Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 51,255

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#49247 Jan 24, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
i've explained this before
You can't compare the civil rights movement with the gay movement.
I just did.

How is denying someone service because they're gay different than denying someone service because they're black or because they're a Christian?

Location hidden

#49248 Jan 24, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
Lesbian waitress also tried to to intimidate that couple with lies about gay comments they never said ( do i know how that feels )
No, she didn't. The couple was anonymous until THEY came forward. The waitress was trying to get attention for herself and have people feel sorry for her, not to intimidate anyone.

Location hidden

#49249 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution protects my right for expression of my faith.
Which is not applicable here.
KiMare wrote:
The bakery did not deny service. They offered alternatives, just not the desecration of marriage.
The baker makes wedding cakes. The couple asked for a wedding cake. The baker refused. That's denial of service.
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49250 Jan 24, 2014
If you put a thousand gay people on one side of a field, and a thousand straight people on the other side of the same field,....

I was going to say that what you would have is a slimmer, healthier, cleaner, wealthier, happier group on the side with the gay people.
Which is true but...

What you'd really have is two thousand human beings. Two thousand people, who all have the same daily needs of food and love, who all would probably do the right thing given the chance, who all are perfect in Gods eyes, and who all are the same.

And in the end, ll I can say is, I pray that you get all the love and blessings you deserve.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#49251 Jan 24, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> No you're the one that don't like it. If all the hetersexuals said to hell with it, let the gays have the title of marriage we will take the title of civil unions. The gays would be screaming foul, we want civil union to lol.
The federal government doesn't recognize civil unions.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#49252 Jan 24, 2014
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
And many many gay people contribute to causes with abuse, child trafficking, bullying, animals, housing,...causes with children are important to us. Most of us were treated poorly because of hatred like yours. We just don't go around announcing, hey I'm gay and helping children be better. We don't need to, it's not about the attention, it's about the cause..
REALLY ?? name me that hospital or homeless shelter, or that battered women's shelter that was built by gay money.
I too want to visit and contribute to those places that gays built.
Name even one.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#49253 Jan 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The gay couple deliberately chose that bakery to demand that the owners accept their 'faith' in a fallacious marriage. That is unconstitutional.
Geez..... I didn't recognize you without your judicial robes on. Where did you go to law school?
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#49254 Jan 24, 2014
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
And again, the world is over populated. If you were smart, you'd welcome less people.
there is a big difference between gays and christian right there on display.
As Christians we believe the birth of any baby to be a blessing from God.
Only a gay would see it as an inconvenience and UNWELCOME in the world.

Location hidden

#49256 Jan 24, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY ?? name me that hospital or homeless shelter, or that battered women's shelter that was built by gay money.
I too want to visit and contribute to those places that gays built.
Name even one.
Is this a sincere question? Gay people couldn't even publicly reveal that they were gay until relatively recently (some still can't). And you expect that they should be forming large organizations and building hospitals?
saaay what

Gardner, IL

#49257 Jan 24, 2014
Angel wrote:
If you put a thousand gay people on one side of a field, and a thousand straight people on the other side of the same field,....
I was going to say that what you would have is a slimmer, healthier, cleaner, wealthier, happier group on the side with the gay people.
Which is true but...
What you'd really have is two thousand human beings. Two thousand people, who all have the same daily needs of food and love, who all would probably do the right thing given the chance, who all are perfect in Gods eyes, and who all are the same.
And in the end, ll I can say is, I pray that you get all the love and blessings you deserve.
ooooooh my god end this ridiculous thread gay people are getting married and what is the difference to anybody. 45000 post on a useless topic noooobody will ever agree with any opposing opinion of the other on this topic. At this point people may as well be complaining about women being able to vote, because just like that it is decided and done. If gay dudes want to buttf and lesbians want to leg lick and get married toooo late. Who cares bigger problems in this world and way more interesting topics...u are all myself included are participating in one of the biggest distraction tactics in government history
Ace

Christopher, IL

#49258 Jan 24, 2014
Angel wrote:
Which is true but...
I can agree with all of your comment except-----"who all are perfect in Gods eyes"
Come judgement day there will be a lot of disappointed people. The people that practice same sex, the drunks/dopers, the thieves/cheaters, liars, adulterers, murders and especially the people that denied God.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#49260 Jan 24, 2014
educate yourselves wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality is liberal.
how is reality liberal ?
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/realit...
nope it doesn't say liberal in there
shall we try another one ?
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rea...
nope not in there either.

