Who are you voting for in the Jeffers...

Who are you voting for in the Jefferson County District 3 Council primary? Why?

Created by Jeff County Voter on Jul 17, 2014

172 votes

Click on an option to vote

D. Mike Evans

D. Charles Huey

Bob Boyer

R. Phil Hedrickson

Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

#21 Aug 2, 2014
VotingforPhil wrote:
Could you please oblige me in what LUNN stands for? I can't find it in any of the urban dictionaries.
And with the way everyone treats you Doris and the few posts I've seen on here, I don't feel like you are telling the whole story, only partial stories. I have a big feeling the whole story is something you don't want people to hear. Where do you see that he was dishonorably discharged? Where did you get that information?
I didn't say he was dishonorably discharged....read his statements on the various websites, he is the one who has wavered between dropping out and being forced out by DADT. He is the one who can't keep his story straight. I have provided a list of his debtors, the total being more than $567,000 he claimed in bankruptcy including his personal property tax bills and copies of his unpaid statements from Jefferson County collector, before he had his information removed in April of 2014, which was after he pejured himself claiming he owed no taxes on 2/25/2014.

Since: Feb 13

Jefferson County

#22 Aug 2, 2014
It's not really clear to me what Phil stands for, other than "common sense."
Answering JCPenknife

Arnold, MO

#23 Aug 2, 2014
Here you go Penknife: http://www.myleaderpaper.com/eedition/arnold-...
"We need to improve economic and business development which, in turn, will provide more jobs for our residents; provide financial support for law enforcement based on their needs, in order to curb domestic violence; continue working to shut down drug labs and drug dealers removing chemically impaired drivers from our roadways." "I will work to provide the residents of District 3 the type of representation that I expected when our new charter government was instituted, but did not receive. I have no agendas to serve; the needs of my constituents will be my primary focus."
So, Common Sense is better than no representation.
New resident in Jefferson

Arnold, MO

#24 Aug 2, 2014
I was told recently that Doris Borgelt and Matt Hayes were forced off of the Arnold city council. Is that true? Something about the liability insurance not wanting to cover them because of lawsuits. That isn't true is it? I honestly don't know. According to posts here they are close to Boyer so is he connected to that or is that isolated to one or both of them.
ArnoldCC

United States

#25 Aug 2, 2014
Doris lost her council seat when she unsuccessfully ran for Mayor (you can't rerun for your council seat and for Mayor in the same election). She has since rerun for Council and lost that election, too.

Matt Hay was voted off of the Council years ago.

In both cases it was the voters who spoke. Even though Doris is no longer covered by the city's insurer on actions that she does on her own without support of the council that was not the reason she was relieved of her council seat.

Let's all be truthful and not stoop to the levels of others in my opinion.
ArnoldCC

United States

#26 Aug 2, 2014
And yes, Doris, Hay and Boyer have been known to hang out in the past. Boyer, if I remember right was the treasurer for one of Doris' campaigns.

Since: Feb 13

Jefferson County

#27 Aug 2, 2014
Answering JCPenknife wrote:
Here you go Penknife: http://www.myleaderpaper.com/eedition/arnold-...
"We need to improve economic and business development which, in turn, will provide more jobs for our residents; provide financial support for law enforcement based on their needs, in order to curb domestic violence; continue working to shut down drug labs and drug dealers removing chemically impaired drivers from our roadways." "I will work to provide the residents of District 3 the type of representation that I expected when our new charter government was instituted, but did not receive. I have no agendas to serve; the needs of my constituents will be my primary focus."
So, Common Sense is better than no representation.
A lot of platitudes there, but no specifics.
JCPencil

Festus, MO

#28 Aug 2, 2014
JCPenknife(aka a group of Boyer supporters)- Boyer thinks that improving roads is more important than economic development and supporting law enforcement so they can better curb domestic violence and shut down drug labs. I hear all of the time that we have a MAJOR METH problem here in Jeffco, but apparently that is not important or specific to you and your buddies..... You guys really are running skeered when you think PASSING A ROAD TAX is more important than economic development and supporting law enforcement.
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

