Suspect Arrested In Murder Of Citrus Heights Woman

Mar 11, 2008 | Posted by: CBS13/CW31 | Full story: CBS13/CW31

Police have arrested 25-year-old Stephanie Erends for murder in the death of a Citrus Heights woman whose body was found Monday morning near Walerga Road.

According to authorities, the victim, Alicia Ernst, 24, was found by a Placer County public works employee around 8:20 a.m. Monday, in a ditch near the roadway.

After police combed the crime scene, detectives canvassed nearby neighborhoods and were able to locate witnesses who placed Stephanie Nicole Erends in the area where Ernst's body was found. Read more

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Nov 4, 2009
Ruslana

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2008

I can't believe it I'm still in shock after finding out who the killer... I used to work with here and she seemed to be a sweetheart and it seemed like she was trying to get her life back on track...
Nicole

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

This was a shock to see Alicias face on the news, I feel for the family, who was always so nice.
kimberlee

Auburn, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

My heart goes out to both families who are undoutably are in emotional crisis. my prayers are with you.
Jennifer

Yuba City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2008

I can't believe this happened. I am still in shock. I was friends with both of the girls for years. We all used to hang out everyday. I just can't believe that Stephanie would do something like this.
an old friend

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2008

my sincere condolences to alicias family and friends. she was a kind hearted girl always laughing and having fun..its sad to know now who commited this atrocity of an act.i know the erands family well and never expected this..i also new alicia since my teenage years.my heart goes out to both families..may alicia find justice....bless you all ..
george g

Antelope, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2008

this is proof that anything is possible. my condolences to both erends and ernst family. let some good come from all the bad constitly surronding us. i remember the good ol' days where a good boxing match settled problems.
Brandon

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

God bless Alicia. She will always be loved.
David

Fresno, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2008

I can't believe this. I wish I could have been there to stop Stephanie in her tracks. I haven't seen Alicia in years. My wife was best friends with her for a long time. We spent so much time together, Alicia was like my little sister. I just found out about all of this today. I am so numb. I think if Stephanie was in front of me right now, I don't know if I could hold myself back from strangling the life out of her. I have half a mind to go visit her in jail and ask WTF??? Alicia, we will miss you and I'm sorry we didn't meet back up and hash whatever it was that drove us apart those couple of years ago. I can't wait to see you on the flip side of life.
Angel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2008

Does anyone know the status of this case?
jim lawhead

Rocklin, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

i cant believe this i never thought stephanie would do something like this we all hung out togeather my heart goes out to both girls family's it's real sad to young life's gone in a blink of an eye over stupid stuff i am sure

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Carmichael Discussions

Search the Carmichael Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 18 hr seekers 4,900
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 18 hr Pole swap 7,855
So Cal vs. Nor Cal: The battle rages on (Oct '07) 22 hr u r inbread 56
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Thu Orange Cove cow licker 200,365
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Thu rain or snow to slow 15,928
Rancho Cordova hires city manager Thu saays who 4
Man suspected of raping three women in Sacramen... Thu scott 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Carmichael Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Carmichael People Search