Businessman Demanding $75,000 From Arnold Over Alleged Harassment

Feb 26, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Patch.com

An Arnold businessman who claims a councilmember has harassed him and damaged his business is threatening to sue Arnold unless the city pays him a $75,000 settlement.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of94
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Dorisinthenews

Festus, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 26, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Not shocking to see Doris in the news, again, costing the city of Arnold money. For all the talking she does about fixing problems, all she seems to do is cost.
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 26, 2013
 

Judged:

6

4

4

Funny, if people were required to do the right thing from the beginning, there would be no problems. The problems arise when some people are allowed to skirt the rules because they have "friends" at City Hall. What is good for the goose should be good for the gander. This business, according their license is supposed to be buying and selling coins and jewelry. I see no mention of electronics, tools or compressors.....
Letusnamenames

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 26, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

So do the grocery store licenses mention sales of books or lawn equipment (Schnucks sells yard chairs in season). They both sell DVDs, are those on their licenses? What about the other pawn shops in town, what do their licenses say?

So they were targeted because they had a friend in city hall? That's discrimination. Why not check businesses at random? That more fair.
Politics 101

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 26, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Doris Borgelt wrote:
Funny, if people were required to do the right thing from the beginning, there would be no problems. The problems arise when some people are allowed to skirt the rules because they have "friends" at City Hall. What is good for the goose should be good for the gander. This business, according their license is supposed to be buying and selling coins and jewelry. I see no mention of electronics, tools or compressors.....
Who are the 'friends' at City Hall'?
It sounds like more baseless accusations.
More harassment.
More stalking.
More Doris.
pwned

Fenton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 26, 2013
 
Doris Borgelt wrote:
Funny, if people were required to do the right thing from the beginning, there would be no problems. The problems arise when some people are allowed to skirt the rules because they have "friends" at City Hall. What is good for the goose should be good for the gander. This business, according their license is supposed to be buying and selling coins and jewelry. I see no mention of electronics, tools or compressors.....
Sounds like a Pawn Store to me. Why should Pawn Stores who admit to be pawn stores be forced to follow one set of rules (pictures, holding periods, etc), yet if you say you are buying and selling precious metals for the purposes of your license, and then engaged in buying and selling the same goods as a pawn store, would that not make them a pawn store, and subject to those requirements? If not, if I break into a home and steal some tools and jewelry, I know where I am going to unload them!
pwned

Fenton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 26, 2013
 
pwned wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a Pawn Store to me. Why should Pawn Stores who admit to be pawn stores be forced to follow one set of rules (pictures, holding periods, etc), yet if you say you are buying and selling precious metals for the purposes of your license, and then engaged in buying and selling the same goods as a pawn store, would that not make them a pawn store, and subject to those requirements? If not, if I break into a home and steal some tools and jewelry, I know where I am going to unload them!
Perhaps they have a different term for it in the Midwest, but where I used to live on the West Coast, we called a pawn store that wasn't really a pawn store, a fence.
Doris Borgelt

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 26, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Letusnamenames wrote:
So do the grocery store licenses mention sales of books or lawn equipment (Schnucks sells yard chairs in season). They both sell DVDs, are those on their licenses? What about the other pawn shops in town, what do their licenses say?
So they were targeted because they had a friend in city hall? That's discrimination. Why not check businesses at random? That more fair.
You have made my point for me! There are two pawn shops in town. According to our ordinances that is one more than allowed, but since they were both there they are allowed to stay. A special ordinance was created to accommodate the gold buying businesses. No one has answered whether this particular gold buyer is being held to the same rules as the pawn shops when it comes to documenting merchandise like tools and electronics and their sellers according to state laws other than jewelry and precious metals, and keeping that documentation of same on file as the pawn shops are required to do.
If a business says they are selling crystal and glass items and are issued a business license on that basis and those glass items turn out to be pipes and other drug paraphernalia normally found in head shops, that business will be shut down.
Letusnamenames

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 26, 2013
 

Judged:

4

2

2

Why are you targeting this business? There are other businesses in town that are doing the same thing. There is another gold buying store in town. Why not check them, too? You have targeted one admittedly saying it was because they had friends in city hall and now it is costing us $75,000.
Get it straight