#29 Aug 3, 2014
JCPencil wrote:
JCPenknife(aka a group of Boyer supporters)- Boyer thinks that improving roads is more important than economic development and supporting law enforcement so they can better curb domestic violence and shut down drug labs. I hear all of the time that we have a MAJOR METH problem here in Jeffco, but apparently that is not important or specific to you and your buddies..... You guys really are running skeered when you think PASSING A ROAD TAX is more important than economic development and supporting law enforcement.
Since many are in office at city, local taxing districts and county level that allow, even encourage breaking laws and violating the Constitutions for themselves, their friends and cronies, I like having people who actually read the legislation put before them and try to make sure they are in line with those laws they swear to uphold when they take office. With elected officials like our local mayor, council, police chief and sheriff who either violate the laws or allow others to violate them unimpeded we need more people to hold them accountable instead of supporting those intent on joining the ranks of their corrupt buddies already in office.
Matt Hay

Fenton, MO

#30 Aug 3, 2014
JCPencil wrote:
I disagree with Boyer on the Road Tax, and am a BIG NO on Prop S, however, when you speak of "supporting law enforcement" and "economic development", what exactly do you mean? Is it really the job of government to support economic development beyond creating a low tax, low regulation/barrier to entry environment so that the private sector can work, or are you referring to "economic development" in the TIF/TDD sense of the term? I want to know what Phil's view on the fundamental purpose and role of government is, and whether or not it means central planning and picking winners and losers?

As for "supporting law enforcement" what does that mean? Giving them carte blanche to violate the rights of Jeffco Citizens with actions that the US Supreme Court, the Missouri Bar, and the Missouri Supreme Court have condemned? The problem there is, when these unconstitutional acts by the Sheriff's Department are taken to court, who do you think ends up paying? It is the County. While the Charter makes the Sheriff somewhat of an island in that the only thing the council can control is budgeting, it is the Council who is ultimately on the financial hook for any awards the court deals out as a result of these actions. I would think that supporting proper constitutional law enforcement like Bob Boyer does is a much more sound fiscal policy than allowing Glenn Boyer to violate State and Federal Law unimpeded, which is ultimately to the detriment of County tax payers.

If Phil does not respect the Constitution, he should not be in any office, be it dog catcher, or County Councilman.
Thin Blue Line

Imperial, MO

#31 Aug 3, 2014
Matt Hay wrote:
<quoted text>
As for "supporting law enforcement" what does that mean? Giving them carte blanche to violate the rights of Jeffco Citizens with actions that the US Supreme Court, the Missouri Bar, and the Missouri Supreme Court have condemned?
I'm not sure where you got your information, but Michigan Department of State Police v. Sitz (No. 88-1897) is the SCOTUS decision in support of sobriety check points.
ArnoldCC

United States

#32 Aug 3, 2014
And yet Matt you have never met Phil. So for you to make an assumption that he does not support the Constitution is blatantly FALSE.

He does support the Constitution. He also listens to people and has no agenda other than to represent and listen to the voices of the citizens. So go blow your false assumptions somewhere else. When you have actually met the man then you can talk.
Matt Hay

Fenton, MO

#34 Aug 3, 2014
Thin Blue Line wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure where you got your information, but Michigan Department of State Police v. Sitz (No. 88-1897) is the SCOTUS decision in support of sobriety check points.
From Justice O'Connors Opinion:

"In Michigan Dept. of State Police v. Sitz, 496 U. S. 444 (1990), and United States v. Martinez-Fuerte, 428 U. S. 543 (1976), we held that brief, suspicionless seizures at highway checkpoints for the purposes of combating drunk driving and intercepting illegal immigrants were constitutional. We now consider the constitutionality of a highway checkpoint program whose primary purpose is the discovery and interdiction of illegal narcotics."
Matt Hay

Fenton, MO

#35 Aug 3, 2014
ArnoldCC wrote:
And yet Matt you have never met Phil. So for you to make an assumption that he does not support the Constitution is blatantly FALSE.
He does support the Constitution. He also listens to people and has no agenda other than to represent and listen to the voices of the citizens. So go blow your false assumptions somewhere else. When you have actually met the man then you can talk.
No, I asked questions in response to his platitudes, and have not seen any specifics to them. I have no idea where he stands on a single policy issue, and know he has a bunch of Democrats putting wind in his sails, so I am only left to believe that given his vast Democratic support, he is likely not in step with the official platform of the Missouri Republican Party. I am more than happy for him to prove me wrong, but in the Leader and on his Facebook page, he has not taken a single specific position aside from calling Mr. Boyer "extreme" with no examples of why he believes this to be the case.
JCPencil

Festus, MO

#36 Aug 3, 2014
Matt is a close friend of Boyer that is saying anything he can to make Phil Hendrickson look bad. Matt, give up dude. Phil is a great man with over 25 years of experience as a small business owner in JeffCo. He is being supported by lots of people because he is fair, honest, intelligent and wants the BEST for Arnold. Bob is extreme and wants to play to his libertarian supporters like Doris, you and others that put "wind in his sails." Everyone knows that he mainly won 4 years ago because his last name is Boyer (since many people incorrectly assumed he was related to a certain leader in law enforcement) and his well-timed advertisement covered in Bible verses. Even the Weakly Leader made it clear they did not want to endorse him, but they did because they goofed up and never invited Phil for an interview. Anyway, Phil backs law enforcement and supports their rights to protect us. It is sad that Bob compared our Sheriff's department to Nazis and he should send a personal apology to everyone of them.
New resident in Jefferson

Arnold, MO

#37 Aug 3, 2014
Matt Hay wrote:
<quoted text>
From Justice O'Connors Opinion:
"In Michigan Dept. of State Police v. Sitz, 496 U. S. 444 (1990), and United States v. Martinez-Fuerte, 428 U. S. 543 (1976), we held that brief, suspicionless seizures at highway checkpoints for the purposes of combating drunk driving and intercepting illegal immigrants were constitutional. We now consider the constitutionality of a highway checkpoint program whose primary purpose is the discovery and interdiction of illegal narcotics."
Your own reply shows where Justice O'Connor states "we held that...checkpoints....were constitutional".

The state of Missouri also upheld the constitutionality of sobriety checkpoints in State v. Welch, 755 S.W.2d 624 (Mo. Ct. App. 1988)
JCPencil

Festus, MO

#38 Aug 3, 2014
Wow Matt, a newbie in Jeffco just used your own post to prove you were wrong???? Ouch! You need a rock to crawl under?
JCPencil

Festus, MO

#40 Aug 3, 2014
Once again, using the blog that Boyer co-writes to support him is not valid.
ArnoldCC

United States

#41 Aug 4, 2014
Matt Hay wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I asked questions in response to his platitudes, and have not seen any specifics to them. I have no idea where he stands on a single policy issue, and know he has a bunch of Democrats putting wind in his sails, so I am only left to believe that given his vast Democratic support, he is likely not in step with the official platform of the Missouri Republican Party. I am more than happy for him to prove me wrong, but in the Leader and on his Facebook page, he has not taken a single specific position aside from calling Mr. Boyer "extreme" with no examples of why he believes this to be the case.
And yet you live in Fenton and have gotten none of his campaign materials. Does he even represent you or are you in another district? Just curious.

At least Phil can draw support across from party lines from what you posted. Shows he can work with people. And they make this thing called the telephone. Maybe you should try it and call Phil up and see what he stands for and ask him your questions rather than bashing a person you don't even know and have never met.

You all are really reaching at this point. If you knew the guy you would know why he is running. Boyer apparently hacked some people off with his voting record. Maybe that is where you should start.
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

#42 Aug 4, 2014
JCPencil wrote:
Once again, using the blog that Boyer co-writes to support him is not valid.
The bar association is not a blog. Truth is I would trust the documentation provided by JCPenknife over the Leader ANY day of the week. He and Rich Simpson on the Fox C-6 Watchdogs provide facts that are indisputable.
The Sheriff's office budget was increased in the last three years and received more funding than it ever has. When funds were illegally being used for illegal checkpoints at 7am on a Monday morning, a lot of smoke and mirrors and blustering with a lot of untruths were reported in the BLeader, as they have a tendency not to fact check when it comes to certain people. Nothing like having a mouthpiece to spread propaganda throughout the land. What ever happened to true reporting?
If one wants to look at economic development, maybe they should see that businesses have been opening recently on the outskirts of Arnold! Dollar General Store, Car Credit City, along with new businesses in Festus, Crystal City, Pevely, etc. The county is growing. The county parks are being improved and utilized by more as people are being made aware of their existence. In the years between 2000 and 2010 Jefferson county grew 10% and 11.6% between 2001 and 2013. Arnold on the other hand grew 4.2% from 2000 to 2010 and 5.8% between 2001 and 2013. These figures come from the U.S. Census Bureau.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carondelet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Affordable Lawn Care Chris H Tue Billy 58
News Arnold Officer Ryan O'Connor Shot by Handcuffed... Tue Cynical 14
Looking (Aug '15) Dec 5 Lilu 6
News Trains' horns leave Wentzville man steamed (Oct '06) Dec 2 Nancy Hoda 34
Does anyone know James Reed? Dec 2 Loser 31
A Fun Fact About Black People Nov 26 Black is black 5
News Best Place to Jog (Oct '13) Oct '13 Lafonda 3

Carondelet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance