Boo

Stilwell, OK

#21 Nov 18, 2012
Oh, yes I have met Billy boy! No, I am not impressed!!
pentowin

Lexington, OK

#22 Nov 18, 2012
You are such a world of info, Boo! I did read the article. Agreed it was BIA Land, but do you not agree that by the BIA allowing all of these agencies on the land not once, but twice in as many years to remove the plants that they would also allow the agencies permission to at least investigate who set up tents and was cultivating the plants? Hello? How difficult would this have been? Plus are tents set up once again for a third year, perhaps? Could go for 2010, 2011, and 2012 on that particular plot of BIA land.Sounds like a safe haven to me.
Going from 1 deputy to 4, how many are presently there now after firing Hanna and Cotten? And BTW why did he do that?
Since the commissioners are responsible for all county bldgs, are you saying that that is where the funding will come from for the armory to become the new jail? Heard it was sure going to save lots of $$$ for the county. Sure am wondering about that as I have never heard where the $$$ is coming from to turn the armory into the jail. You are saying, Commissioners, correct? And not the Sheriff's budget.
Have more questions. But, please enlighten me on these if you can? I have a lot to learn? Therefore, teach me!
boo

Dallas, TX

#23 Nov 18, 2012
I would but you are not my student!
pentowin

Lexington, OK

#24 Nov 18, 2012
Thanks Boo,just as I suspected. Did I catch you at a loss for words? Hmmmm? Cannot answer the simple questions asked? Evidently not quite as informative as you profess to be? And you are saying that I have a lot to learn? Sure am glad that I did not get into the more difficult questions which I have.
But, I will leave my questions open and perhaps someone will answer. Sure would like to know where that money is coming from to change the armory into a jail?
Also, how many deputies are on duty now that 2 have been dismissed recently?
What makes you think that the new Sheriff will not do a better job? Anything would be better than the past 4 years as it has not been explained to me what Tate has done which he alone has accomplished?
Just sayin

Broken Arrow, OK

#25 Nov 20, 2012
Maybe Lancaster wont be partial to his prisoners.Like letting them bring own bed in.What a deal.Bout time to get rid of the good ole boy system in Kiowa county. Ain't workin. I guess it is for some.Personal opinion i think the D.A on up to the judges need to go myself. This hometown good ole boy crap needs to go. Has no place in court of law. And is very unfair and biased.
pentowin

Purcell, OK

#26 Nov 21, 2012
Amen!
tired

Lexington, OK

#27 Nov 25, 2012
pentowin wrote:
Judging by your response,it must be Tate himself! Or at least someone who sure likes to toot his horn! Cked out the marijuana link. Good article.And that was alot of drugs taken off of the market. Sore arms and all but no arrests? 1750 plants from the prior year and it was allowed to grow another 7700 plants the following year? Why? Why were there no arrests made either year? No excuse!
Why is there never any crimes solved? Arrests made? And convictions with people going to jail? How many years since a jury trial? Hard to please? Give me a break! Is it too much to ask of your Sheriff to investigate crimes, solve them and to return your stolen items? Why was there only 1 deputy when he took office?
The budget? May be wrong, but seems like I remember reading in the paper in one of the postings of the commissioners meetings that Mr. tate got mad over some furniture and a stainless steel toliet (which cost a lot of $$$) because he was out of $$$ and they would not fund him anymore? Did he over spend on his projects of more deputies, deputies supplies, vehicles, maintaining a jail and working on a new jail?
No arrests, crimes unsolved, never seeing the guy, stolen items never recovered, Again,tell me something that the man did all by himself...Just saying.......
First of all, i am not Sheriff Tate, but i do know what's going on. Not "tooting" any horns...again just stating facts as you obviously don't have your facts straight.

On the marijuana issue...this was Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) land. They (the BIA) took over. They are Federal and it's their jurisdiction. Nothing we can do at that point. Your questions should be directed to them on this issue. You say "no excuse." What exactly do you know that I don't? The excuse is that you don't know how the law works...I do.

You say "no crimes solved, arrests, or convictions?" Not sure how to respond. There are people in the Kiowa County Jail. How do you suppose the got there? Just walked in begging to be locked up? You are not stating any facts. This is crazy talk and you can just go to the jail to verify...not that difficult to prove you wrong here.

"Jury trials"... Do you have any idea what your talking about. I'm actually having trouble focusing on this conversation as I feel like you're just wasting my time. The Sheriff has nothing to do with which cases are taken before a jury and which are not. Completely different entities. Study up just a little please!

My point on the "1 deputy" issue was that prior to Tate taking office there was only 1 deputy. He has increased the number of deputies. That's a good thing.

I don't understand what your getting at about the budget. You seem to be complaining either way. You ask "what has Tate done?" I give some examples. Then you seem to complain that he has done too much? Did you want him to accomplish anything or not? Make up your mind. Maybe he was complaining about the budget because this is the best way to get more money for the next fiscal year. So he could continue forward progress. This is basic business stuff.

You want to know something the man did all by himself? Do you not want him working with others? Working as a team? He has done plenty by himself. Everyone plays a part though. Takes everyone working together to make greater accomplishments.
KDM

Wayne, OK

#28 Nov 26, 2012
The jail has people in it a lot of times because of the Snyder Police Department!!! And if I'm not mistaken that's where Lancaster is the chief!!!!
tired

Lexington, OK

#29 Nov 27, 2012
KDM wrote:
The jail has people in it a lot of times because of the Snyder Police Department!!! And if I'm not mistaken that's where Lancaster is the chief!!!!
Of course Lancaster is the chief of Snyder. Of all people you should know where he works :). He got the position after his boss was arrested for drugs, curtesy of current Sheriff Tate, Tate's deputies, and the OSBI. So I guess he will be relieving all current deputies since he and his current officers are the only ones making any arrests? I'm sure you can back up your statement? You know how many people are locked up and what percentage is from the mighty Snyder police department? Too bad Lancaster is struggling with our Oklahoma laws...ie: jurisdiction, probable cause, etc. Those are tough laws to understand. Seems I heard about a couple recent issues that were dismissed in prelim, or prior to for these mistakes. You would think with his experience this wouldn't be a problem.
KDM

Wayne, OK

#30 Nov 27, 2012
From what I heard the only one getting rid of current deputies has been Tate. And as for Tate, OSBI, and the other deputies getting the old Chief from Snyder, it started from the animal control officer at the time admitting some things to someone that she had done. Which in turn she was arrested and I'm no rocket scientist but I'm betting she was the one who told them about the old Chief! So I would say it was courteous of the ex animal control officer mouth!
pentowin

United States

#31 Nov 28, 2012
Tired you're quick to brag about tate going from 1 deputy to 4 times that. Correct? Like i said, he recently fired 2 of those deputies of whom he hired of those. Did he decide to downsize or what was the reasoning behind this move?
KDM

Lexington, OK

#32 Nov 28, 2012
Statistically a majority of ALL cases ran through the court system in Kiowa County are from the Snyder/Mtn Park area. The County as a whole is a lot bigger than these two small towns. You can find these facts at the court house located on the square.

I know I asked this question earlier and Boo answered me but you did not "Tired", have met Lancaster?
pentowin

Wayne, OK

#33 Nov 28, 2012
Good answer, Tired. Now we are getting somewhere. I truly believe like you that the marijuana article was BIA all the way. Granted Kiowa Co SO took the call and Mr. Tate opted to assist the BIA, but beyond that it was BIA jurisdiction. Therefore, Tate can neither take the credit nor can he be blamed for no arrests. So, don't credit Tate for this one! moving along....

Let's check out the Kiowa Co Sheriff's Dept FB page. Let's go to the article dated Aug 28th. It refers to 2 months prior to that date which would be somewhere in June that there has been several burglaries in the Roosevelt area.This article further states that on or about Aug 11th deputies began to crack the case. The investigation is ongoing, but it is believed that there are 4 adults and 4 juveniles involved.(Still with me, Tired?) The adults names will be released as soon as formal charges are filed and arraignments are completed. It is NOW 6 months later from the thefts and why have there been NO charges filed? Remember that Roosevelt has no other law enforcement in their town. Is it because Tate is shorthanded (because he fired 2 deputies) and cannot follow through with this case? Is it because he just does not know how to finish this alone without any other agencies to assist him? Or is he just going to turn it over to Lancaster the first of the year and let him finish it? Simple question, need a simple answer.Or somewhere along the way have charges been filed? did I miss the names? What happened to this case?

I think it is good when a community, the Sheriff's Dept and all law enforcement agencies work together. But, I also think that each entity should be able to solve their own crimes in their own jurisdictions. OHP seems to be quite capable of handling accidents,etc.,I do not feel that over the past 4 years that the Kiowa Co Sheriff's Dept has followed through on solving any crimes or acted on their own. If it is a Drug problem, they called in the Drug task force. Not a bad idea on an occasion.

