Arrest warrant for grandma over 12-ye...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mad Marie

Lake City, AR

#22 Jul 26, 2013
I just got a letter of collections and regarding a warrent fo a ticket I paid TEN YEARS ago in Louisiana....from a place in Carollton,Texas. WTH? I have moved six or seven times since originally aying it. I used a postal money order and certainly do not have the receipt anymore. But I know I paid it within a week of me getting it because I got married a few week before I receved the ticket in Pineville, Louisiana. My husband, who is from NE Lousyana told me to make sure I get it paid beause the cops there are all sleezy.(he'd know...his arsehole uncleis a Cop and is as dirty as they can get.)
Letusnamenames

Kansas City, MO

#23 Jul 26, 2013
What's 6 inches long, 2 inches wide and drives women wild?

----------

A 100 DOLLAR BILL thing happened to me
K from PA

Philadelphia, PA

#24 Aug 30, 2013
I rec'd a letter stating I owe personal income tax from a few yrs ago in PA. Well that's funny because I lived in NJ and didn't work. I thought the letter was a scam and called and cursed them out. A few weeks later, I rec'd a letter from court saying there is a lien against me now. I was never notified to go to court and never rec'd paper work on these so called taxes I owed that are over 600.00 I called the PA Dept of revenue no one could tell me anything. They gave me another number to call. No one knew anything and told me to call the lawfirm that sent me the letter. I called and explained about the lien. They said its out of their hands now and cant help me. BTW they have no record or proof either. So Now Im hiring an attorney this week to deal with it.
linebarger zionism

Bradenton, FL

#25 Feb 24, 2015
Rabid Dog wrote:
How in the world can there be NO statute of limitations on a traffic ticket? I could have robbed a bank in the city of St. Louis in 1996 buried the money and would be free and clear today. I got a call from my mother the other day who received one of the letters for me. I told her not to worry about it that it had to be some sort of scam. I did get a ticket in 1996 and PAID IT! I could not even tell you how I paid it today. Any receipt I would have is LONG GONE! Could someone tell me how they can get away with this?
..........the kosher nostra BAR and the yidfella lawyers are pimping judges and destroying the BILL OF RIGHTS ..........just like the apartheid izreeli regime
Proud Infidel

Saint Louis, MO

#26 Feb 24, 2015
linebarger zionism wrote:
<quoted text>..........the kosher nostra BAR and the yidfella lawyers are pimping judges and destroying the BILL OF RIGHTS ..........just like the apartheid izreeli regime
Don't you have a clitorectomy or a beheading to go to, Achmed?
bloyd
#27 Apr 20, 2016
Rabid Dog wrote:
KSDK -- The City of St. Louis is demanding a grandmother pay her 12-year-old traffic ticket.

To make sure she gets the message, the city issued a warrant for Patricia Wilhelm's arrest. What did grandma do to get the attention of those who pursue justice?

Wilhelm is accused of improperly passing another vehicle on the right. She allegedly committed this offense in 1997 and the city wants her to pay up.

Wilhelm says if the city can show her the ticket, she'll gladly pay it. But so far, city officials have not produced it.

"I should have to pay it? They should have to produce a ticket with my signature on it," Patricia Wilheim said. "I have a right to proof that I have this ticket."

A few weeks ago, Wilhelm received a letter from a Texas law firm Linebarger, Goggan, Blair and Sampson, LLP, a firm specializing in delinquent government collections.

The letter claimed that on August 7, 1997, Wilhelm improperly passed another vehicle. With penalties and interest, she now owes $155. The notification states in bold, capitalized letters that a warrant has been issued by the court for her arrest. Any officer may serve this warrant and arrest her at anytime.

"I don't care if it's a dollar or $500, I won't pay anything I don't owe. If I owe it, I'll pay it. I always have," she said.

Last May the city hired Linebarger. The city hopes to chip away at the $18 million worth of uncollected bill it's owed. The law firm gets 25 percent of what is collected.

A managing partner with the firm said Wilhelm not only received a ticket, but appeared in court, had been found guilty and was fined.

"I have never been in St. Louis city court," said Wilhelm, "that I would remember."

There is no statute of limitations on the tickets. Attorneys are going back as far as possible to collect. NewsChannel 5 has been told they city is even pursuing about 200 cases from the 1980s.

Some defense attorneys specializing in traffic issues said if the signed tickets cannot be produced, people like Patricia Wilhelm should go to a judge and ask that the case be dismissed.

The I-Team requested all signed documents associated with this case. A representative with the firm promised to provide any available paperwork on Tuesday.
Do you know that the Texas law firm you mentioned is a scam? Look them up. There are a lot of web sites about them being a scam. The reason I know is that my daughter got a scam letter from them. They look at the public records at fines or tickets that people owe. They make it look real by telling you to write your check to the county courthouse, but where the scam is that they tell you to send in the part with the dotted line along with your check and under that it says: by signing your check you give us the right to electronically take the amount due from your account. The money goes to the scammer instead of your check being sent to the county.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carondelet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jefferson County Allows Child Abuse! (Nov '12) 14 hr janeDoe 11
kayla volz broke my heart 17 hr Kaylas Mistress 1
White Supremacy Fri Stanley Dupont 5
Any Lemay women interested in becoming pregnant? Fri The Babymaker 1
Brock is being called out Fri The Real Joyce Meyer 1
the pisa group (Apr '12) Fri Sherminator 5
Stop deleting my stuff Aug 16 Sherminator 2

Carondelet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance