TV show drawing fire from Christians

Full story: Star-News
What would Jesus say about being part of a motley television cast that includes a Vicodin-addicted Episcopal priest, his martini-swilling wife, a drug-selling daughter, one gay son and one promiscuous one? ... Full Story

Since: Jan 06

Woodstock, OH

#1 Jan 10, 2006
I believe Jesus would be ashamed of this TV show. It's rediculous that they have to make a show like that for entertainment.
Lindsay

United States

#2 Jan 17, 2006
I dont know..I think God and Jesus must love humor..after all..look around you..then look in a mirror.
TV took off Dr.Quinn Medicine Woman, stating the show was not good for families. They replaced it with Young Guns. Judging Amy was taken from us, but its still on in Australia btw, but it wasnt concidered good tv. Promise Land was ripped from us to and replaced with, what else, trash.
At least The Book of Daniel, even though it might not be right for you, again has people talking about Jesus, and that is never a bad thing..is it?
Drugs are a real problem in every class of people, so it deals with it. Moral's codes are an issue, and it tries to deal with that. Being gay is something many people are. God says love everyone, not ok you can only love those who are straight and they must be the same color, and believe what you believe.
The first gift God gave to humans was life, the second gift, freedom of chioce. So you use your freedom to change the channel, and I'll use mine to watch the show.
supplymt wrote:
I believe Jesus would be ashamed of this TV show. It's rediculous that they have to make a show like that for entertainment.

Since: Dec 05

Palo Alto, CA

#3 Jan 17, 2006
Lindsay wrote:
I dont know..I think God and Jesus must love humor..after all..look around you..then look in a mirror.
TV took off Dr.Quinn Medicine Woman, stating the show was not good for families. They replaced it with Young Guns. Judging Amy was taken from us, but its still on in Australia btw, but it wasnt concidered good tv. Promise Land was ripped from us to and replaced with, what else, trash.
At least The Book of Daniel, even though it might not be right for you, again has people talking about Jesus, and that is never a bad thing..is it?
Drugs are a real problem in every class of people, so it deals with it. Moral's codes are an issue, and it tries to deal with that. Being gay is something many people are. God says love everyone, not ok you can only love those who are straight and they must be the same color, and believe what you believe.
The first gift God gave to humans was life, the second gift, freedom of chioce. So you use your freedom to change the channel, and I'll use mine to watch the show.
<quoted text>
Amen.
HEATHER

Waynesboro, VA

#4 Jan 27, 2006
Lindsay wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well said. Now if only NBC would stop acting like cads and put the show back on for people who would rather see their God as a hip God and stop backing those so called holier than though Christians who think they are better than everyone else. I didn't see it as a mockery of the Christian faith. I saw it as a Priest who is human. Maybe those who think the show is mockery of their faith should look real deep in themselves and admit they are not perfect. Besides. I like the fact that they portrayed Jesus as someone that did not condemn Daniel like our so called Christians would have done. It just bothers me that they think this stuff does not really happen in their own home. Hippacrital if you ask me. NBC Bring the show back!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carolina Shores Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Rev. Jeremy Cribb' ministry site posted, then ... (Mar '10) Sep 30 Bubbly 454
Brunswick County, N.C.: Ocean Isle bans cabanas... (Sep '07) Sep 23 fancy 56
clowns from ash, nc Sep 23 honest abe 1
Bad Boy...what ya gonna do? Sep '14 we the people 1
logging on Cedar Grove Rd Sep '14 beachlover 1
Shallotte Music Emporium (Oct '12) Aug '14 Musikologist 11
UFO over Ocean Isle? Aug '14 Tigercanes 1
Carolina Shores Dating
Find my Match

Carolina Shores Jobs