First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Arnold, MO

#1 Apr 26, 2013
Seems the city council approved a settlement in the Ott case at last Thursday's closed council meeting. They have yet to release the vote or the amount settled on. Granted it will be a GINORMOUS amount. Knowing it was a sexual harassment case and knowing who was involved, there should be some officials stepping down from their positions. Just saying.....
Lettucenamenames

Arnold, MO

#2 Apr 26, 2013
"Show the proof!!!" in 3, 2, 1...
Letusnamenames

United States

#3 Apr 26, 2013
No proof needed. It was a closed meeting. All I would like to know is the amount of the settlement. If there was a settlement it means no party is innocent or guilty, just that it was cheaper for someone to pay the person instead of incurring legal costs.

And officials won't step down. Especially considering the voting public wants them there. Who is the mayor pro tem now that would take over should the mayor step down? Most likely not a Doris camp person so the appointees would be for the current administration supporters.
remember when

United States

#4 Apr 26, 2013
New Topic wrote:
Seems the city council approved a settlement in the Ott case at last Thursday's closed council meeting. They have yet to release the vote or the amount settled on. Granted it will be a GINORMOUS amount. Knowing it was a sexual harassment case and knowing who was involved, there should be some officials stepping down from their positions. Just saying.....
Thanks for the info! I took the time to read the lawsuit that was posted. I find it very disturbing that the officer was offering to kill her husband and she wasn't getting any help from the chief. The mayor gives the chief a big raise and puts him in unreins position.
Does the officer still work for arnold?

Is it just me or does anyone else see the attorney's pattern of stringing cases out for years (rack up the bills)
then settle ?
Common Sense

Arnold, MO

#5 Apr 26, 2013
A large settlement was made when Kurt Hartzell hung himself($950,000) and a lot of heads rolled. Why would or should this be any different? There were people directly responsible not only for the harassment, but for failing to put a stop to it and trying to cover the whole ordeal up! This will be addressed publicly.
Concerned Citizen

Germany

#6 Apr 26, 2013
Letusnamenames wrote:
No proof needed. It was a closed meeting. All I would like to know is the amount of the settlement. If there was a settlement it means no party is innocent or guilty, just that it was cheaper for someone to pay the person instead of incurring legal costs.
And officials won't step down. Especially considering the voting public wants them there. Who is the mayor pro tem now that would take over should the mayor step down? Most likely not a Doris camp person so the appointees would be for the current administration supporters.
Pay someone off because it's cheaper? No, you pay someone off because you'll lose in the end. According to the administration, anyway. That was their reason for paying off Suzie Boone. According to the attorney, if it went to court, they'd find she has cause. Seems to me the same should apply here, no? Unless you're only playing the typical Arnold politics game. If you're on the side of the administration and a crony, you can get away with anything and the city attorney will twist a way that it's ok. Like Crisler or Moritz not paying PPT on time. Or like Crisler once again being behind on his taxes so the mayor had to hold up his appointment until he got caught up! It's too bad there are some in Arnold that would like to see the corruption gone, payouts to cease, and generally clean up the city and its image, but get no help. But the majority are simply clueless and allow this filth to continue.
Letusnamenames

United States

#7 Apr 26, 2013
That wasn't the reason and you know it. The reason was it would cost the city more in legal fees if they fought it so to save taxpayer money they settled.
Really

Arnold, MO

#8 Apr 26, 2013
You don't know, how can you say someone else does?Don't think so...the insurance company was footing the bill on this one and they chose to cut bait and run, otherwise it could have dragged out for many more years and cost many more dollars.
Letusnamenames

United States

#9 Apr 26, 2013
Exactly.
remember when

United States

#10 Apr 26, 2013
Did anyone else actually read the lawsuit? WOW
That's gonna be a big payout?
Why does shockey still have his job?
Oscar

United States

#11 Apr 26, 2013
New Topic wrote:
You were in the closed session?
Letusnamenames

United States

#12 Apr 27, 2013
Either that or someone who was blabbed when they shouldn't have.
No Way

Arnold, MO

#13 Apr 27, 2013
That is what Doris does. She gave confidential information directly to Ott and Rosenfeld. Doris is no longer inside so you have to look at the two who remain who are in her pocket.
Letusnamenames

United States

#14 Apr 27, 2013
If a council person, ANY council person gives information out from a closed session, what are the consequences for that person? How do we hold them accountable for giving out confidential information?
Interesting

Arnold, MO

#15 Apr 27, 2013
Concerned about the truth getting out? That's all I see here, fear of the truth being known to all. Sad when our local government has to be scared that their buried deeds are being uncovered and the skeletons are jumping out of the closet one by one, standing up and walking around exposing their bare bones to all. Are you looking to punish the truth tellers? How sad. How much more is coming down the pike?
Letusnamenames

United States

#17 Apr 27, 2013
The truth tellers need to learn about confidentiality. If they tell someone something that was in closed session and confidential then it could cost the city more in settlements/litigation.
Interesting

Arnold, MO

#18 Apr 27, 2013
Nothing will cost the city more than the lies and cover-ups that have been happening for years, except maybe for that same group's consistent failure to follow the law. Don't complain about any of that, concentrate on those exposing the truth. Care not how much all of those years of deceit have cost individuals and taxpayers while enriching their crony friends, business partners and selves.
Ethics 101

United States

#19 Apr 27, 2013
Interesting wrote:
Concerned about the truth getting out? That's all I see here, fear of the truth being known to all. Sad when our local government has to be scared that their buried deeds are being uncovered and the skeletons are jumping out of the closet one by one, standing up and walking around exposing their bare bones to all. Are you looking to punish the truth tellers? How sad. How much more is coming down the pike?
Revealing Closed Session materials is a serious breach of ethics.
Interesting

Arnold, MO

#20 Apr 27, 2013
Are you making an accusation? If so, you had better have some pretty rock solid proof! Bring everything out into the open, cowards. Expose your own lies.
Letusnamenames

United States

#21 Apr 27, 2013
A prime example of what is good for the goose is not good for the gander. You all make accusations without EVER providing links to proof on here. Yet someone makes an accusation and you threaten calling for proof. Hypocrite.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carondelet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion 2 hr ArnoldCC 659
Election in Ward 3 (Mar '12) 3 hr ArnoldCC 51
Plea to Arnold Sewer Customers 21 hr Oh Boy 167
Arnold Historical Society and Culvers Thu ArnoldCC 8
Flo supports Wes? Wed Gen-Y Voter 8
Accident Wed Sad 4
Education EXPERT. Speaking in STL Oct 21 Stephanie 1
Carondelet Dating
Find my Match

Carondelet Jobs