Man found dead after fight in Elgin a...

Man found dead after fight in Elgin apartment

There are 27 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Oct 1, 2007, titled Man found dead after fight in Elgin apartment. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

A man was found dead after a fight in an Elgin apartment where a group had gathered to watch football on television, authorities said Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sherice Simms

United States

#1 Oct 1, 2007
I think that the newspaper should provide more information on the investagation if they want to report it in the newspaper.Troy Simms is my uncle and our family deserves more information than what is given to us!
Corrine Ewing

Lake In The Hills, IL

#2 Oct 2, 2007
Everyone that was blessed to have Troy in their life knows that he did not deserve to die like he did and his family needs answers and for justice to be served. I've never known such a caring, loving, most genuine person like Troy and i'm so happy that I got to know him the short time I did.
michael tyler-simms

Oak Lawn, IL

#5 Oct 2, 2007
I'm Troy's nephew and I agree that my uncle's death is not being handled properly, the newspapers have slander my uncle's name and the elgin police is giving info. to the media and not his family. We all love troy and we want see justice served.
Clifford simms

Marietta, GA

#6 Oct 3, 2007
My brother is Troy Simms. I have read both stories about his death on the web. I live out of state -so this is the only access I have to your coverage of his death. I must ask why are you, the police, or whomever it concerns, not also admitting the killers name. The man in custody seems protected and my brother now dead, seems like a heartless drug dealer/thug that deserved his demise.

I know Troy Simms, my brother, as any sibling would know thier loved one. Troy struggled with a drinking addiction. He was no thug or gangster. He may have been convicted of selling drugs, but, Troy had no resources to traffic. He would be considered homeless if it weren't for the love and kindness of his family. Troy struggled to keep a job and after paying for his obligated expenses he was happy to be able to afford cigarettes. Please consider that fact that you do not have all the facts. This hurts an ailing family that recently buried a Grandmother.

In either case, drug convictions, or his death -the culprit still exist. My brother was just a pawn. He was truly a beautiful person with a big heart. He grew up in a ghetto when racism was more prevalent. And, black on black crime wasn't important news. What does this story say? Was the accused white? Is he being protected? Is there a motive for such a cover up? What proof do you have that the events were carried out as you state in your column?
Clifford simms

Marietta, GA

#7 Oct 3, 2007
Mayor Daley wrote:
Was he a drug dealer? messing around with someones wife? people just don't kill people right?
I can't imagine this to be the Mayor..
Angela Beaumont QCArizona

United States

#8 Oct 3, 2007
It sadden my heart when I found out that my uncle was brutally killed on my birthday. The day when I have always looked forward to receiving a birthday wish form him. This will no longer be the case EVER!!! Instead we will be burying him on his birthday. The fact that our family is only receiving partial information about his murder,tells me that something is not right about this case. The man who brutally murdered my uncle was apprehended but never chargered and released less than 48 hours of this brutal crime. Did I mention that the suspect was white? Something just isn't right here!! Would the same hold true is the situation was reversed? I doubt it very seriously. What chance does a black man have in this day and age, whether he is DEAD or alive, incarcerated or free, employeed or unemployeed? I am Troy's niece and would like to see justice served in this case. I want to let everyone that is reading our comments to know that our family will put a fight until justice is served.
what

Mitchell, SD

#9 Oct 3, 2007
to bad
Angela Beaumont

United States

#11 Oct 3, 2007
what wrote:
to bad
I wonder if you would feel the same way if it was one of your family members!!!!!
forum man

United States

#12 Oct 3, 2007
i see no slander in the paper are they supose to leave out the parole or the drugs i see the raci card being delt here it seems like now a days colored people have more rights than any one may be it was self defense now a days kill or be killed
stef

United States

#13 Oct 3, 2007
forum man wrote:
i see no slander in the paper are they supose to leave out the parole or the drugs i see the raci card being delt here it seems like now a days colored people have more rights than any one may be it was self defense now a days kill or be killed
Apparently you maybe the one with the RACE CARD problem WE ARE concern with the DEATH CARD being dealt.He already dead what does his addiction motivated background have to do with it.We need to know about the MURDERER. I dont care what color he is HE IS A HUMAN BEING one of GODS children .You sound like you need prayer I will pray for you when I pray for my brother.I dont believe any human being should die by another humans hands.I love my brother and when we say he is a loving person this before death not because of death,by NO means was he ever a ruff person.The fight he had was with mostly alcohol addiction and some drug addiction.He was a 135 pound black male brutally murdered by severe head trama at the hands or a bat of a 220 pound white male what kind of defense do you think that was.Now that you have more information can see that in BLACK or WHITE!
Gwendolyn Dawson

Elmhurst, IL

#14 Oct 3, 2007
Mayor Daley wrote:
Was he a drug dealer? messing around with someones wife? people just don't kill people right?
No, he was not a drug dealer or messing around with someones wife, and yes people do just kill people. I happens every day.
Gwendolyn Dawson

