Nepotism on Fox schoolboard
Sam Ferry

Maryland Heights, MO

#2191 Jun 22, 2013
Addit wrote:
What about the hiring of an admin staff son as head elem librarian over more qualified applicants. Sam, check that out for us. Heard his interview did not go as well as other applicants, but was given the job any way.
It is hard to speak to his "qualifications" considering Fox allows applicants to "learn as they go" in so many different positions now. Plus I do not know of all the applicants so it is hard to say who was more qualified.

Here is what I do know. Josh Davis was one of two applicants that secured a librarian position. He is the son of Board secretary Debbie Davis. Based on the interviews he came in second. So that in essence determined he would get a position. But he actually could have had the best interview or the worst interview, it would not have made a difference he was going to get a position however it played out.

The administration did not want to give him the "best interview" label because it would have looked like they were once again choosing a family member as the "best by far". But they also recognized that if they did not give him the "second best" interview then they could not have given him a position without sizeable controversy.

Now I have worked with Josh at Guffey when he helped out in the Nurses office. He is very amiable, great with kids, and by all standards seemed to be completely capable. However I do not believe he had all of the needed qualifications for the position, he is currently working to get those. That is not really an issue if the other applicants were in the same boat as he is. BUT if there was a single applicant that currently had all needed qualifications then for sure this is just more of the same with the administration and the board!
Sam Ferry

Maryland Heights, MO

#2192 Jun 22, 2013
First_time_caller wrote:
<quoted text>
Above is an old post of Red's. I went and dug it up because the BOE is meeting next week to kiss Dianne and Todd's a$$, excuse me, carefully vet all the candidates who applied for the assistant's job. It will be interesting to see if the BOE members - especially the two new ones - bring their testicles to the meeting or if they remain in the tiny jar on the corner of Dianne's desk where they've resided for years.
I hope I'm wrong but here's my prediction of what will happen at the meeting. First, the board sits on their hands and lets Kelly get away with naming her two favorites instead of actually trying to determine the two most competent. Second, after a unanimous vote in favor of hiring the two toadies the BOE members will scatter like roaches. Three, if cornered Dianne will shimmy and shake and say they were "by far" the best candidates. And fourth, Todd will have another sudden memory lapse and forget the qualifications of the other 5 or 6 managers who applied.
The board members, including the new ones, are basically working in partial light conditions if not total darkness. The reason for that is because there is not full discloser to them by the administration.

We are beginning to see a widening gap between the old and the new and it is possible you will be wrong come Tuesdy, I hope you are too. If not it will be sold to the board as well as the public as the best solution and "it will save money" at the same time. I do not believe that is accurate, when you account for training, health care, retirement, and all expenses, I bet it ends up costing more. After a trial period they'll get a sizeable raise that most certainly would be denied up and down at this time, but look at the history of this administration!

The BOE was not informed of the way these two positions came into being when they approved it. There would have been many questions had Todd Scott fully informed the Board, but he did not! Another interesting fact that the Board was not aware of is the new division of responsibilities to assistant supers. Todd Scott now is in charge of Food Services and he was in charge at the time of this decision to allow the two kitchen managers to take over! So hopefully now that they know it will result in further scruntiny and a split vote! We'll see.

I understand that it is very hard if not impossible to trust the board with your identity. It's easy for me because I don't actually work for Fox. But the Board will continue to work with "the lights off" if people do not start speaking up. From the horses mouth it comes to me that the single biggest problem they are dealing with is the hiring practices of this administration! Do not assume the Board knows all and sees all, they do not!
Steve

United States

#2193 Jun 22, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
The board members, including the new ones, are basically working in partial light conditions if not total darkness. The reason for that is because there is not full discloser to them by the administration.
We are beginning to see a widening gap between the old and the new and it is possible you will be wrong come Tuesdy, I hope you are too. If not it will be sold to the board as well as the public as the best solution and "it will save money" at the same time. I do not believe that is accurate, when you account for training, health care, retirement, and all expenses, I bet it ends up costing more. After a trial period they'll get a sizeable raise that most certainly would be denied up and down at this time, but look at the history of this administration!
The BOE was not informed of the way these two positions came into being when they approved it. There would have been many questions had Todd Scott fully informed the Board, but he did not! Another interesting fact that the Board was not aware of is the new division of responsibilities to assistant supers. Todd Scott now is in charge of Food Services and he was in charge at the time of this decision to allow the two kitchen managers to take over! So hopefully now that they know it will result in further scruntiny and a split vote! We'll see.
I understand that it is very hard if not impossible to trust the board with your identity. It's easy for me because I don't actually work for Fox. But the Board will continue to work with "the lights off" if people do not start speaking up. From the horses mouth it comes to me that the single biggest problem they are dealing with is the hiring practices of this administration! Do not assume the Board knows all and sees all, they do not!
But DO make sure you hold them TOTALLY RESPONSIBLE...LOL. Sam under these conditions, it really does not matter who is on the BOE. Again, I would suggest going to talk to and personally letting those board members who are willing to listen. I just talked to Smith yesterday about a situation and he said he was going to look into it and let me know. He has always listened to me and tried to find out answers.
Sam Ferry

Maryland Heights, MO

#2194 Jun 22, 2013
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
But DO make sure you hold them TOTALLY RESPONSIBLE...LOL. Sam under these conditions, it really does not matter who is on the BOE. Again, I would suggest going to talk to and personally letting those board members who are willing to listen. I just talked to Smith yesterday about a situation and he said he was going to look into it and let me know. He has always listened to me and tried to find out answers.
What other Board members have you consulted concerning this subject as well as the nepotism policy? Other than Smitty, who else told you anything? Do you actually think you are the only person who talks with the board? Wake up Smitty's personal puppet!
Steve

United States

#2195 Jun 23, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
What other Board members have you consulted concerning this subject as well as the nepotism policy? Other than Smitty, who else told you anything? Do you actually think you are the only person who talks with the board? Wake up Smitty's personal puppet!
No Sammmy(assuming you want to get into funny little nick names), I AM SURE I AM NOT THE ONLY PERSON TALKING TO BOE MEMBERS. I have talked to a few of the BOE members. Smith is the one person over the years that has consistently looked into the situation for me and others. I have sent a few others to him as well who have had situations and have come back and thanked me for the advise after Dan helped them. Ask around, you will find that is the TRUTH.

I asked Dan if he has talked to you, he said "1 time" for a few minutes. Take some time and sit down with him, you will learn a lot about what is going on and how things really going on. He told me he would be happy to sit down with you or anyone to discuss whatever situation(s) are on your mind.
Sam Ferry

Maryland Heights, MO

#2196 Jun 23, 2013
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
No Sammmy(assuming you want to get into funny little nick names), I AM SURE I AM NOT THE ONLY PERSON TALKING TO BOE MEMBERS. I have talked to a few of the BOE members. Smith is the one person over the years that has consistently looked into the situation for me and others. I have sent a few others to him as well who have had situations and have come back and thanked me for the advise after Dan helped them. Ask around, you will find that is the TRUTH.
I asked Dan if he has talked to you, he said "1 time" for a few minutes. Take some time and sit down with him, you will learn a lot about what is going on and how things really going on. He told me he would be happy to sit down with you or anyone to discuss whatever situation(s) are on your mind.
Wow you really are thick aren't you. It took all of 60 seconds to size up old Smitty. If I wanted to talk with him I would but because he is a sheep and has no guts I choose not to. His answer concerning the "cease and desist" letters, that 'I had should not complain about how they do their job' sealed that fate. He is not worth talking to, Get it? By the way you never answered my question about where you stand on those letters. Was it right or wrong that the district sent them out?

Context........what was the context when I said the Board was in the dark? Take your time, go back and read it if you have to. Here let me help you, it was concerning the two supervisory positions in food services, and hiring practices in general. I also notice you did not answer those questions either. What other Board members did you talk to about the two new positions and what other board members did you talk to about the new nepotism policy? Not have you written and spoken to others over the years.

We all get you want to promote Smitty, that is Steve's thing, praise Smitty. But his time is coming to an end, and so is the "oneness" that the old board tried to fool the public with. His record will forever brand who he really is not some starry eyed friend.
EA

Saint Louis, MO

#2197 Jun 23, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>Wow you really are thick aren't you. It took all of 60 seconds to size up old Smitty. If I wanted to talk with him I would but because he is a sheep and has no guts I choose not to. His answer concerning the "cease and desist" letters, that 'I had should not complain about how they do their job' sealed that fate. He is not worth talking to, Get it? By the way you never answered my question about where you stand on those letters. Was it right or wrong that the district sent them out?

Context........what was the context when I said the Board was in the dark? Take your time, go back and read it if you have to. Here let me help you, it was concerning the two supervisory positions in food services, and hiring practices in general. I also notice you did not answer those questions either. What other Board members did you talk to about the two new positions and what other board members did you talk to about the new nepotism policy? Not have you written and spoken to others over the years.

We all get you want to promote Smitty, that is Steve's thing, praise Smitty. But his time is coming to an end, and so is the "oneness" that the old board tried to fool the public with. His record will forever brand who he really is not some starry eyed friend.
Now these new board members are screwing the teachers Sam. There will be about 200 teachers affected by their recent vote. Why isn't that a priority for you?
Sam Ferry

Maryland Heights, MO

#2198 Jun 23, 2013
EA wrote:
<quoted text>
Now these new board members are screwing the teachers Sam. There will be about 200 teachers affected by their recent vote. Why isn't that a priority for you?
I am too uninformed to speak with any authority on the subject. As a rule teachers do not talk with me, they promise to go out for lunch or drinks and then cancel, I was told by a principal that I was still a big problem with the central office so they did not want to be seen with me, some even physically avoid me at board meetings. Please do not misunderstand, I get the accompanying fear, they have alot to lose and I do not. But it means I can not get close enough to this information to speak to the issue.
Now if you just want my opinion.......between the two sides.......given the track record....I will side with the teachers every single time. But that is just an opinion and it is not based on what I know about the subject. I do not know how to be any more fair than that.
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

#2199 Jun 24, 2013
What Smith says in private means NOTHING. It's what he does in public that matters. When members of the public reacted with outrage at the first board meeting after the hiring of the BQ I watched as he sat there slack-jawed with the same stupid, vacant stare on his face as Linda, Todd, and the rest of the board members. He didn't have the courage that night to even meet his constituent's eyes. Getting him to speak to the people he represents would have taken an act of God.

Nothing is substantively different today than it was in December. Tomorrow night he and the others will dutifully vote to promote Todd's two newest prodigies. When asked why them his response will be - wait for it - "they were by far the best candidates!"

The relationship between this pitiful school board and overpaid administration is nothing more or less than one of "friends with benefits." The only difference is that the board and administrators get the benefits while the taxpayers and Fox employees just get screwed.

Smith is done. Linda Nash personally ended his political career here. Now all that's left is to see if he takes the coward's way out and doesn't run or if he puts his name on the ballot and gets his ass kicked the way the last two incumbents did.

So don't tell me how helpful Smith is in private. Tell me instead the date of his first open town hall meeting where constituents can speak without having their questions vetted first. Tell me when he's willing to put his answers on the record. Till then he's nothing but one of the candidates I'll enthusiastically work hard to unseat at the next election.
Addit

Saint Louis, MO

#2200 Jun 26, 2013
Can I please have the name of Rich Simpson's blog?
Info

Arnold, MO

#2201 Jun 27, 2013
Foxc6watchdogs blogspot
say what

Saint Louis, MO

#2202 Jun 27, 2013
Rich Simpson Jr. has the blog. Rich Simpson was a great superintendent. I wonder if any of his relatives got jobs at Fox while he was an admin?
Sam Ferry

Barnhart, MO

#2203 Jun 27, 2013
say what wrote:
Rich Simpson Jr. has the blog. Rich Simpson was a great superintendent. I wonder if any of his relatives got jobs at Fox while he was an admin?
Do you just want to sit and "wonder" or do you want to know? Rich Jr. was NEVER an employee of the Fox school district! Who else do you "wonder" about!
embarrassedtaxpa yer

Saint Louis, MO

#2204 Jun 27, 2013
The SUPER is at it again with her obnoxious behavior at the school board meeting the other night. The taxpayers need to take up a collection to send CRITCHLOW to ANGER MANAGEMENT CLASS. SHE was totally WRONG and DISRESPECTFULLY to SIMPSON JR. the other night. She had absolutely know right of calling SIMPSON a LIAR, because everything he said was very accurate info. The Board must FIRE her immediately, because SHE lacks total crediblity and trust from the public. This incident displays her bulling/dictatorship style of management once again. I was very disappointed in the board for not tell CRITCHLOW to SHUT UP, your making yourself look like a FOOL! But it looks to me that the BOARD is scared of the SUPER.
DO THE RIGHT THING ! "FIRE CRITCHLOW NOW"
luvhockey

Camdenton, MO

#2205 Jun 27, 2013
Cracked me up
8:30 to 18:00 talking about the mikes not being on at the board meeting so no one can hear them.
Pay Attention

Washington, MO

#2207 Jun 28, 2013
luvhockey wrote:
Cracked me up
8:30 to 18:00 talking about the mikes not being on at the board meeting so no one can hear them.
What is funny about that? The audience should be able to hear
what the board members are saying. Also those meetings should
be videotaped and available for public viewing on the Fox website.
So What can be done

Saint Louis, MO

#2208 Jun 28, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
Well I will say it...What The Hell!!!
As soon as I am done with this posting I am going to e-mail the board members and ask them if they have a clue as to this? Are you telling me that a couple of kitchen managers proposed an idea, it was accepted and then the original posting for an "assistant director" was scraped? How is that possible? Why don't people do that with every hiring? It is a crock!
On top of that it requires that the applicants must "currently" be kitchen managers? Does that mean this posting went out to kitchen managers only? How many would that be? Has food services been hijacked or what? Did either one of the two new supervisors apply for the position that Kelly Nash currently has?
I would be willing to bet that the two managers that proposed this will be the two that have already gotten the jobs. I also bet if there would of been an assistant that was liked and approved by the powers that be then these two jobs would not exist!
It will be interesting to see on Tuesday if this is a unanimous vote!
This is a true statement and guess who got the jobs......YOU GUESSED IT!
So What can be done

Saint Louis, MO

#2209 Jun 28, 2013
So What can be done wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a true statement and guess who got the jobs......YOU GUESSED IT!
17 SCHOOLS, 17 KITCHEN MANAGERS.....HOW MANY ACTUALLY APPLIED???
Interviews were held all on one day and a decision was made that same day, but no one could know who it was before June 25 meeting...???
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

#2210 Jun 28, 2013
Pay Attention wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay Attention wrote:
<quoted text>
Basically I agree with you, but BOE meetings are so tightly scripted it hardly matters. When was the last time something happened at a school board meeting that you couldn't have predicted weeks or months in advance? Concerned citizens talk for 3 minutes while the Board ignores them like the ugly girl at a cool kids' party. When time is up Dianne blasts them but refuses to allow a rebuttal. If the citizen has the temerity to talk back to her Barney Fife starts wandering over. Then some plant in the audience (and I mean that in every sense of the word) stands up on cue and says "I love you Board! Keep it up!" What exactly they're supposed to keep up is left a mystery but nonetheless the BOE graciously thanks them. Then they all look over at Dianne like a dog expecting a treat for doing a simple trick particularly well.

After the self-adulation part of the meeting is over the Board unanimously approves whatever it is that Dianne tells them to. Then everyone goes into closed session. Critical matters are hammered out in these sessions like whose turn it is to have a relative/lover/best friend hired this month. Once that gnarly question is resolved a motion is made and is unanimously agreed upon. If there was any real disagreement it's pushed under the rug so the kids (read, us) don't see the grown-ups fight. Then the members walk out and promptly disappear like smoke from a crack pipe. Later that night the qualified but unconnected people who applied for jobs actually thinking they might get one (hahahahahahahahaha!) receive calls saying that they were thisclose to being hired. Unfortunately there was another candidate too good to be true who totally by coincidence was named Critchlow or Nash or Palmer.

What part of the scenario I've just described could you not have predicted? The whole damn meeting could have been handled with sock puppets manipulated by Dianne. In fact I'm almost convinced that sometimes they are. No real human being, much less a public servant would display the absolutely shameless behavior they do.

Turning off their mics is a kindness to the folks in the audience. Otherwise we'd have to listen to those sanctimonious small-time despots. I've heard that song waaaay too many times.
say what

Saint Louis, MO

#2211 Jun 28, 2013
Red 5 wrote:
<quoted text>Pay Attention wrote, "<quoted text>
be videotaped and available for public viewing on the Fox website."

Basically I agree with you, but BOE meetings are so tightly scripted it hardly matters. When was the last time something happened at a school board meeting that you couldn't have predicted weeks or months in advance? Concerned citizens talk for 3 minutes while the Board ignores them like the ugly girl at a cool kids' party. When time is up Dianne blasts them but refuses to allow a rebuttal. If the citizen has the temerity to talk back to her Barney Fife starts wandering over. Then some plant in the audience (and I mean that in every sense of the word) stands up on cue and says "I love you Board! Keep it up!" What exactly they're supposed to keep up is left a mystery but nonetheless the BOE graciously thanks them. Then they all look over at Dianne like a dog expecting a treat for doing a simple trick particularly well.

After the self-adulation part of the meeting is over the Board unanimously approves whatever it is that Dianne tells them to. Then everyone goes into closed session. Critical matters are hammered out in these sessions like whose turn it is to have a relative/lover/best friend hired this month. Once that gnarly question is resolved a motion is made and is unanimously agreed upon. If there was any real disagreement it's pushed under the rug so the kids (read, us) don't see the grown-ups fight. Then the members walk out and promptly disappear like smoke from a crack pipe. Later that night the qualified but unconnected people who applied for jobs actually thinking they might get one (hahahahahahahahaha!) receive calls saying that they were thisclose to being hired. Unfortunately there was another candidate too good to be true who totally by coincidence was named Critchlow or Nash or Palmer.

What part of the scenario I've just described could you not have predicted? The whole damn meeting could have been handled with sock puppets manipulated by Dianne. In fact I'm almost convinced that sometimes they are. No real human being, much less a public servant would display the absolutely shameless behavior they do.

Turning off their mics is a kindness to the folks in the audience. Otherwise we'd have to listen to those sanctimonious small-time despots. I've heard that song waaaay too many times.
Peanuts

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carondelet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking (Aug '15) 15 hr Loser 4
Lemay Black Women And Welfare Tue Stan is a idiot 6
Topix Moderators Sad Policy Tue Mod 4
Topix Freedom of Speech Oct 15 Martin King 1
Topix Moderator Song...Very Awesome Oct 15 Loser 3
Topix Moderators Lose Again Oct 15 Loser 3
Coons are on the march Oct 14 Skeletor 7

Carondelet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance