Nepotism on Fox schoolboard
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#2766 Mar 5, 2014
Carol wrote:
I am proud to be working for Superintendent Critchlow. I feel privileged everyday to work with outstanding teachers, support staff, and families. Each person brings special qualities to the District that supports students in becoming lifelong learners. Our school community wants all children to excel and fulfill their dreams.
Now Sam, one thing: "You disgust me!"
I am trying not to accept compliments, but I gotta make an exception here. Thank you for that, it made my day.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#2767 Mar 5, 2014
lol wrote:
Sam had the chance to make things better and run for the BOE. He's a coward.
Are you sure?
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#2768 Mar 5, 2014
no name wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion Sam. Mine just happens to differ. I have that right as do you. It's what makes America great. Please don't try to make me feel any differently than I do. I wouldn't do it to you so respect me and leave it at that.
I don't get the whole "fife and drum" thing that is always brought into it? I honestly don't get that?

As to respect, well you know the saying.

When it comes to ethics and character it follows that those at the top should be without blemish. Agreed? In order to understand the "trickle down" effect of character traits all you have to do is look at your family, and I mine. That is all very simple stuff right?

So what remains? Whether or not the practice of hiring family and friends at the expense of more qualified applicants was ethical? Not, was it legal? Was it ethical? These are in many cases not just "questionable hires." Let's just talk about the truth for a change. Do you know the other applicants, do you know their qualifications? If you do then how could you possibly accept some of these hires? It hurt other hard working employees who were dedicated and more qualified. And the family of board members also gained from her glowing recommendations about those that were "far and away" the most qualified. I don't care how close you are to someone, I do not care what they have done good or bad, I do not care about any other statistic! No matter what motive anybody attaches to the act it can not make the outcome ethical. What she did was wrong! It was wrong then, it is wrong now, and it will be wrong tomorrow! It does not matter how the stop sign is run. You get ticketed for running it! "I didn't see it....I could see it and I knew it was safe....I rolled through it....it didn't really mean stop.....it doesn't apply to me....I don't care." All may be actual reasons for running it, but the running of it is against the law. What was done was unethical by every standard a society lives by. Telling the truth, the whole truth, that is what makes life great, no matter what country you are in!

By the way, I am not trying to change the way you feel. If I even could then I would truly have no respect for you. You defenders of all things wonderful about the super out number guys like me maybe 20 to 1?!00 to 1? Don't be so afraid, lets just leave it at that.
lol

Imperial, MO

#2769 Mar 7, 2014
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>Are you sure?
I'm very sure that you aren't running. You have left people like myself with no one to vote for, yet will continue to complain about the job done by those that do run. That is pretty cowardly.

Arnold, MO

#2770 Mar 7, 2014
seven

Arnold, MO

#2771 Mar 7, 2014
assured
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#2772 Mar 8, 2014
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm very sure that you aren't running. You have left people like myself with no one to vote for, yet will continue to complain about the job done by those that do run. That is pretty cowardly.
I am pretty sure that given your personality you will find someone to follow.
lol

Imperial, MO

#2773 Mar 8, 2014
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>I am pretty sure that given your personality you will find someone to follow.
I'm voting for Mark Jones and that is it. You really left some of us employees with nothing. All we got was someone willing to point out the problems, but no tangible solutions. Yes there should be more transparency, but without more candidates willing to provide that, how can it get accomplished.

I appreciate you speaking out, but you only went halfway. Getting yourself on tv didn't help us. We needed candidates that represented real change and you could have provided that. Now we are left with one quality candidate for three spots. You have to see the math is not very good. Again, if I could have run I would. My job prevents that from happening. I know we shouldn't always ask for more, but I was hoping that we could have had a unified "Real Change" pact with yourself, Mr. Jones and Mr. Simpson.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#2774 Mar 10, 2014
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm voting for Mark Jones and that is it. You really left some of us employees with nothing. All we got was someone willing to point out the problems, but no tangible solutions. Yes there should be more transparency, but without more candidates willing to provide that, how can it get accomplished.
I appreciate you speaking out, but you only went halfway. Getting yourself on tv didn't help us. We needed candidates that represented real change and you could have provided that. Now we are left with one quality candidate for three spots. You have to see the math is not very good. Again, if I could have run I would. My job prevents that from happening. I know we shouldn't always ask for more, but I was hoping that we could have had a unified "Real Change" pact with yourself, Mr. Jones and Mr. Simpson.
I left you with nothing?

