First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Spectator

Saint Louis, MO

#24 Feb 10, 2014
Im sure you will let them know....
Les

Ballwin, MO

#25 Feb 10, 2014
Doris Borgelt wrote:
Will the City let any who show up to pay the RLC tickets they receive know they have no need to pay them?
If you have any info -

Can they legally issue citations for a violation that the police cannot (by City Council order) enforce?

It seems to me that if they no intention to enforce any penalty of law, just issue a ticket and hope you pay, it undermines the integrity of our judicial system and the authority of the police.
Doris Borgelt

Laguna Niguel, CA

#26 Feb 11, 2014
Les wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have any info -
Can they legally issue citations for a violation that the police cannot (by City Council order) enforce?
It seems to me that if they no intention to enforce any penalty of law, just issue a ticket and hope you pay, it undermines the integrity of our judicial system and the authority of the police.
Well, the first thing that comes to mind is mail fraud! I am going to ask for the 1/27 docket and the next docket for the RLC court. They have known since the Eastern Division published their decision that their ordinance conflicts with State Law yet they continued to issue tickets and allow those who pled guilty to pay them, while waiting until all who were willing to pay(when they didn't have to) were out of the room and then dismissing those who chose to plead not guilty. Sounds underhanded to me. In other words, we'll take your money, if you want to "donate" it to us! You would think anyone with any integrity would tell them, hey, this ordinance is in dispute, but they didn't! Of course, anyone with any integrity would have ceased sending the tickets out as soon as that decision came down.
Suzy Q

Saint Louis, MO

#27 Feb 11, 2014
Doris Borgelt wrote:
Will the City let any who show up to pay the RLC tickets they receive know they have no need to pay them?
Sure they will....... You know they'll take the money & run. They have already stated that they will not issue refunds to the ones that have already paid. I always knew this was just a money grab. If it is all about safety the police must be more visible, especially in heavy traffic areas.
Not a contracts expert

Saint Louis, MO

#28 Feb 11, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
So since you obviously have a law degree, do you really think that ATS is just going to not file a breach of contract law suit against the City if they stop issuing tickets? As a lawyer you should know that just because if what you say is true that ATS is in breach because of the ruling that they would not sue the city of breach of contract just because they can, because of the lose of income they will lose! So now you want the council to risk another lawsuit just so you can capitalize on that one as well?
Isn't it true you can't enforce a contract that requires one person to perform an illegal act? That would pretty much shoot down any suit for not issuing red light tickets.

Since: Feb 13

Jefferson County

#30 Feb 12, 2014
The Post-Dispatch ed board is not impressed with "Crisler's idea." http://www.stltoday.com/news/opinion/editoria...
Matt Hay

Fenton, MO

#31 Feb 13, 2014
Looks like "Nancy Crisler's Great idea" seems to only be great if one believes that self-immolation is a great idea too. Seems that in a matter of 2 days, both the Leader http://www.myleaderpaper.com/eedition/jeffers... and the Ed Board at the St. Louis Post Dispatch http://www.stltoday.com/news/opinion/editoria... published some pretty brutal take downs of this transparent ploy.

The Post Dispatch cuts to the heart of the matter with this zinger: "In a decision remarkable for how little sense it makes, the city fathers of Arnold have made paying red-light camera tickets optional." but then not to be outdone by the opening paragraph closes with this:

"The only proven beneficiaries are city treasuries, a company in Arizona and the political operatives they hire to lobby government officials. Thanks to Arnold, the situation has now become officially ridiculous."

Ouch.........no worries though, Bob Sweeney will kiss it and make it all better.
Matt Hay

United States

#32 Feb 21, 2014
Why the 180 on "Nancy Crisler's Great Idea"? Was it not so great after all?

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-and-p...
You Are Not A Vet

United States

#33 Feb 21, 2014
Too bad you can't just accept the fact that the contract was suspended. You and Doris always have to have something to bitch about. Can't you just be happy the cameras are turned off?
Pseudonym

Columbus, OH

#34 Feb 21, 2014
Claims Register Summary

Case Name: Michael W. Evans
Case Number: 13-40307
Chapter: 13
Date Filed: 01/15/2013
Total Number Of Claims: 29

Total Amount Claimed*$569557.65
Total Amount Allowed*
*Includes general unsecured claims
Yikes

United States

#35 Feb 21, 2014
Pseudonym wrote:
Claims Register Summary
Case Name: Michael W. Evans
Case Number: 13-40307
Chapter: 13
Date Filed: 01/15/2013
Total Number Of Claims: 29
Total Amount Claimed*$569557.65
Total Amount Allowed*
*Includes general unsecured claims
How does one rack up that level of debt with nothing to show for it? I think that is more debt than some Banana Republics have!
Matt Hay

Fenton, MO

#36 Feb 21, 2014
You Are Not A Vet wrote:
Too bad you can't just accept the fact that the contract was suspended. You and Doris always have to have something to bitch about. Can't you just be happy the cameras are turned off?
I am happy, it was the right call, however, my point was that this thread was started to herald "Nancy Crisler's Great Idea" however, now that the city has now taken the correct course of action 2 weeks later, I think really calls into question the validity of any assertion that claimed this was a "great" idea. If it was so great, why backtrack 2 weeks later after all of the threats of class action and 1983 action? Is that not a legitimate question to ask? Either it was a "good" idea or it wasn't, however, after having been blasted by both the Post-Dispatch Ed Board and The Leader Ed Board, it would seem that the Council no longer thinks it to be a "great" idea. I think asking what spurred this realization and 180 about face is instructive to the over all discussion on the subject. Would you not agree?
Hoseltron 5000

Saint Louis, MO

#37 Feb 21, 2014
OK so maybe "idea" was a misnomer. But i believe Nancy Cristlers Great "Initiative" is a more appropriate title. If you want to go somewhere you must take steps in that direction. One step, in the form of a motion was all it took. She was the one to make the command decision and take initiative. This is something I as a citizen want to see more of. More initiative and problem solving. Who doesn't want that?
Hoseltron 5000

Saint Louis, MO

#38 Feb 21, 2014
Who cares what the ed board says, they are not community leaders, it is thier job to steer the leanings of a paper. Not exactly unbiased nor scholarly. What ever gets folks to read the paper and look at the ads they sell is what they put in . they are for profit like any other business. Ultimately one is left to do their own homework. I sure dont let ed boards tell me what to think, I'd be a messed up cookie if i did.
guest

United States

#39 Feb 27, 2014
Nine
Suzy Q

Saint Louis, MO

#40 Feb 27, 2014
guest wrote:
Nine
Buzz Off - Nit Wit.
guest

Arnold, MO

#41 Mar 7, 2014
three
guest

Arnold, MO

#42 Mar 7, 2014
will

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carondelet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Latest on Ferguson: Civil rights leaders condem... 6 min Old Timer 1,768
Where's Doris? 1 hr JFC 31
The world just became a better place 19 hr What goes around 1
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) 21 hr WDCJ 1,221
Londell Drive behind School Mon CuriousInArnold 1
Sherry Poppen for BOE Mon WDCJ 56
Elementary Principal Sun what's up with that 7
Carondelet Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Carondelet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]