Nepotism on Fox schoolboard
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#2560 Nov 7, 2013
Arnold Granny wrote:
Mr. Ferry can I ask why you fill page after page with these re-postings?
Of course. The short answer, I don't want people to forget.

If you are an employee of Fox then you know by experience what nepotism has done and why those responsible should be replaced. If you are not then I probably appear to be a whinny baby who can't let go of something. I get it. But the former know where of I speak, and Arnold has a very, very short term memory. Between election cycles people get lost in the day to day of life,and are not angry by the next election. I promised myself I would not do that when it comes to a Board that flagrantly ignored the ethics they swore to uphold!
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

#2561 Nov 7, 2013
Imperiallizard wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. NO ONE IS COMMENTING so it's time to move on. Get over it.
Right Addit? Isn't that what you preach?
Wizard? Are we boring you? I feel terrible about it. Really. Terrible.

Here are a few numbers you can chew on while you wait for a school board member to adopt you or Dianne to marry you.

1.Dianne will make $256,000 this year. Damn.$256,000. Wizard, forget I said anything about option number 2. I have no pride - I'm first in that line...
2. Dianne's salary is almost 6 times what the average teacher at Fox is paid ($44,314).
3.Dianne's salary is 28 times the amount spent per student in the district.($&#8203;9,140).
4.Dianne's salary is 4.6 times the median family income in the district.($54,500).
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

#2562 Nov 7, 2013
Sorry, don't know what happened there. The average amount spent per student at Fox is $9,140.00.
Addit

Republic, MO

#2563 Nov 8, 2013
Imperiallizard wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. NO ONE IS COMMENTING so it's time to move on. Get over it.
Right Addit? Isn't that what you preach?
No moving on or getting over it until the old board has been replaced and Administration makes better decisions. I enjoy Sam's reposts; I am in the trenches and living it. I love my job and the students I teach, but some things need to change and it needs to start at the top. Keep up the good work Sam, and thanks for being at the forefront for us.
sam seeks attention

United States

#2564 Nov 8, 2013
"In the trenches?" You sound like a tool and denigrate the men that actually had to endure that hell. Find a new term. You aren't at war you putz
truth seeker

Detroit, MI

#2565 Nov 8, 2013
sam seeks attention wrote:
"In the trenches?" You sound like a tool and denigrate the men that actually had to endure that hell. Find a new term.' at war you putz
your the putz!!! They were just saying thanks to Sam for being their voice. And takin the crap dished out. It is kind of a war agianst the BOE and the people at the top!! You are! rude!!!!!
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

#2566 Nov 8, 2013
More fun with numbers.

Number of recent automobile accidents in which Dianne was operating a district owned vehicle: ONE (that we know of)

Number of times she was given a drug test as required by BOE Regulation 4871* after said accident: ZERO.

Number of "District Administrators" with the guts to publicly demand she be held accountable to the policies she helped put in place: ZERO

Number of official explanations for why she wasn't tested:(C'mon, say it with me Wizard): ZERO

*Driver Drug Testing"

Employees holding a non-safety sensitive position will be subject to post accident drug testing
"where a District administrator has sufficient cause to suspect the employee’s use of alcohol or
non-prescribed controlled substance producing accident, in conjunction with or related to a work
place testing." Such post accident testing will be utilized in the instance of the occurrence of any
of the five instances set forth in this policy.

Post accident testing will be utilized after any accident...

§ resulting in disabling damage to any motor vehicle or piece of District equipment;
Addit

Ballwin, MO

#2567 Nov 10, 2013
"In the trenches?" You sound like a tool and denigrate the men that actually had to endure that hell. Find a new term. You aren't at war you putz
I never mentioned war nor did I say I was in a foxhole. You are the PUTZ and an Ahole; "trenches" is a term anyone can use, my neighbor just dug a trench over the weekend. I once took shelter in a trench on the side of a highway to avoid an oncoming tornado. And yes, that is what it sometimes feels like around this place and I am glad to have SAM around to help pull me out, YOU PUTZ. I have tried to avoid name calling, but it just feels right this time. Oh, can you sub for me tomorrow and handle my classes of 30+ kiddos????? And not be a PUTZ while with them, please?
Sam Fery

Saint Louis, MO

#2568 Nov 13, 2013
Repot Reminder

Math Major
Jun 3, 2013
So if Smith is done that means we've removed 3 of those responsible for the shameful head nurse and BQ debacles. Excellent start. Now we keep going after them in the press and at the polls until they're either all gone or those who are still left finally decide that "doing what the voters want" isn't such a radical concept after all and let some other poor school district have the honor of overpaying Kelly, Todd, Tim, and Dianne.
Ssdd

Imperial, MO

#2569 Nov 13, 2013
We need to get with Ferguson Florrisants district to see how they got rid of their super!
sam seeks attention

Saint Louis, MO

#2570 Nov 13, 2013
Addit wrote:
<quoted text>I never mentioned war nor did I say I was in a foxhole. You are the PUTZ and an Ahole; "trenches" is a term anyone can use, my neighbor just dug a trench over the weekend. I once took shelter in a trench on the side of a highway to avoid an oncoming tornado. And yes, that is what it sometimes feels like around this place and I am glad to have SAM around to help pull me out, YOU PUTZ. I have tried to avoid name calling, but it just feels right this time. Oh, can you sub for me tomorrow and handle my classes of 30+ kiddos????? And not be a PUTZ while with them, please?
Putz
sam seeks attention

Saint Louis, MO

#2571 Nov 13, 2013
Somebody didn't get enough hugs growing up. Addit seems like a bit of a loose cannon. Do you snap at your students, too?
Sam Fery

Saint Louis, MO

#2572 Nov 14, 2013
When someone says there is no "upside" to the board members engaging the public outside the public comment session of a board meeting they lack a basic understanding of human interaction.....or they're a lawyer!