Halfway to you was all the way with me. I said I would do what I could to make sure the board got replaced. I did! They are! Now what is the plan? Are you going to make sure the state retrains every single board member in the state? Because if you want the board to actually act differently that is what has to be done.

I never sought out Elliot Davis, that was somebody else. He sought me out after reading the article in the post Dispatch about the cease and desist letters.

When I don't like the way I'm being treated I tell people to F-OFF no matter what the outcome is. I turned around about 42 times and never saw a single person in my corner when I needed them. You want a savior? It ain't me babe you're looking for.

Why wasn't Laughlin included in your list off good candidates.

Nice try though>
Ssdd

Imperial, MO

#2777 Mar 11, 2014
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
What was purchased? Choir robes. Completely legit!
Now back to the reason this was brought up in the first place. TRANSPARENCY!!! When they show a bill for 24,000 and it does not have an explanation then someone needs to publicly ask what in the hell was that 24,000 for? There is presently no one, except Rich Simpson asking those questions. And because this administration does not see fit to tell the taxpayers what exactly they are spending our money on by making it available on the website, then the board should be publicly asking these questions. Unless of course they do not believe it really matters to anyone else but Rich, then if they just do business as usual it doesn't really matter. Every dime of what they spend should be on the website!
Do you have an email address?
Sam Ferry

Grover, MO

#2779 Mar 13, 2014
Ssdd wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have an email address?
Hey I typed this out twice for you but it does not appear to work. Let me try this......it is......ferry sam at (the symbol) rocket mail dot (.) com. Of course there are no spaces.
Eileen

Arnold, MO

#2780 Apr 1, 2014
TROOP 5 or 6 wrote:
Yo!!! Petifile Sam. That was addressed over a month ago. Get off the bong and up to real time.
Elliot is a known hamster packer. Just ask rich Simpson. They have an undercover tube fest every third Wednesday of the month. Rumor has it that rich is developing this in his mad scientist lab; a clawless super hamster that wiggles exponentially when deprived of air when it's skin is exposed to methane. Richard Gere has nothing on these a$$ hammers! You ever wonder why he looks f-d silly? He still has a rodent that traveled up his digestive system and lodged itself in his brain. He can't let this tragedy go! Apparently there is a merit badge for biology when he displays this in his "pack". Lol. Pardon the pun!
You guys are straight up f-sticks. Kinda like middle school and now...i laugh at you!
In re-reading this old thread, I see that Troop's original fixation began with Rich Simpson. Sam Ferry was second in line.

So informative to re-read the comments from Troop, including the despicable allegations calling Sam a "petifile" and talking about Eliott Davis being a hamster packer. It only got worse, from there.

So TELLING.
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

#2781 Apr 2, 2014
Eileen wrote:
<quoted text>
So informative to re-read the comments from Troop, including the despicable allegations calling Sam a "petifile" and talking about Eliott Davis being a hamster packer. It only got worse, from there.
So TELLING.
I sorta miss Troop. He was always good for a demonstration of the juxtaposition between those who supported the old board's policies and those who didn't. He and Linda Nash did more to defeat the BOE incumbents on the ballot than anyone else. They were more deadly to political careers than Todd Akins' speech writer.
Mary

United States

#2782 Apr 4, 2014
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
I left you with nothing?
Halfway to you was all the way with me. I said I would do what I could to make sure the board got replaced. I did! They are! Now what is the plan? Are you going to make sure the state retrains every single board member in the state? Because if you want the board to actually act differently that is what has to be done.
I never sought out Elliot Davis, that was somebody else. He sought me out after reading the article in the post Dispatch about the cease and desist letters.
When I don't like the way I'm being treated I tell people to F-OFF no matter what the outcome is. I turned around about 42 times and never saw a single person in my corner when I needed them. You want a savior? It ain't me babe you're looking for.
Why wasn't Laughlin included in your list off good candidates.
Nice try though>
Why isn't Laughlin on the "list of good candidates".? HE VOTED FOR NASH. Enough said. I am voting for Mark Jones.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#2783 Apr 4, 2014
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
Why isn't Laughlin on the "list of good candidates".? HE VOTED FOR NASH. Enough said. I am voting for Mark Jones.
Mary, relax a bit with the bold tone. This was a specific question, to a specific person, for a specific reason. You may have noticed they did not answer that question.

