Nepotism on Fox schoolboard
IT nerd

Saint Louis, MO

#2376 Aug 27, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>Talked with a couple of people that I trust about this yesterday and they said your evaluation is "exactly right." Thank you for taking the time to explain some of it.
No problem. It's the reason I didn't get upset about the menus not being posted. I wasn't stoked about the hire, but I doubt that Burger Lady was the reason they weren't up. They had a lot of technology upgrades over the summer and that was probably a low priority when they were troubleshooting the new Tyler system. Btw, I've played around with it a bit since I got my login at open house. Parents will live it when they figure it out. Very interactive and it has some great abilities. It was a very good buy with those Bond funds IMHO.
IT nerd

Saint Louis, MO

#2377 Aug 27, 2013
IT nerd wrote:
<quoted text>No problem. It's the reason I didn't get upset about the menus not being posted. I wasn't stoked about the hire, but I doubt that Burger Lady was the reason they weren't up. They had a lot of technology upgrades over the summer and that was probably a low priority when they were troubleshooting the new Tyler system. Btw, I've played around with it a bit since I got my login at open house. Parents will live it when they figure it out. Very interactive and it has some great abilities. It was a very good buy with those Bond funds IMHO.
love it*
Sam Ferry

Fenton, MO

#2378 Aug 27, 2013
IT nerd wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem. It's the reason I didn't get upset about the menus not being posted. I wasn't stoked about the hire, but I doubt that Burger Lady was the reason they weren't up. They had a lot of technology upgrades over the summer and that was probably a low priority when they were troubleshooting the new Tyler system. Btw, I've played around with it a bit since I got my login at open house. Parents will live it when they figure it out. Very interactive and it has some great abilities. It was a very good buy with those Bond funds IMHO.
Maybe I can help you with that doubt. She was most certainly responsible for it, at the very least in part. So were the two assistants that were hired to help her out. This was quite simply not a technology issue. Unless that you are counting they did not know how to use the technology that was already in place. They simply did not know all that needed to be done. No harm no foul in this case. That is what happens when you hire someone that does not know what to do and the only person who does know, up and retires.

Still, thanks for helping with why IT guys might be leaving.
IT nerd

United States

#2379 Aug 28, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe I can help you with that doubt. She was most certainly responsible for it, at the very least in part. So were the two assistants that were hired to help her out. This was quite simply not a technology issue. Unless that you are counting they did not know how to use the technology that was already in place. They simply did not know all that needed to be done. No harm no foul in this case. That is what happens when you hire someone that does not know what to do and the only person who does know, up and retires.

Still, thanks for helping with why IT guys might be leaving.
How do you know that I'm not one of the IT guys leaving and know exactly what happened with the menus?

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#2380 Aug 28, 2013
Sam, I'll help you out on this one.

Because I talked to two of the IT guys the first day of school and they both didn't know what was going on and admitted it. They said early on there were file permission problems but that those were fixed and they didn't know what I was talking about with problems not getting the menus up. I told them of her excuses and they seemed flabbergasted.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#2381 Aug 28, 2013
IT nerd wrote:
<quoted text>
I used my time at a school district in the area as a way to build up a résumé. Many people in my department at my current employer did the same thing.
Does this answer your question sufficiently or do I need to eloborate?
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#2382 Aug 28, 2013
ArnoldCC wrote:
Sam, I'll help you out on this one.
Because I talked to two of the IT guys the first day of school and they both didn't know what was going on and admitted it. They said early on there were file permission problems but that those were fixed and they didn't know what I was talking about with problems not getting the menus up. I told them of her excuses and they seemed flabbergasted.
Thank you.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#2383 Aug 28, 2013
Daily Repost Reminder

We Do Care
Feb 9, 2013
You seem to not understand, I and many others don't care to see what this hire does and then judge. The fact is, the hire was a burger flipper and not qualified for the position when hired for it. It is not the district's job to pay for the education of Board Member Nash's daughter in law at the expense of the taxpayers and students. No one who is complaining is going off half-cocked, they have all chambers loaded and the fact that she did not meet standards was all over the media. You're right I can't judge a book by it's cover, but if I pay for War and Peace and get One Fish, Two Fish, I'm not going to be very happy. It's not whether it works out or not down the road, they should be held accountable NOW. This is happening NOW. It should not have been allowed to happen in the first place. The person hired for the job should have possessed all of the required qualifications WHEN HIRED.

Letusnamenames

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#2384 Aug 28, 2013
Was there a board meeting last night? How did it go?
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#2385 Aug 28, 2013
Letusnamenames wrote:
Was there a board meeting last night? How did it go?
First let me say that I am repeatedly asked by board members not to talk about or repeat something they have shared with me. I do let them know in no uncertain terms that when it comes to the nepotism failures and election vetting I will most certainly mention them all. BUT it is a bit of a tightrope for me on some things.

Having said that, there seems to be a shift in the way they want the public to interact with them at the meetings. My goal is to foster open honest back and forth conversations between the community and the board. For me personally last night was a first step and it went much better than I hoped for.

I am not quite sure that the transfusion of new board blood will ever mix with the old board blood. But I have more hope for that than I have ever had. I believe the board is actually talking about a great many of our concerns and observations. Will that translate into action or change? To early to tell. What will really help this culture of mistrust between the board and the community is open and honest dialog.