Transparency, frankness, openness, all go to the very heart of the problems at Fox C-6. Both sides are full of fear. The Board, which is scared beyond belief of either being misquoted or sued, as well as employees who fear the board will go directly to "thier boss" and rat them out.

When the Board finally figures out who they work for they will see the benifit of being open and transparent. Openness not only depends on the Board being readily accessible concerning their actions or purposes but also it means they would be willing and ready to receive ideas and concerns from all of us. You CAN NOT do that without some form of "back and forth" conversation with the public.

What in God's name is everyone so afraid of? In a word......Critchlow! For one gosh darn time will you Board members stand up and think for yourselves! You have not done your job and it is disgusting!
Simply Put

Columbus, OH

#2573 Nov 14, 2013
It is Diane Salsman-Brown-Critchlow that needs to learn she is an employee and her salary is paid by the taxpaying public, so taxpayers, along with the board is who SHE answers to, not the other way around.
Addit

Ballwin, MO

#2574 Nov 14, 2013
Somebody didn't get enough hugs growing up. Addit seems like a bit of a loose cannon. Do you snap at your students, too?
Hmmmm, I call you a PUTZ and I am the loose cannon? You called me one first and then called me one again. What does that make you?
Ssdd

Imperial, MO

#2575 Nov 14, 2013
I have been out of the loop. Are the new board members falling in line? Are they waiting to make a statement when the three seats come up for grabs in April? The board should be completely transparent. They were elected to bridge the gap between the community and the school district officials. Why is that concept so awful? I've heard that the district has all these new administrative interns. What the heck is that all about?
When do the people that want to run for school board have to file?
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#2576 Nov 14, 2013
Ssdd wrote:
I have been out of the loop. Are the new board members falling in line? Are they waiting to make a statement when the three seats come up for grabs in April? The board should be completely transparent. They were elected to bridge the gap between the community and the school district officials. Why is that concept so awful? I've heard that the district has all these new administrative interns. What the heck is that all about?
When do the people that want to run for school board have to file?
I can only give you my opinion, and I have yet to miss a board meeting or a board workshop! Steve Holloway is as solid as a rock. He is unafraid to disagree with the entire board, unafraid to speak his mind and willing to work hard to usher in some of the changes we are seeking. I have never had him refuse to talk with me on any subject. Dan Kroupa is a little harder to read. Although I believe he has the ability to stand on his own he does not appear to have the same conviction to engage the public that Holloway and Laughlin have. I am not convinced he wants to work as hard as they do either. But I could be wrong about that, it could be that he is still trying to become familiar with the process and that gives off a look of being less engaged. Although Laughlin is not new I have got to give the guy credit, he is hard working, always willing to have discourse with me and enthusiastic about engaging the public. He and Holloway make up a solid core! But for sure they are outnumbered and there is only so much progress they can make until the have some back up. Hopefullybl April will provide that!

As of the last closed session meeting, after the board workshop on the 5th, they decided against making time before a regular board meeting to have open conversations with the public. You can thank Dianne and the lawyer for that. It was a closed meeting so I do not know how the individual board members voted yet, but if it was unanamous then I know that nothing has changed inspite of all their talk! You can read the transcript of some of the open part of that meeting at Fox C-6 Watchdogs.

I don't believe anyone new will file until December. I pray daily that Mark Jones will run again and that the NEA will support him. I said last year, and I still believe he is a perfect candidate. Fingers crossed on that one.

As far as the interns go I have no knowledge of that.
sam seeks attention

United States

#2577 Nov 15, 2013
Addit wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmmm, I call you a PUTZ and I am the loose cannon? You called me one first and then called me one again. What does that make you?
Putz
News Flash

Saint Louis, MO

#2578 Nov 15, 2013
Foodservice secretary gave her two weeks notice today!
Addit

United States

#2579 Nov 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Putz
Asked and answered; I rest my case.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carondelet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jefferson College, Broke and Expanding Wed High Ridge Resident 12
News Riot police break up St. Louis protest over off... Sep 18 I see Jesus 1
Affordable Lawn Care Chris H Sep 15 Guest 22
News Who's Hiring: 5 Job Openings In and Around Kirk... (Aug '13) Sep 15 Lenny 3
Anti coon movement Sep 15 Coon 2
Coons are on the march Sep 15 Coon 2
Driveing thru protestors Sep 14 White Trailer Tra... 2

Carondelet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carondelet Mortgages