Nepotism on Fox schoolboard
in sam i trust

Saint Louis, MO

#2169 Jun 17, 2013
Addit wrote:
What about the hiring of an admin staff son as head elem librarian over more qualified applicants. Sam, check that out for us. Heard his interview did not go as well as other applicants, but was given the job any way.
Without giving a name, I can't trust you. My leader is Sam and he names names. He isn't afraid of anyone. That is why he is our leader!!! You are just a poser until you fall in line.
Cleaning House

Arnold, MO

#2170 Jun 17, 2013
The Fox C-6 Watchdogs blog has been updated. It addresses the "grandfather" clause that has been proposed as part of the nepotism policy that is due to be discussed at the up coming school board meetings....at least, supposed to be discussed...I will believe a nepotism policy when one is actually in place! Our old board has a nasty habit of dragging these policy reviews out until they are eventually forgotten and swept under a rug...Watchdog also discusses the incredible pay increases that Gee Palmer and Diane Critchlow has received since 2006; Nash's DIL big salary, and let's not forget the reject super from DeSoto who is now on our payroll.
Need to read, as usual interesting and very excellent information.
Sam Ferry

Maryland Heights, MO

#2171 Jun 18, 2013
I now hear that the assistant food service director's last day is this thursday. I have tried to put myself in her shoes repeatedly.....can't imagine how she feels.

She seems tough enough and bright enough to have a happy ending to this mess she was forced to deal with. But still it makes you want to help her,want to tell her she will be missed, and that she was valuable beyond the administration,s understanding.

Because I am not very original, and I just can't think of a better idea, my family is sending her flowers on thursday. Not to celebrate the fact that she is retiring but just to let her know she is loved. Seems kinda corny but it is all I know to do.

I am asking anyone and everyone to get the word out and send her a note, a card, some flowers, whatever can be done to let her know that she was appreciated.

No she does not know I am doing this, and no I have not spoken to her or anyone that knows her. I just think if everyone knew it was her last day they would feel the same way I do.
thats right

United States

#2172 Jun 18, 2013
dis wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know who all of them were, but Tammy Cardona and Don Grimshaw were 2 of the 6.
Liz Anderson 3
embarrassedtaxpa yer

Saint Louis, MO

#2173 Jun 18, 2013
hunnybunny99 wrote:
On the Jaco Report on Fox2 this morning Elliott Davis got into the Fox School District mess. He ripped into the superintendent pretty darn good
How much more embarrassement can the SUPER handle as a person,as well as the FOX SCHOOL DISTRICT. SHE should RESIGN immediately to start doing what's right for the district. Oh I forgot she is making $248,000.00 per/yr that the board approved over the years. Very over paid for this position, the taxpayers are footing this salary. That's why the board should STOP rolling over her contract,enough is enough of this administration.
Addit

Saint Louis, MO

#2174 Jun 18, 2013
in sam i trust wrote:
<quoted text>
Without giving a name, I can't trust you. My leader is Sam and he names names. He isn't afraid of anyone. That is why he is our leader!!! You are just a poser until you fall in line.
Gee, I wonder why I asked Sam to check into it. Maybe it's because I want to remain nameless in order to keep my job, and I trust him. Sounds like we both trust Sam. Have you even been following along? You are weird and creepy about Sam.
in sam i trust

United States

#2175 Jun 18, 2013
Addit wrote:
<quoted text>Gee, I wonder why I asked Sam to check into it. Maybe it's because I want to remain nameless in order to keep my job, and I trust him. Sounds like we both trust Sam. Have you even been following along? You are weird and creepy about Sam.
How am I weird? Because I follow his teachings blindly? You are weird for calling me weird.
ISIT Cult

San Jose, CA

#2176 Jun 18, 2013
All hail the geriatric cockatiel!
Sam Ferry

Maryland Heights, MO

#2177 Jun 19, 2013
Addit wrote:
What about the hiring of an admin staff son as head elem librarian over more qualified applicants. Sam, check that out for us. Heard his interview did not go as well as other applicants, but was given the job any way.

I believe I know the answer to this but not 100% yet. Someone is checking on this for me. Hold on.
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

#2178 Jun 19, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
I now hear that the assistant food service director's last day is this thursday. I have tried to put myself in her shoes repeatedly.....can't imagine how she feels.
A fitting tribute to the old assistant would be if this Friday, the day after she leaves, the chain of emails between Tim, Todd, Dianne, Linda, and the BOE discussing Kelly's hiring and their efforts since then to come up with a coherent defense suddenly appeared on this message board. Elliott Davis' email inbox would be another good destination.

Ultimately it won't do the assistant FS director any good. She's done.Even after all the uproar and the incredibly bad publicity they've drawn down on our school, TTDL & the BOE are still more concerned with saving face (and their own jobs) than with rectifying their mistake. Is there is anyone in the administration building that feels ashamed of what their colleagues have done? Now is the time to let everyone peek behind the curtain and see what really happened.