I suppose you think just because we have an EXTREME left winger as president then his wacky two terms is reality forever.
News flash his term will end. And so will what you think reality is.
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49261 Jan 24, 2014
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#49262 Jan 24, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
there is a big difference between gays and christian right there on display.
As Christians we believe the birth of any baby to be a blessing from God.
Only a gay would see it as an inconvenience and UNWELCOME in the world.
Plenty of straight people see the birth of a baby as an inconvenience. That's why they give them away for adoption.
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49263 Jan 24, 2014
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#49264 Jan 24, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
how is reality liberal ?
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/realit...
nope it doesn't say liberal in there
shall we try another one ?
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rea...
nope not in there either.
I suppose you think just because we have an EXTREME left winger as president then his wacky two terms is reality forever.
News flash his term will end. And so will what you think reality is.
Honey, honey.... Obama isn't an extreme left winger. You are SO FAR to the right, everyone looks left-wing to you.

Yes, Obama's term will end and then we'll have Hillary Clinton for 8 years.
Ace

Christopher, IL

#49265 Jan 24, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
The federal government doesn't recognize civil unions.
For civil union to be recognized by the federal law all it takes is a few votes from the house and senate. That is what the gays should be pushing for instead of waiting for each state legalize gay marriage that could take the next 50 years. I bet civil union marriage could be federal law in all 50 states before the next election, if gays wasn't so busy trying to step on Christian's toes.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#49266 Jan 24, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this a sincere question? Gay people couldn't even publicly reveal that they were gay until relatively recently (some still can't). And you expect that they should be forming large organizations and building hospitals?
to answer your question ( and should answer mine too )
YES i do indeed expect GAYS to build hospitals, homeless shelters, women abuse centers, feed the poor places, etc YES i do expect GAYS to also do that.

read enough of my post you'll come to the easy conclusion i'm very serious and sincere.
Now explain to me why any GAY hospital, homeless shelter, woman abuse center, etc cannot revel they were built by gays. Because that is just laughable. Gays have have NOT ever built anything to help everyone in need. Not once. Prove me wrong. I'm waiting.

yet GAYS are quick to criticize the one group well known for doing those things CHRISTIANS.
And you expect respect ? Try EARNING it.
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49267 Jan 24, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> I can agree with all of your comment except-----"who all are perfect in Gods eyes"
Come judgement day there will be a lot of disappointed people. The people that practice same sex, the drunks/dopers, the thieves/cheaters, liars, adulterers, murders and especially the people that denied God.
I don't believe in sin and judgement. Satan is a bedtime story, and I don't pray to Santa clause. God loves and accepts me just the way I am. God is love.

Thank you for your post, sincerely.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#49268 Jan 24, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> I can agree with all of your comment except-----"who all are perfect in Gods eyes"
Tell me, how do you intend to verify that there will indeed be disappointed people on "judgment day?" Are you going to come back and gives us a report?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carpentersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: J&J Garage Door and Electric Openers Dec 18 martinez martin 3
South Elgin is Kane County's Most Corrupt Polic... (Mar '12) Dec 15 Joe Citizen 31
Looking for young guys Dec 13 madmike066 1
Review: Chopsticks Dec 6 stephanie 1
'Adopt a Family' offers Christmas assistance (Oct '08) Dec 5 Mickey 264
Debate: Marijuana - Algonquin, IL (Aug '10) Dec 5 It's not a drug. 6
Authorities identify woman left at Caryville bar (Jul '12) Dec 5 littlewhitegirl 16
Carpentersville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Carpentersville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Carpentersville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Carpentersville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:07 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:07AM