Elmhurst, IL

#15 Oct 3, 2007
My brother was not a drug dealer, and he was not messing around with someone's wife. Where have you been? People do just kill people everyday.
Gwendolyn Dawson

Elmhurst, IL

#16 Oct 3, 2007
forum man wrote:
There is no race card being dealt here. Obviously you are some older white male still living in the 50's or 60's. We have not been called colored people in many years. My issue is that no being has the right to take a life outside of God our savior. I wish no harm to the murderer, because I know that everything happens for a reason, and our savior will make sure the right thing is done. But....I will pray for you, and I am quite sure my brother will as well.
Gwendolyn Dawson

Elmhurst, IL

#17 Oct 3, 2007
Mayor Daley wrote:
<quoted text>YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT HONEY!
You are no more the Mayor than I am. YOu are just some racist with nothing better to do. Do you have a job?
Gwendolyn Dawson

Elmhurst, IL

#18 Oct 3, 2007
Angela Beaumont QCArizona wrote:
It sadden my heart when I found out that my uncle was brutally killed on my birthday. The day when I have always looked forward to receiving a birthday wish form him. This will no longer be the case EVER!!! Instead we will be burying him on his birthday. The fact that our family is only receiving partial information about his murder,tells me that something is not right about this case. The man who brutally murdered my uncle was apprehended but never chargered and released less than 48 hours of this brutal crime. Did I mention that the suspect was white? Something just isn't right here!! Would the same hold true is the situation was reversed? I doubt it very seriously. What chance does a black man have in this day and age, whether he is DEAD or alive, incarcerated or free, employeed or unemployeed? I am Troy's niece and would like to see justice served in this case. I want to let everyone that is reading our comments to know that our family will put a fight until justice is served.
You are so right. We are not going to let this die. We need some intelligent answers, and we need them from those that are in charge of this case.
Crystal

Shorewood, IL

#19 Oct 3, 2007
Gwendolyn Dawson wrote:
My brother was not a drug dealer, and he was not messing around with someone's wife. Where have you been? People do just kill people everyday.
AMEN!!! IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME FOR NO REASON PEOPLE KILLING PEOPLE. NO MATTER WHAT THE SITUATION MAY HAVE BEEN THIS MAN SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN KILLED PERIOD. YOU CAN'T LET THIS POSTING AND ALL THE CRAP ON THE NEWS BOTHER YOU, IF YOU DO IT WILL EAT YOU UP. THE WORLD TODAY HAS A LOT OF NASTY, RUDE, TERRIBLE PEOPLE IN IT. HANG IN THERE BE STRONG, FIGHT FOR JUSTICE AND BE IN PEACE.
Crystal

Shorewood, IL

#20 Oct 3, 2007
Angela Beaumont wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if you would feel the same way if it was one of your family members!!!!!
YOU IGNORE COMMENTS LIKE THIS PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS. THEY WANT YOU TO RESPOND AND GET WOUND UP AND BE HURT. DON'T RESPOND TO NASTY COMMENTS!!!
Gwendolyn Dawson

Elmhurst, IL

#21 Oct 3, 2007
Mayor Daley wrote:
Wrong. People do just kill people. My brother was kind enough to loan the killer money. When he wanted his money back he had to do die by being beat with a bat or some other object. This is not about black and white for me. It is about justice being served. My brother was not perfect, and neither am I or you. There's a couple of white people that owe me money, including my ex-husband, but there's civilized ways of handling things. Witnesses that were at the scene have told us that the fight was unfair because a weapon was used against my brother. The coronor told us my brother was hit with something. But....now, all of a sudden there are no charges filed and the killer has been let go. Was the killer a drug dealer, or messing around with someone's wife? We don't know...so before you write about somethig you know nothing about, check your facts.
Gwendolyn Dawson

Elmhurst, IL

#22 Oct 3, 2007
Corrine Ewing wrote:
Everyone that was blessed to have Troy in their life knows that he did not deserve to die like he did and his family needs answers and for justice to be served. I've never known such a caring, loving, most genuine person like Troy and i'm so happy that I got to know him the short time I did.
Thank you Corrine. Your words are truly appreciated.
Gwendolyn Dawson

Elmhurst, IL

#23 Oct 3, 2007
I thank you Corrine. Your words are truly appreciated. It means so much for your kind words to come from someone that is not a blood relitive and not black. Someone who knew Troy for the kind person he was. Love you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carpentersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wauconda police chief seeking historical photos... 14 min Chief Wiggums 1
open House on Saturday Aug 27 Sat [email protected].. 1
Any gay teens down here? (Jan '16) Aug 20 Hornybottom 3
South Elgin is Kane County's Most Corrupt Polic... (Mar '12) Aug 13 Justice for anthony 41
News Sun City sees spike in use of golf carts on str... (Aug '08) Aug 11 FriendlyBeever 11
Car break-ins 8/9/2016 Aug 9 Penelope 1
News Should backyard chickens be allowed in Wauconda? Aug 4 row row the boat 5

Carpentersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carpentersville Mortgages