution (and there was absolutely no evidence that any of it was true) that - poof!- hey, look, million-year old dinosaur bones everywhere!
Scientists have already been exposed for creating the Piltdown Man hoax. It will be a matter of time before the Great Dinosaur Hoax is finally accepted by the world.
Troll.
Worried

Hazard, KY

#6 Feb 19, 2013
Christian Woman wrote:
<quoted text>
Troll.
Call me tht to my face im just trying to get my kid to do the right thing. not on here reading all that satanist bullCRAP. and now satan has made it in our schools
MIke

London, KY

#7 Feb 19, 2013
Worried wrote:
im not reading all that all that i know is the bible says thhis earth is 6,000 years old not millions. we came from adam and eve not adam and steve. and certaily not monkeys! satanist
Wow. "I'm not reading all of that". No wonder you don't believe in dinosaurs if you're intimidated by a few paragraphs. However, if you can't ready that much, how in the world did you ever manage to read the Bible? It's got WAY more content than what I wrote.

You realize I didn't even say anything about the age of the earth, "adam and steve" or homosexuality, or even the evolution of mankind (even though I'm sure we would have plenty of disagreement on those issues as well). I ONLY discussed the existence of dinosaurs. Even then, you still called me a satanist (and that's after you even admitted you didn't even read what I wrote). But I suppose that's ok. I'm guessing Jesus said something like, "go ahead and judge people; don't even bother listening to what they have to say, just babel on about homosexuality and evolution and that the earth is only 6000 years old. It's all good"? I guess since I'm a satanist, I wouldn't have picked that up when I read the bible.
Worried

Hazard, KY

#8 Feb 19, 2013
When the end time comes and yal are all left behind remmber me warning yuo. this board is full of some dumb evil folks
MIke

London, KY

#9 Feb 19, 2013
Worried wrote:
When the end time comes and yal are all left behind remmber me warning yuo. this board is full of some dumb evil folks
So I take that as ad admission that you can't substantiate any of your arguments. It's ironic that you would call anyone dumb. Then of course, we must be evil as well because our theology doesn't match yours.
Worried

Hazard, KY

#10 Feb 19, 2013
mike yo believe eveything you hear. good for you
Worried

Hazard, KY

#11 Feb 19, 2013
you *
Brainiac

Whitesburg, KY

#12 Feb 20, 2013
Worried wrote:
I don't understand how so many people can buy into the lie of dinosaurs, it's just ridiculous!
The Bible never mentions dinosaurs so they obviously weren't created by GOD.
We're supposed to believe that these "dinosaur bones" are made of rock but how could something with a skeleton made of rock actually survive? How could they be millions of years old if the Earth itself is only about 6,000 years old?
Dinosaur bones are just another one of Satan's tricks - but dinosaurs are so popular. Secular school teaches them that so many of Satan's lies are true!
Anyways, back to the serious discussion on hand. Answer this secular evolutionists: If dinosaurs were around for millions and millions of years before us (and modern human beings have around for tens of thousands of years), then why were dinosaurs only discovered recently? If their bones were here this whole time, wouldn't people in the Renaissance have found them? Middle ages? Roman empire? Cave men?
It's highly convenient that right around the time that Darwin came out with his theory of evolution (and there was absolutely no evidence that any of it was true) that - poof!- hey, look, million-year old dinosaur bones everywhere!
Scientists have already been exposed for creating the Piltdown Man hoax. It will be a matter of time before the Great Dinosaur Hoax is finally accepted by the world.
1: the bible doesn't mention cats either, but I'm sure you believe in them.

2: the bones wasn't made of rock. They are petrified, you have heard of things like petrified trees right? Or do you think those trees was made of rock to begin with?

3: ill not even try to convince you the earth is over 6 thousand years old. Ill just shake my head in pity of you as I think about it.

4: the person who answered your post originally did a fine and correct job of answering your other questions so ill let his answers stand. But you ended with a question so I think I will as well, well actually more of a challenge.
Please explain away the evidence of dinosaurs and the massive evidence that the earth is millions of years old. And don't just say satan did it thats a cop out. Explain to us heathens where the bones and evidence came from and what they truly are.
Brainiac

Whitesburg, KY

#13 Feb 20, 2013
Worried wrote:
<quoted text>
Call me tht to my face im just trying to get my kid to do the right thing. not on here reading all that satanist bullCRAP. and now satan has made it in our schools
I feel sorry for your child.
Brainiac

Whitesburg, KY

#14 Feb 20, 2013
Worried wrote:
When the end time comes and yal are all left behind remmber me warning yuo. this board is full of some dumb evil folks
Remember if it isn't in the bible it isn't true, you said that right? Well the bible also doesn't mention the rapture that you are referring to
Brainiac

Whitesburg, KY

#15 Feb 20, 2013
Worried wrote:
mike yo believe eveything you hear. good for you
The things Mike has spoken of that you accuse him of believing are backed by tons of evidence. So you seem to be the gullible one here, where is the tons of evidence to back up your beliefs ?
Dumbfound one

Ames, IA

#16 Feb 21, 2013
It is really hard for me to believe that someone can be this ... I don't even know the correct adjective. If you're being serious, then I truly feel for your child. She's going to have a hard time of life.
Mags

Curve Lake, Canada

#18 Feb 21, 2013
I really pity your children. And I don't say that condescendingly, I mean that your children are missing out on this world because of your ignorance and refusal to even read an answer to a question that you asked.
You cannot have your view of the world based on a book that says it's true by referencing by itself as true. That's ridiculous. That is the opposite of science - which is why you should have ZERO input on anything related to science. You know nothing about it, so please, for the sake of your child, leave it up to the people that know something about science.
Kyle

Toronto, Canada

#19 Feb 22, 2013
You weren't mentioned in the bible, so you don't exist.

You're not actually reading this, because this post wasn't mentioned in the bible, either.

The computer you're surfing the internet on, it wasn't mentioned in the bible.

Your car. Doesn't exist.

Your fridge. It's an illusion, too.

How many televisions were mentioned in the bible?

Did Jesus have a cell phone?

DVD player?

iPod?

Plastic water bottles?

The Chicago Bulls?

Taco Bell?

Lawn mowers?

Wake the fuck up.
PUSH ROD

East Bernstadt, KY

#20 Feb 22, 2013
Should read the book of JOB in the bible,what would have a tail the size of the cedars of leabon?
Stupid Hillbillies

Roy, WA

#21 Feb 22, 2013
ERHMAHGERD My butt erthisss

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min Mallory 149,622
Little Bill 41 min Curious 3
We're moving to Hazard 46 min Think positive 16
LaSylvia Ritchie 55 min Lmao 1
Perry Plaza !!! 2 hr I Heard It 27
christina wants more child support 2 hr millionaire 17
Miserable husband 2 hr Mommy 69

Carrie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carrie Mortgages