If the other administrators are fearful of loosing to their jobs can a person from IT step up and do it? BE bold! Good luck.
Voice_of_a_Teach er

Saint Louis, MO

#2179 Jun 20, 2013
To our former Assistant Food Service Director: I know I speak for many of my colleagues when I say I am truly ashamed of all the Fox C-6 administrators who were either complicit with or did nothing to prevent an incompetent from being named as the new director. I am even more ashamed that those same people chose a program so vital to our educational mission as the dumping ground for such an ugly patronage appointment.

The current culture at Fox C-6 is dysfunctional in the extreme. We have lost another excellent person and replaced them with ... nothing. Good luck to you. When you look back on your time at Fox I hope you'll remember only the vast majority of people who worked hard day in and day out to make it a better place. Come back and see us in a year or two. By then we'll have have finished cleaning our house and will be able to honestly call ourselves a school of character.
Hay

Saint Louis, MO

#2180 Jun 20, 2013
Voice_of_a_Teacher wrote:
To our former Assistant Food Service Director: I know I speak for many of my colleagues when I say I am truly ashamed of all the Fox C-6 administrators who were either complicit with or did nothing to prevent an incompetent from being named as the new director. I am even more ashamed that those same people chose a program so vital to our educational mission as the dumping ground for such an ugly patronage appointment.

The current culture at Fox C-6 is dysfunctional in the extreme. We have lost another excellent person and replaced them with ... nothing. Good luck to you. When you look back on your time at Fox I hope you'll remember only the vast majority of people who worked hard day in and day out to make it a better place. Come back and see us in a year or two. By then we'll have have finished cleaning our house and will be able to honestly call ourselves a school of character.
Teach, you've got bigger problems than this lady retiring. Your organization's hand picked board members aren't falling in line.
Walt

United States

#2183 Jun 20, 2013
Hay wrote:
<quoted text>
Teach, you've got bigger problems than this lady retiring. Your organization's hand picked board members aren't falling in line.
That is because they all get trained by the same organization in Missouri. These are not stupid people getting elected. But once elected, they go through an "indoctrination" and are ALL trained in the same way. The main thing Missouri's MSBA drills into the heads of new board members is to "TRUST" your administrators to run the district. After talking with a few school board members, this is what they all have told me regarding their training.
Sam Ferry

Maryland Heights, MO

#2184 Jun 20, 2013
Well I will say it...What The Hell!!!

As soon as I am done with this posting I am going to e-mail the board members and ask them if they have a clue as to this? Are you telling me that a couple of kitchen managers proposed an idea, it was accepted and then the original posting for an "assistant director" was scraped? How is that possible? Why don't people do that with every hiring? It is a crock!

On top of that it requires that the applicants must "currently" be kitchen managers? Does that mean this posting went out to kitchen managers only? How many would that be? Has food services been hijacked or what? Did either one of the two new supervisors apply for the position that Kelly Nash currently has?

I would be willing to bet that the two managers that proposed this will be the two that have already gotten the jobs. I also bet if there would of been an assistant that was liked and approved by the powers that be then these two jobs would not exist!

It will be interesting to see on Tuesday if this is a unanimous vote!
Addit

Saint Louis, MO

#2185 Jun 21, 2013
If these are the duties of the Food service Director(s), what exactly does the Director of Food Service do? Not much, I would say.
POSITION TITLE: Food Service Supervisor (2 positions)
CONTRACT/SALARY: Classified Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Director of Food Service/Assistant Superintendent of School Services
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide each school child with food of high nutritious quality for at least one meal each school day, in an atmosphere of cleanliness, cheerfulness and personal caring.
Basic Qualifications:
High School Diploma required/Post-secondary education/degree preferred
Three years’ experience in school food service or other related food service experience
Currently must serve as a Food Service Kitchen Manager
Excellent communication skills
Ability to supervise and lead 100+ food service employees
Essential Job Functions include the following, other duties may be assigned.
· Directly responsible to manage and direct the production and service of a quality, nutritious lunch to the students in a specific school or schools
· Maintains membership and certifications in the local, state, and national professional organizations (JCSNA, MSNA, SNA) in order to keep abreast of new methods, techniques, rules, and regulations to promote professional enthusiasm to other staff members
· Keep accurate records of data as deemed necessary by DESE and the district
· Determine and requisition supplies needed for preparation and service of menu items
· Receive, inspect, and sign for all food supplies and equipment upon delivery
· Maintain a clean, sanitary, and organized kitchen and work area
· Works closely with the Food Service director to provide leadership and coordinate all activities in SFNS Department
· Supervises and evaluates assigned staff under the direction of the assistant superintendent
· Assumes responsibility for the results of duties delegated to staff.
· Provides staff leadership. Engenders staff enthusiasm and teamwork. Promotes a safe, efficient, and effective work/learning environment. Advances the change process. Implements strategies and time-frames to accomplish organizational objectives. Helps resolve problems.
· Authorize the purchasing of all food, non-food and kitchen equipment
· Interview potential employees and evaluate current staff
· Assists in the development of policies and procedures for the SFNS Department
· Solves departmental problems, including computer problems, personnel issues, parent/student complaint issues/equipment failures
· Plans and develops goals for the department
· Analyzes data and monthly reports containing information about food prices, bids, the budget and the nutritional value of menus
· Markets the SFNS department to the District
· Works with the Food Service Director to develops menus in accordance with federal regulations
· Leads in-service training for SFNS staff
· Develops partnerships with vendors, distributors, and the JCHD that will benefit the students and the District
· Participates in necessary District Committees
· Works closely with DESE School Food Service to adhere to Federal Regulations of the NSLP.
· Makes Presentation about Program or Nutrition Education Activities as requested.
PROJECTED TIMELINE: Posting Date May 28, 2013
Anticipated Application Deadline June 4, 2013
Anticipated Hire Date June 25, 2013
Contract to Begin August 1, 2013
Addit