Hopefully, Lancaster will make a change. Time will tell.
pentowin

Wayne, OK

#34 Nov 28, 2012
An after thought concerning the jury trials. I agree the Sheriff simply does his job of capturing the criminals, after that it is up to the DA/ judges. But, also remember that the case has to be solved and presented to the DA/judge.The DA nor the judge is the one out there doing the leg work and apprehending the bad guys.
tired

Lexington, OK

#35 Nov 28, 2012
pentowin wrote:
Tired you're quick to brag about tate going from 1 deputy to 4 times that. Correct? Like i said, he recently fired 2 of those deputies of whom he hired of those. Did he decide to downsize or what was the reasoning behind this move?
All I will say on this matter is that he did not fire 2 deputies. Not sure where you are getting this info. Did he tell you that or are you listening to rumor?
tired

Lexington, OK

#36 Nov 28, 2012
pentowin wrote:
An after thought concerning the jury trials. I agree the Sheriff simply does his job of capturing the criminals, after that it is up to the DA/ judges. But, also remember that the case has to be solved and presented to the DA/judge.The DA nor the judge is the one out there doing the leg work and apprehending the bad guys.
As for your other posts... Am I hearing that you are blaming this one issue of stolen items in Roosevelt solely on the Sheriff? Maybe there is a deputy located in the area that should be handling this particular case (you know who I'm talking about). Maybe you should ask about this? Have charges been filed? Are you relying on Facebook to keep you highly informed on legal matters? Facebook is a good tool, but just because they haven't gotten back to you on this doesn't mean it's at a standstill. Because you haven't heard anything about this case you just assume it is the only case and it is unsolved? As if no other arrests or cases have been made or filed? Yes, I hope Lancaster really handles everything. Sounds like he won't even need deputies...he can do it himself. Well, at least this way you will no exactly who to give the credit too, or who to blame. Do you even know all the current deputies? Have you ever asked the opinion of the rest of his current staff, or are you relying on the word of very few...maybe only someone who will benefit from Lancaster becoming Sheriff.
KDM

Lexington, OK

#37 Nov 28, 2012
tired wrote:
<quoted text>. Do you even know all the current deputies? Have you ever asked the opinion of the rest of his current staff, or are you relying on the word of very few...maybe only someone who will benefit from Lancaster becoming Sheriff.
When you ask do we know the current deputies are you meaning the road deputies or everyone that's employed there?
And as for know the two road deputies, I sure do!!
Also, he did fire one and let the other go!
pentowin

Wayne, OK

#38 Nov 29, 2012
Well let me put it this way......Hanna now works for Washita County and I am not sure if Cotten even has a job...Pretty sure that they did not just up and leave on their own accord. End of story!
pentowin

Wayne, OK

#39 Nov 29, 2012
You betcha! I am holding Tate accountable for the Roosevelt ordeal. He is the man in charge and will be until Jan 1 2013. What deputy are you referring to? There are none in Roosevelt.Cannot rely on facebook because that page has not been updated since Sept. During the campaign, it was good thing to check out! The Roosevelt article was even a good article for Tate to "toot his horn" during the campaign, but what now? No follow up on facebook or the burglaries.Just like the past 4 years have been. Just do not feel people should be shocked that he lost the election. Citizens are not wearing blinders. They know these things as an example about the Roosevelt ordeal. They are ready for a change and that is why Tate lost the election.

Tate is soon to be a past Sheriff and I wish him well for whatever is in his future. Same as i wish Lancaster good luck in his future and hope that he will be able to accomplish many things that others could not.

UPDATE: No charges have been filed! This case is at a standstill.......Hopefully, Lancaster will treat it as a cold case and be able to catch the bad guys and get this resolved in what should have been done 4 months ago at the very most.

I got my point across to whomever, END OF STORY!

Thanks!
KDM

Lexington, OK

#40 Nov 29, 2012
Well said Pen!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carnegie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Revive Anadarko group 3 hr Linda Wilkerson 6
Why can't Anadarko keep a City Manager ? Thu TheyCallMeRubbaNeck 17
Embezzlement Wed dirtyjob11 5
Caddo County inmate dies (Apr '14) Wed Your Average Bear 21
Anadarko School Safe Rooms (Mar '14) Feb 24 MissGuided 13
Jail Administrater Philip Smith charged with Fe... Feb 21 law dog 13
trying to find Feb 4 yoshoba 1
Carnegie Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Carnegie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:06 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 1:06PM
Dallas Cowboys' Dez Bryant linked to incident at Walmart parking lot
Bleacher Report 1:08 PM
Cole Beasley Contract: Latest News and Rumors on Negotiations with Cowboys
Yahoo! Sports 1:13 PM
Sources: Cowboys, WR Cole Beasley close on deal
Yahoo! Sports 7:02 AM
Greg Cosell's Film Review: DeMarco Murray and his value to Dallas
Bleacher Report 9:23 AM
Report: Chris Canty Released by Ravens