I had several very frank and honest discussions with board members and asst. superintendents, including Mr. Arbeitman and Mr. Crutchley. I explaid I know I have been pretty tough on everyone but the board meetings are a different deal. I want to open the lines of communication there and that takes a resolve to mend fences by both parties. If anyone has suggestions or can offer help I am all ears. My goal is to come to a place where we can stop pointing fingers and start holding hands. Sounda corny but it is completely within reach.

Now for those of you that think I am going soft, or have been fooled by the arrogant, think again. The board meetings are a different deal than what takes place here. Here the gloves stay off until they prove they are willing to change!
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

#2386 Aug 28, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
First let me say that I am repeatedly asked by board members not to talk about or repeat something they have shared with me. I do let them know in no uncertain terms that when it comes to the nepotism failures and election vetting I will most certainly mention them all. BUT it is a bit of a tightrope for me on some things.

Now for those of you that think I am going soft, or have been fooled by the arrogant, think again. The board meetings are a different deal than what takes place here. Here the gloves stay off until they prove they are willing to change!
I don't think you're going soft Sam but I have said repeatedly that what a board member or administrator says in private means absolutely NOTHING. Until they finally collect their testicles from Dianne's desk drawer and stand up on their hind legs and say "This is wrong!" I will work to defeat every single one of them.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#2387 Aug 28, 2013
Red 5 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you're going soft Sam but I have said repeatedly that what a board member or administrator says in private means absolutely NOTHING. Until they finally collect their testicles from Dianne's desk drawer and stand up on their hind legs and say "This is wrong!" I will work to defeat every single one of them.
We are in complete agreement!
So What can be done

Saint Louis, MO

#2388 Aug 28, 2013
IT nerd wrote:
<quoted text>
The menus were not put on the website due to incompetence. Managers had to literally type them out them selves and make copies to give out at open house.
September menu came out with just the first week prepared, and the rest of the month was presented just this week.
I also hear that the retired director of whom Nash replaced has been in Nash's office all this week. Guess they need to pay someone to show her what her job responsibilities really are. They will never allow her to fail publicly, but she has already failed the department. She needs to go......
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#2389 Aug 28, 2013
So What can be done wrote:
<quoted text>
The menus were not put on the website due to incompetence. Managers had to literally type them out them selves and make copies to give out at open house.
September menu came out with just the first week prepared, and the rest of the month was presented just this week.
I also hear that the retired director of whom Nash replaced has been in Nash's office all this week. Guess they need to pay someone to show her what her job responsibilities really are. They will never allow her to fail publicly, but she has already failed the department. She needs to go......
Am I understanding this? Are you saying they are presently paying the former director to get the year started? How well do you trust what you have heard? If this is true then this administration......well I am completely out of words for how inept they are.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#2390 Aug 29, 2013
So What can be done wrote:
<quoted text>
During the meeting Todd Scott replied to my comments that the menus were handed out at open house. This was incorrect. My teacher had folders put together for us to take home and there were no menus in it. I talked to a couple other parents that attended open house and they said they did not receive menus either. He should check before he insists something was done because in this case he was wrong.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#2391 Aug 29, 2013
Daily Repost Reminder

You are not serious
Feb 9, 2013
Yeah that's the big cry of those that cannot defend this lame hiring! "Oh but the kids, the kids, no one cares about the kids". What a joke! I'll bet you that was the big tipping point for the decision to hire a non-qualified family member over qualified employees, "now understand the only reason we are hiring a person with no tangible understanding in the field of health and nutrition is because we love the kids so much. If we did not care so much for their well being we would of hired someone who we knew was qualified." You do not have the most basic understanding of what is good for kids and yet you throw stones? You have zero credibility! Caring about kids would have been putting a qualified person in charge of food services, thatis simple enough for even you to understand!
jim bob

Wynne, AR

#2392 Aug 29, 2013
Your lives must be great if all you have to worry about is a school lunch menu. This is some funny stuff.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#2393 Aug 29, 2013
jim bob wrote:
Your lives must be great if all you have to worry about is a school lunch menu. This is some funny stuff.
Missed you!

It was a bad hire, horrible hire, wrong hire, digusting hire, maybe you can get your friends to stand up and admit that. It is about the lack of character in this district not about the lunches. We are a NATIONAL district of character, the entire nation looks to our example. Men and women of character stand up at this point and say "I'm sorry, I was wrong."
jim bob

Wynne, AR

#2394 Aug 29, 2013
And if you hadn't got your ittby bitty feelings hurt in the past you wouldn't even care.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#2395 Aug 29, 2013
jim bob wrote:
And if you hadn't got your ittby bitty feelings hurt in the past you wouldn't even care.
Who hurt my feelings?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carondelet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where do the Afican Americans hang out in Arnol... (Aug '10) 19 hr Wake Up 38
News Lawsuit accuses municipalities of targeting the... Aug 22 VeeBee 6
Revival Aug 13 Pastor Anthony Pe... 1
What happened to Kimmswick? (Jan '06) Aug 13 Addit 790
Is fenton a racist city Aug 11 Funny 7
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) Aug 2 VeeBee 1,482
SB40 JCDDRB County Tax Levy - Funding & Service... (Nov '15) Aug 2 VeeBee 28

Carondelet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance