Police Warn of Safety After Attempted...

Police Warn of Safety After Attempted Abduction on Algonquin's East Side

There are 1 comment on the Patch.com story from Jan 18, 2012, titled Police Warn of Safety After Attempted Abduction on Algonquin's East Side. In it, Patch.com reports that:

Algonquin police are encouraging parents to be alert and to talk to their kids about the danger of interacting with strangersA after Tuesday's attempted abduction on Algonquin's east side.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

Laurie P

Cary, IL

#1 Jan 19, 2012
I live on the Glacier Pkwy and Teton in Algonquin and saw the little girl and a woman talking to the police tuesday morning and mentioned to my mother in law that it could be anther attempted abduction. We lived in Silverstone Lakes 2 years ago when the 1st attempt happened in the complex at our bus stop and I kept a lookout for that white van all the time as I have a 9 year old that goes to Algonquin Lakes Elementry. I'm very over protective and dont even let my child play outside alone and I'm glad I'm that smart.
We should have a safe hands program in Algonquin where you have a hand taped to your front door to let children know that your house is a safe haven if they ever get approched by someone and they feel threatned and of course the homes should be approved via the Algonquin Police Department first. Someone has to do something and today the 19th I saw a news crew on the corner, they talked to my neighbor and stopped a man walking his dog and my hope is they are getting out the word that our children are in danger and to keep both eyes opened and report any activity they find out of the ordinary. I called another neighbor who has lived here along time and asked her to put the word out to the parents of children that are not yet in school as you can't be to safe these days. I hope they catch these 2 men in the white van but until they do I will keep my kiddo glued to my side.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carpentersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any gay teens down here? (Jan '16) Aug 20 Hornybottom 3
South Elgin is Kane County's Most Corrupt Polic... (Mar '12) Aug 13 Justice for anthony 41
News Sun City sees spike in use of golf carts on str... (Aug '08) Aug 11 FriendlyBeever 11
Car break-ins 8/9/2016 Aug 9 Penelope 1
News Should backyard chickens be allowed in Wauconda? Aug 4 row row the boat 5
red light cameras (Feb '10) Jul 26 cops suck 27
News Lakemoor Woodman's stalled as parties wait for ... Jul 26 Wauconda Jim 2

Carpentersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carpentersville Mortgages