Abandoned Baby Found Behind Carpenter...

Abandoned Baby Found Behind Carpentersville House

There are 13 comments on the CBS2Chicago.com story from May 2, 2010, titled Abandoned Baby Found Behind Carpentersville House. In it, CBS2Chicago.com reports that:

Share + May 2, 2010 11:28 am US/Central CARPENTERSVILLE, Ill. A newborn baby girl was found in a cardboard box behind a home Saturday afternoon in northwest suburban Carpentersville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2Chicago.com.

OMG

United States

#1 May 2, 2010
That's horrible. I hope they locate the so-called mother.
Dawn

United States

#2 May 3, 2010
The questions I ask are many. Did this woman 'hide' her pregancy? Did she know about the Safe Haven law? Do YOU know about this law? It allows a parent to hand over an unharmed baby, 30 days old or younger, to staff at any hospital, police or fire station. The parent can remain anonymous and no questions asked! She won't get in trouble, like she is in now.
Safe Havens Save Lives. Be a life saver and tell someone else about the law.
ely

United States

#3 May 3, 2010
yes she did hide her pregnancy. none of us her family knew we asked her and she would always deny it. i feel shamed for what she did but sometimes we need to put ourselfs in these women shoes like every other pregnant women who abandon there newborn we don't understand what it is they are feeling until you go through it and life it. i support her but i don't support the choose she made about my niece. now we are not able to see her for her fault. we ehd nothing to do with this and its a shame. but may god help her through it all because i believe she had post-partum she got pregnant to fast right after her not even 1year old son.
c-ville

Carpentersville, IL

#4 May 3, 2010
This is really bad!!! the police did not charge her WHY... you are going to tell me that this girl did not get charge that is very crazy they made that law just that reason for people to give the baby to a safe place and she put that baby in a box in a backyard she needs to get charge the baby could had drowned in all that rain we had and also the raccoons could had eat her thats why i say the justice system is messed up what is the reason why she has not been charged
Mother of 3

Carpentersville, IL

#5 May 3, 2010
Sorry you are going to tell me she already has a baby then she should know better i was a young mother even so i dont know the womans age but still this was wrong to a child there is to many places she could have took the baby girl and i dont think she should EVER see the baby sorry for the family but there was no excuse for her to put the baby in that backyard people are out in this world doing all this crazy stuff to children and always have excuses God Bless her Family but for her she needs to be locked up
wow

Maywood, IL

#6 May 4, 2010
ely wrote:
yes she did hide her pregnancy. none of us her family knew we asked her and she would always deny it. i feel shamed for what she did but sometimes we need to put ourselfs in these women shoes like every other pregnant women who abandon there newborn we don't understand what it is they are feeling until you go through it and life it. i support her but i don't support the choose she made about my niece. now we are not able to see her for her fault. we ehd nothing to do with this and its a shame. but may god help her through it all because i believe she had post-partum she got pregnant to fast right after her not even 1year old son.
Wow really that is pathetic postpartum depression or not she is crazy and should be charge with a felony. sorry this happened to your family but thats F***d up.
LITH IL

Carpentersville, IL

#7 May 4, 2010
I tried putting myself in her shoes and you know what I came up with. This is a very dispicable thing to do to a precious baby. I hope she goes away for a long time. There is no reason for what she did. I hope that little girl goes to a loving family. And I'm sorry to say her son should probably go with her.
APO

Chicago, IL

#8 May 5, 2010
I am in disbelief... I had no idea this was my cousin everyone was talking about. It is dissapointing & shocking. I guess family should be there regardless but really? Even after u had ur first baby at a young age you didn't kniw how to use protection? Sorry ely but I dnt agree with you.
MYM

United States

#9 May 6, 2010
So in all of this who are you talking about? What is her name?
c-ville -JS

Crystal Lake, IL

#10 May 7, 2010
Iagree with apo &ely beacuse she might have been depresd or who knows what?but she should have NEVER left the baby there.
ely

United States

#11 May 7, 2010
im not defending her i have a child of my own 2 months older than hers theres so much going on that we don't understand of yet. i don't judge anybody people do things without thinking and to me she has alot of problems no one has tired to help and to me its kind of ignorant how her parents didn't even know. and [wow} call her crazy but when you have a child you go through alot of emotions that we can't control she had another child to fast she wasn't ready for she got scared and did the unthinkable but who are we to judge what she did was disgusting and unhuman but what can we do. all im wishing for is for the father to get custody of both and i pray to go he those because she is not stable . it hurts to believe this is my family but what can i do i support her but im against what she did i feel bad for her but she shoulda taken actions of what she did to me she could've went along with the pregnancy had the baby and gave it up or aborted im against abortion but it woulda been better than all this crap that is going on . and [apo] when i ound out it was her my stomch felt disgusting shocked and afraid for her. [we can't say names until the invistigation starts she just came out the hospital]
ely

United States

#12 May 7, 2010
wow- you don't know how the hell it is after you have a child to judge like that when you haven't went through is ignorant i went through a emotional rollercoaster after i had my son everyone is different everone goes through it a opposite way i didn't want anyone touchng my child because i felt they where going to take him from me i would wake up ever 30 minutes to check on him i cried. she went through it different until you go through it than come bak at im offended of what you said because ignorant people like you judging like that about something serious its f**ked up bro. women comit suicde because they feel they can't take care of there newborn they give them away to some one they become depressed trapped. i had to go to consuling and let me tell you something counseling is not for crazy people i lvoe it i get to talk to someone who well help and not be childish about things. and to me she needed bad
STR-SC

United States

#13 May 10, 2010
I agree with you eli and JS. This is a family issue. There is no reason why there should be any explinations to anybody! There has to be a reason why she did what she did. She only knows her reasons.I personally think we should just leave this alone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carpentersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elgin won't let former Latin Kings help gang me... (Aug '11) 4 hr Buck Naakid 3
Review: Supreme Tax Office, Inc (Jan '16) Feb 19 Ricyia92 7
News Wauconda man faces a dozen drug charges after bust Feb 19 Failure 1
Vote for the most useless Wauconda police officers (Dec '16) Feb 19 Respect is earned 4
Review: Sarah Kelly Anderson Feb 12 SARAH KELLY ANDERSON 2
SPRINGHILL Il, WALMART closing JUNE 1st 2018 Feb 8 customer 22 1
Triple H Home Improvement Are Very Crooked Jan 31 Stiffed 3

Carpentersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carpentersville Mortgages