Saint Louis, MO

#2186 Jun 21, 2013
I meant " duties of Food Service Supervisor(s)".
thats right

Fenton, MO

#2187 Jun 21, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
Well I will say it...What The Hell!!!

As soon as I am done with this posting I am going to e-mail the board members and ask them if they have a clue as to this? Are you telling me that a couple of kitchen managers proposed an idea, it was accepted and then the original posting for an "assistant director" was scraped? How is that possible? Why don't people do that with every hiring? It is a crock!

On top of that it requires that the applicants must "currently" be kitchen managers? Does that mean this posting went out to kitchen managers only? How many would that be? Has food services been hijacked or what? Did either one of the two new supervisors apply for the position that Kelly Nash currently has?

I would be willing to bet that the two managers that proposed this will be the two that have already gotten the jobs. I also bet if there would of been an assistant that was liked and approved by the powers that be then these two jobs would not exist!

It will be interesting to see on Tuesday if this is a unanimous vote!
What are the building inside the service center? Do you know
First_time_calle r

Saint Louis, MO

#2188 Jun 21, 2013
Red 5 wrote:
It seems from the sudden influx of pro-administration comments that something is about to happen with the ass't director's job.
Will they even bother doing sham interviews? What happens if a couple of the current managers are Kelly's favorites? Does she screw the other managers the same way Dianne and Todd screwed the old assistant?
Above is an old post of Red's. I went and dug it up because the BOE is meeting next week to kiss Dianne and Todd's a$$, excuse me, carefully vet all the candidates who applied for the assistant's job. It will be interesting to see if the BOE members - especially the two new ones - bring their testicles to the meeting or if they remain in the tiny jar on the corner of Dianne's desk where they've resided for years.

I hope I'm wrong but here's my prediction of what will happen at the meeting. First, the board sits on their hands and lets Kelly get away with naming her two favorites instead of actually trying to determine the two most competent. Second, after a unanimous vote in favor of hiring the two toadies the BOE members will scatter like roaches. Three, if cornered Dianne will shimmy and shake and say they were "by far" the best candidates. And fourth, Todd will have another sudden memory lapse and forget the qualifications of the other 5 or 6 managers who applied.
WTH

Festus, MO

#2189 Jun 21, 2013
thats right wrote:
<quoted text>
What are the building inside the service center? Do you know
Check Fox6 website and look at the community link, then the board link. On the right hand side look for the board mtg packets and go to the one for May. The details are listed there.
Ssdd

Imperial, MO

#2190 Jun 21, 2013
Walt wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because they all get trained by the same organization in Missouri. These are not stupid people getting elected. But once elected, they go through an "indoctrination" and are ALL trained in the same way. The main thing Missouri's MSBA drills into the heads of new board members is to "TRUST" your administrators to run the district. After talking with a few school board members, this is what they all have told me regarding their training.
That's a joke. Trust this administration? Like leaving the fox in charge of the hen house. These new board members could not have been hypnotized by their training. That " indoctrination" is bullshit. There is a right and a wrong. Next April will tell the tale I guess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carondelet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mehlville Sat la_verdad_esta_en_mi 1
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) Jun 25 Sheepdog 1,468
Water Tower Dental Group Jun 25 No More Wisdom 7
25 people Arrested on Federal Meth Charges (Sep '13) Jun 22 Independent 57
News Which Fireworks Stand Has the Best Deals/Prices? (Jun '09) Jun 21 jylnmn USMC 22
Shangri-La Estates : Welcome to Jefferson Count... Jun 18 VeeBee 4
3 women vandalize stores Jun 18 Back Again 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carondelet Mortgages