I have said from day one that anyone that was a part of that hire should not even run, let alone get elected. The only exception I would make is if those who did wrong stepped up and apologized. That never happened, and never will. So we agree on Laughlin. I am an early on Mark Jones fan, T-shirt on my chest, bumper sticker on my truck, and I still say hands down he is the best possible candidate out there. What's not to like? He wants transparency, he advocates fiscal responsibility, and has a proven track record of how he works with others. He had my vote the day he registered.

We okay now Mary?
Mary

Saint Louis, MO

#2784 Apr 4, 2014
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>Mary, relax a bit with the bold tone. This was a specific question, to a specific person, for a specific reason. You may have noticed they did not answer that question.

I have said from day one that anyone that was a part of that hire should not even run, let alone get elected. The only exception I would make is if those who did wrong stepped up and apologized. That never happened, and never will. So we agree on Laughlin. I am an early on Mark Jones fan, T-shirt on my chest, bumper sticker on my truck, and I still say hands down he is the best possible candidate out there. What's not to like? He wants transparency, he advocates fiscal responsibility, and has a proven track record of how he works with others. He had my vote the day he registered.

We okay now Mary?
We still needed more good candidates. Mark Jones is a lonely strong voice in this election. The NEA backing Laughlin makes it hard to take them seriously as an organization.
Wish you would have run, but we'll settle for your voice.
school board new blood

Lake Ozark, MO

#2785 Apr 6, 2014
We do need to vote out the incumbents and continue to bring in new leaders that understand the value of an earned education vs. showing our children that you can be appointed to a position without the required education. The Nash case was ridiculous. Let's bring common sense back to Fox and keep it high on education standards. We owe it to our kids. Vote out the Nash buddies.
imamesswatcher

United States

#2786 Apr 6, 2014
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>We still needed more good candidates. Mark Jones is a lonely strong voice in this election. The NEA backing Laughlin makes it hard to take them seriously as an organization.
Wish you would have run, but we'll settle for your voice.
NEA is the organization to which the majority of the Fox teachers belong. You say you have a hard time taking NEA seriously as an organization. That may be the case and you are entitled to your belief. The reality is that NEA is the largest union in the United States- seriously. FoxNEA is the voice that the majority of Fox teachers have chosen to speak for them- also a very serious matter. Can you explain why you believe NEA and should not be taken seriously?
school board new blood

Lake Ozark, MO

#2787 Apr 6, 2014
imamesswatcher wrote:
<quoted text>NEA is the organization to which the majority of the Fox teachers belong. You say you have a hard time taking NEA seriously as an organization. That may be the case and you are entitled to your belief. The reality is that NEA is the largest union in the United States- seriously. FoxNEA is the voice that the majority of Fox teachers have chosen to speak for them- also a very serious matter. Can you explain why you believe NEA and should not be taken seriously?
Unfortunately, the NEA is using poor judgement when they back incumbents that voted for Nash's improperly educated daughter for a Fox Directorship. Who can you trust anymore. Nepotism needs to go in Fox and the NEA needs to get on the right side. I look forward to seeing more visits from Elliot Davis.
Eileen

Arnold, MO

#2788 Apr 7, 2014
Red 5 wrote:
<quoted text>
I sorta miss Troop. He was always good for a demonstration of the juxtaposition between those who supported the old board's policies and those who didn't. He and Linda Nash did more to defeat the BOE incumbents on the ballot than anyone else. They were more deadly to political careers than Todd Akins' speech writer.
I can't say I miss him, but I do look forward to eventually learning officially who he is. I absolutely agree with you about being deadly to political careers. Mrs. Dr. Critchlow, included.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carondelet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jefferson County Allows Child Abuse! (Nov '12) 1 hr victim 9
Is fenton a racist city 4 hr not here 5
Three Black ladies harrased at Toys R Us (Dec '15) Jul 27 Colby Raines 6
Trolling for losers on Topix (Dec '15) Jul 26 captain schmuck 2
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) Jul 23 Just Saying 1,480
News Chick-fil-A Turned Away (Mar '11) Jul 22 Back Again 29
Water Tower Dental Group Jul 18 angel 8

Carondelet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance