mamaoffour

United States

#21 Aug 29, 2008
Again, I thank each and everyone for their prayers, support and empathy that has been expressed on this blog. And, I must say - "Fullalove" - how AWESOME your post is!! PRAISE THE NAME OF JESUS. Also, it is hard enough on my 'mother-in-law' in dealing with what happened, and to add blame, or not speak to her would serve no purpose other than to continue to make the situation worse. And, yes, Michael Stump, there is blame to go around, as stated in my initial statement. My daughter, Eden, was not wearing any floaties, because I believe her grandma thought they would be staying in the zero-depth part. I was not there, and neither was my husband. No one is perfect, but I dont see how parents are in need of accepting blame. I am very thankful that the lifeguards were able to bring my lifeless daughter back to life through CPR, but it is only by the power and grace of God that she is still here and 100% herself. I just wish that the lifeguards would have paid more attention to the pool so that she was not in trouble and struggling for her life for more than a few minutes. Can you imagine what my baby had to go throug - flapping her arms around to try and save her own life? As many medical professionals have stated - this is an unheard of outcome. I thank God we serve a mighty God who was there the entire time. In fact, Eden has said through play that "God lives in the water." and she sings a song that I have never heard before or heard her sing until a week after she came home from the hospital. "Flap your wings and fly out of the water". You tell me there is no such thing as angels and God!!

Again, to all that have said such nice, heart-felt comments regarding my daughter, thank you.
mamaoffour

United States

#22 Aug 29, 2008
By the way - my aunt informed me that in the Daily Herald (I think), there is an article about the Carol Stream Fire Department presenting the two lifeguards with awards for saving Eden's life. While this experience has been one of the hardest things I have had to go through, I would not ever want to be in the shoes of the two lifeguards who had the difficult job of performing CPR on a blue, lifeless 3 year-old with no heartbeat. What an awful nightmare those KIDS had to go through! They did a good job in performing CPR to the best of their training /ability.

“Ex nihilo nihil fit”

Since: Mar 07

Middle America

#23 Sep 2, 2008
mamaoffour wrote:
By the way - my aunt informed me that in the Daily Herald (I think), there is an article about the Carol Stream Fire Department presenting the two lifeguards with awards for saving Eden's life. While this experience has been one of the hardest things I have had to go through, I would not ever want to be in the shoes of the two lifeguards who had the difficult job of performing CPR on a blue, lifeless 3 year-old with no heartbeat. What an awful nightmare those KIDS had to go through! They did a good job in performing CPR to the best of their training /ability.
Thank you so much, I will be keeping a close eye on my five year old at the pool. I am very happy your child is safe now.
hahaha

United States

#26 Oct 1, 2008
Michael Stump is really Michelle stump...
we're not stupid you weren't fooling anyone
The REAL Truth

United States

#27 Oct 1, 2008
THE TRUTH wrote:
ITS AMAZING HOW ALL YOU CHATY CATHYS HAVE TO GOSSIP OVER SOMEONE ELSES TRAGEDY,SO PATHETIC.
Someone else's tragedy? you miss the posts by the parents of the child involved in this tragedy? go away 'truth'...*poof* ignored.
The REAL Truth

Chicago, IL

#29 Oct 3, 2008
No I don't watch, I'm a firefighter/paramedic in a neighboring suburb so if something like this happens I stop and assist, even off-duty, which is probably more than you'll ever accomplish as you only seem to sit on your computer all day and talk about how everyone but yourself is a chatty-cathy. The parents came onto this forum to answer someones inquiry for information. I would be curious to know what occurred as well especially because it involves a possible safety issue at the pool that could directly affect MY OWN CHILDREN. The parents of the child involved are directly engaging in conversation and providing information so as to help avoid a repeat of the same situation for other families and their kids. Sorry, but I don't believe in living in a cave and not paying attention and LEARNING from everything going on around me. I use the incidents I respond to on duty and stories of tragedy and issues others experience as a learning experience for myself and my family.

“Ex nihilo nihil fit”

Middle America

#32 Oct 6, 2008
THE TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>AND AS A SO CALLED FIRE FIGHTER ARENT YOU A LITTLE UPSET THESE PEOPLE CANT WATCH THEIR CHILDREN,THEY SENT A 3 YEAR OLD IN A POOL KNOWING IT HAD A DEEP END AND DIDNT KEEP A GOOD EYE ON HER,THEY PUT THE POOL AND ITS STAFF IN HARMS WAY BY BEING IGNORANT OF A CHILD THEY DECIDED TO BRING(I KNOW IT WAS GRANDMA)I FIND IT AMAZING THAT MY WIFE AND I ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT FIND THE STUPIDITY OF THIS SO CALLED GRANDMA NOT TO BE BROUGHT UP,SHE SHOULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMMING AND SHOULD NEVER HAVE LET A 3 YEAR OLD IN THAT POOL WITHOUT BEING BY HER SIDE,YOU PEOPLE ARE SO STUPID AND SHOULDNT HAVE CHILDREN, TO LET SOMETHING SO EASILY AVOIDED TO HAPPEN IN THE FIRST PLACE,BUT IF YOU WERENT ALL CHATTY CATHIES HER EMBARASMENT WOULDNT BE A PUBLIC STORY,SO WHY DONT YOU ALL MIND YOUR OWN BUISNESS.
Look you do not understand. You are from Ohio, I am from Carol Stream and the Carol Stream pool is walking distance from my house. I have a five year old that swims there on a regular basis. It is important to recognize any risks r/t a place frequented by your child. If the pool was in Ohio I would not be concerned.

“Ex nihilo nihil fit”

Middle America

#34 Oct 6, 2008
THE TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>I LIVE IN CAROL STREAM,DOES YOUR 5 YEAR OLD GO SWIMMING ALONE,DO YOU WATCH HIM OR JUST SAY GOODBEYE AND LET GOD WATCH HIM,WHAT IS YOUR POINT?
DONT BE SO CONCERNED WERE THE POOL IS LOCATED BE CONCERNED WHERE YOUR CHILD IS AND ITS SAFETY,BUT AT 3 OR 5 YOU SHOULD BE BY THEIR SIDE WHEREVER THEY ARE.
Your IP address claims Dayton Ohio...

I keep a close eye on my child but the pool is very busy with a great number of children. I am also a health care provider with a license to think about. As a result, I also have to be very conscience of other people's children and any potential safety hazards. You can never be too careful.
Carol Stream mom

Elmhurst, IL

#35 Oct 9, 2008
I just came across this and am so happy to hear that your daughter is ok. I was at the pool with my three year old son that day and I have to tell you that the lifeguards and paramedics did an amazing job! We go to the pool on a regular basis and that day was especially crowded. It is a miracle that your daughter is here. I would think that your husband should think twice before taking his anger out on "Lindsey". This was an awful accident but I can think of many places for the blame....and its nowhere near the lifeguards nor the pool nor the grandmother. So lets be thankful that your daughter is ok and lets give thanks to the people who saved her life.
somewhere out there

Chicago, IL

#36 Oct 10, 2008
Some of you are getting very off track in this particular blog!! The important part is that the facility and it's employees did their job and performed in a very stressfull situation that ended very positively. They did everything they were trained to do and because of that a life was saved!! Fingers can be pointed in many directions, but really where does that get us?? Let's all focus on the big picture and note the amazing moments (and yes that is all it takes, moments) that happened that day.
guy1

Carol Stream, IL

#37 Jan 11, 2009
hahaha wrote:
Michael Stump is really Michelle stump...
we're not stupid you weren't fooling anyone
bahahaha so true...just for everyone's knowledge, michelle stump is the former coral cove supervisor...she took a new job prior to this summer. everything about this situation accurately reflects the park district...they fail to handle situations correctly, ignore criticism and yet, still "manage" to win awards. hmm...
residant

Arlington Heights, IL

#38 Jul 6, 2009
i dont know but it sounds scary
mamaoffour

Bolingbrook, IL

#39 Jul 7, 2009
Well, as I remember one year ago (yesterday) I feel extremely blessed and still in awe at the power of God. It has been one year since this event took place; I jumped on this blog for a quick minute to thank those of you who truly cared about my daughter and to let you know that she is doing wonderful and has really no signs of this horrible event. She does still remember what happened (even though she was only three) and mentions every once in a while what she "saw" while she was unconscience. It is amazing and always gives me goosebumps. For instance, when a firefighter approached her to talk to her (about two months ago) immediately she withdrew and got scared because she remembered that the same uniform (different city) helped her when she "sank in the pool" as she calls it. I told her "you were sleeping when they helped you. How did you know that?" and she told me that she was watching them work with her body to help her breathe again even though she was sleeping. She also says very often that she saw God when she was in the pool and the angels were singing to her to flap her wings out of the pool while she was "sleeping" in the pool.

Again, thank you for your concern and God Bless.

“Ex nihilo nihil fit”

Middle America

#40 Jul 7, 2009
mamaoffour wrote:
Well, as I remember one year ago (yesterday) I feel extremely blessed and still in awe at the power of God. It has been one year since this event took place; I jumped on this blog for a quick minute to thank those of you who truly cared about my daughter and to let you know that she is doing wonderful and has really no signs of this horrible event. She does still remember what happened (even though she was only three) and mentions every once in a while what she "saw" while she was unconscience. It is amazing and always gives me goosebumps. For instance, when a firefighter approached her to talk to her (about two months ago) immediately she withdrew and got scared because she remembered that the same uniform (different city) helped her when she "sank in the pool" as she calls it. I told her "you were sleeping when they helped you. How did you know that?" and she told me that she was watching them work with her body to help her breathe again even though she was sleeping. She also says very often that she saw God when she was in the pool and the angels were singing to her to flap her wings out of the pool while she was "sleeping" in the pool.
Again, thank you for your concern and God Bless.
God bless you as well friend give that baby a big hug~~:-)
Debbie Vasquez

Chicago, IL

#41 Jun 27, 2012
I just wanted to tell your family how happy I am to know that Eden is ok. Thank God for the couple who saw her and god bless them, your daughter and family
Mr Viles

Schaumburg, IL

#42 Feb 26, 2013
I thank the ones who understand what I was trying to say. Eden is doing great and just got Baptized this past Sunday, and she credits that day at the pool for the day she started following. We came across this by mistake 5 years ago and after this past Sunday I just thought I would check it out. Carol Stream pool and the life guards did not do there job bottom line, I wasn't angry at anyone at anyone point in time besides the manager of the pool. The manager of the pool was very rude to me and she doesn't deserve a position of any nature were she is has power. The lifeguards that were on duty shouldn't have received metals. The lifeguards are nothing more then kids and being a child you do not know how to react and make fast and accurate choices. So it was never the grandmother, nor the lifeguards, it was the manager who was rude and just a plain out liar. I thank you all for all the nice things that you have said, you people make this world a better place to leave. I wish all of you a good life! God bless you all.
EL MUCHO DING DONG

Bloomington, IN

#43 May 31, 2014
can u open in tommorrow please
EL MUCHO DING DONG

Bloomington, IN

#44 May 31, 2014
coral cove could you open it tommorrow <3
EL MUCHO DING DONG

Bloomington, IN

#45 May 31, 2014
i wanna swim in poop
eyedontknow

Chicago, IL

#46 Jun 2, 2014
Realist wrote:
"Thank GOD"?!? If God actually existed, surely he would not have allowed such an awful thing to happen to such an innocent. How about thanking and showing appreciation to the people who actually played a part in saving her life, not some mythological being!
HAleluya!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carol Stream Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Huber facing state, local charges over new enca... (Sep '12) 5 hr Lisle 8
Debate: Marijuana - Carol Stream, IL (Feb '11) Feb 24 TamikaArmstrong 13
Now that you have a new puppy it is time to tra... Feb 24 !!! 2
Man Found Dead At Cicero Peep Show (Aug '07) Feb 23 rico 13
Kid scientists ignite last 'Late Show' performance Feb 23 forum reg 1
Prentiss Creek - enough is enough (Jul '11) Feb 23 fedup 4
Do you approve of Fred Crespo as State Represen... Feb 21 elaine stenzel 1
Carol Stream Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Carol Stream People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:25 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports12:25PM
Brandon Bostick befriends someone who understands his mistake
Bleacher Report 8:23 PM
GB Must Address ILB, but Not Necessarily in 1st Round
Bleacher Report 7:18 AM
Best Options to Replace Briggs This Offseason
Bleacher Report12:42 PM
Packers Could Target Maualuga or Draft LB to Replace Hawk
Bleacher Report 1:14 PM
Could Bears Ever Get Fair Trade Value for Forte?