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 26, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Doris Borgelt wrote:
<quoted text>
You have made my point for me! There are two pawn shops in town. According to our ordinances that is one more than allowed, but since they were both there they are allowed to stay. A special ordinance was created to accommodate the gold buying businesses. No one has answered whether this particular gold buyer is being held to the same rules as the pawn shops when it comes to documenting merchandise like tools and electronics and their sellers according to state laws other than jewelry and precious metals, and keeping that documentation of same on file as the pawn shops are required to do.
If a business says they are selling crystal and glass items and are issued a business license on that basis and those glass items turn out to be pipes and other drug paraphernalia normally found in head shops, that business will be shut down.
So all along this has been your underlying motive. Damn you stepped in your own pile of doo doo. We have more than one pawn shop and "I am goig to do something about it!!". And all this time I actually lent some credence to your statement that you were acting in the best interest of the Arnold Cleaner owner. You are a liar and you snagged your own foot in the trap you set.
Provide the facts

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 26, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

So Doris
You say he has friends at city hall. why don't you name them?
OHH that's right because you always do it that way. Make a statement and then not provide the facts to back it up.

We will all wait for your answer if you have one.
Letusnamenames

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

It's been two days. Guess you're not getting that answer.
Oh My

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 28, 2013
 
No, guess YOU'RE not getting that answer! LOL
Letusnamenames

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

So much for transparency from OUR elected official.
Lucille

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

This business didn't have to follow the ADA laws, nor stripe their parking lot which is required of every business. Other businesses can't get off that easy.
remember when

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 28, 2013
 
Oh, what a Mexican shanghai ! A good con artist attempt at landing a pot of gold ! Yep, pun intended .
Pee wee and Counts gets the media coverage against Doris . Hmmmm
Nice little plot from the good ol boys tree house . Cookies an milk while arriving at such a ludicrous scheme ?

He obviously has friends at city hall. Incorrect business license, No parking 3 spaces for 3 businesses, parking not stripped, extension cords for sign, sign to close to street, opens without fire permit, imposing on adjoining neighbors for customer parking, customers leaving babies in their cars.
Do all businesses get away with this ? I think not !
What is exactly going on here ?

Does a gold buying and selling license also give the right to sell weed eaters and pot bongs ? Vibrators perhaps ?
I see lettucehead thinks so !
Letusnamenames

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 28, 2013
 
Wow. Where did you get that I think so? Making things up as you go along because you don't like the questions I'm asking. They're making you look bad, aren't they? Why don't you post under your real name or would it look bad to the voters to have posts like that with your name on them? I think so.

My question is why did you target THIS business when there is another of its type in town? And they can't help where customers put their cars or of they leave a baby in them. That's out of their control. What does the other gold buying business have in their store? What's their business license look like? Are all of the other business licenses in town correct? Have you checked all of that? Your post really shows that you targeted this business because you think they have friends in city hall. What are their friends names? Back up your claims with specifics.
remember when

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 28, 2013
 
Letusnamenames wrote:
Wow. Where did you get that I think so? Making things up as you go along because you don't like the questions I'm asking. They're making you look bad, aren't they? Why don't you post under your real name or would it look bad to the voters to have posts like that with your name on them? I think so.
My question is why did you target THIS business when there is another of its type in town? And they can't help where customers put their cars or of they leave a baby in them. That's out of their control. What does the other gold buying business have in their store? What's their business license look like? Are all of the other business licenses in town correct? Have you checked all of that? Your post really shows that you targeted this business because you think they have friends in city hall. What are their friends names? Back up your claims with specifics.
Yep, your still an attenton Ho ! Do your own research goofus. I'm not your hired hand .
If this MOron wants to get in the paper with such stupidity. I am allowed to talk about it.
Jessie James used a gun !! Hmmm maybe I will decide on something good moritz has done this year and hold city hall ransom for let's say 100,000.
I think he should go ahead and sue. He will get nothing !
Letusnamenames

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Feb 28, 2013
 
You are a hired hand to get information. You were "hired" by the citizens that elected you, me being one of them. Now please go do your job.
Letusnamenames

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Sure. We all know you are. You gave yourself away many posts ago. Someone else actualy called you on it.
theonesiteffect

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Apr 10, 2013
 
Who really cares nobody will ever kno is anyone really going to get to the bottom. No not one On this site and Arnold is shit if i gotta a chance i would sue also.hell ill sue there ass for fartn worng around me.SHUT UP AND DIE

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of94
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Carondelet Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Carondelet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••