Florida House votes to alter lyrics o...

Florida House votes to alter lyrics of state song

There are 2 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from May 2, 2008, titled Florida House votes to alter lyrics of state song. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Tallahassee - Despite opposition from North Florida legislators, the state House on Thursday night agreed to amend the racially offensive lyrics of Swanee River and retain it as the official state song.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

lab-rat

Pompano Beach, FL

#1 May 2, 2008
I think they should vote on giving the Mona Lisa a little more cleavage.
TamaracJeff

Memphis, TN

#3 May 2, 2008
If you have heard "Where The Sawgrass Meets The Sky," you will wholeheartedly agree with keeping Swanee River/Old Folks At Home. Yes, a change of lyrics was called for, and correctly taken care of. However, "Sawgrass" is musically deficient and the song, to put it in the vernacular, sucks..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrabelle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Budget tidbits: From gangster-house renovation ... Jun '15 Bottomline 1
News Law Enforcement Agents At Toucan's; Restaurant ... (Sep '08) Apr '15 victim in 2007 14
Best Restaraunts in Apalach Mar '15 Stuart 2
News Question answered: The old Carrabelle School Mar '15 csuzi10 1
Rev Michael J. Cauley (Aug '13) Jan '15 abc 2
Sunny Hills Florida Vacant Lots (May '06) Jan '15 Green Head Voter 3,219
News TOP 10: Senior center prompts policy change (Jan '15) Jan '15 csuzi10 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carrabelle Mortgages