The Herald recommends Rubio, Alexande...

The Herald recommends Rubio, Alexander and Edwards

There are 23 comments on the Monterey County Herald story from Oct 12, 2010, titled The Herald recommends Rubio, Alexander and Edwards. In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

Seaside voters get a chance next month to return two steady hands to the City Council and to add an outspoken newcomer who is well prepared to mix things up in the rough-and-tumble of Seaside politics.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Not necessarly better

Salinas, CA

#1 Oct 12, 2010
First of all, does the author of this editorial even live in Seaside? If not, b-u-t-t out. Seceondly, Rubio was also inexperienced at one time. Experience does not necessarily make for the best candidate. Look at all of the 'experienced' incumbents, whom voters can't wait to get rid of. Let's give Felix Bachofner a chance.
Bob Oliver

Marina, CA

#4 Oct 12, 2010
VOTE FELIX BACHOFNER AND LISA MITCHELL

6189 11:13 am 101210

Since: Mar 09

Monterey Peninsula, CA

#5 Oct 12, 2010
I'm disappointed that the Herald blew off Felix Bachofner without addressing the two big problems I have with the current Seaside leadership. The first is the matter of Ray Corpuz and his mysterious firing of the police chief Steve Cercone, who, according to city hall, did nothing wrong. The second is Seaside's poor handling of land use issues, which continue to stifle our economy and fail to improve the city's appearance. In addition the city was entertaining the threat of eminent domain to sell people's homes to a hotel developer. NO WAY am I voting for Rubio.

See www.felixforseaside.com

-Mr. Toy
www.montereypeinsula.info
BLAH

Mill Valley, CA

#6 Oct 12, 2010
RUBIO IS WITHOUT A DOUBT the worst mayor on the peninsula, even with his so-called "extensive" experience. His buddy Ray Corpuz has a ton of government experience and is without a doubt the worst city manager in Seaside history.

Experience doesnt mean youre better, just look at do-nothing Tom Mancini. In the weekly when asked about his plan for seaside, his response was to ensure that blues in the park stays around. WTF is that? no idea about Seasides needs, just like Alexander. Reserve officer = weekend warrior, and for shopliftland sand city LOL its not like he is even keeping Seaside safe, he is patrolling those oh so hard streets of sand city , population 200.

The Herald just proved why they are the worst paper in the county. They have no clue about what Seaside needs.

VOTE FOR FELIX, EDWARDS AND MITCHELL ON NOVEMBER 2ND

Watching from a Distance

Monterey, CA

#7 Oct 12, 2010
What a shame that the Herald came out for Rubio. He is one of the slickest politicians on the peninsula and experience doesn't trump everything else. It's time for the winds to blow in a new direction. Let some fresh air into Seaside City Hall and with it some new faces.

Vote Bachofner and Edwards for sure. Bring transparency back to City Hall. A change in Mayor most likely would bring about ridding City Hall of the inept Corpuz and the hiring of a new and more capable City Manager.
Susan Gayle

Seaside, CA

#8 Oct 13, 2010
MrToy wrote:
I'm disappointed that the Herald blew off Felix Bachofner without addressing the two big problems I have with the current Seaside leadership. The first is the matter of Ray Corpuz and his mysterious firing of the police chief Steve Cercone, who, according to city hall, did nothing wrong. The second is Seaside's poor handling of land use issues, which continue to stifle our economy and fail to improve the city's appearance. In addition the city was entertaining the threat of eminent domain to sell people's homes to a hotel developer. NO WAY am I voting for Rubio.
See www.felixforseaside.com
-Mr. Toy
www.montereypeinsula.info
I agree...... What is the Herald talking about? After reading that article, I am not sorry that I cancelled the Hearld paper. Seaside is so ready for some new leadership. I have been watching a lot of the old Seaside Council meetings online and the meetings are just laughable at best. Seaside deserves better and I hope that Felix gets an opportunity to lead Seaside in a new direction. If he doesn't, then we can vote him out in the next election. If you don't vote for change then you should not complain when nothing better happens to our city.
BLAH

Mill Valley, CA

#9 Oct 13, 2010
Watching from a Distance wrote:
What a shame that the Herald came out for Rubio. He is one of the slickest politicians on the peninsula and experience doesn't trump everything else. It's time for the winds to blow in a new direction. Let some fresh air into Seaside City Hall and with it some new faces.
Vote Bachofner and Edwards for sure. Bring transparency back to City Hall. A change in Mayor most likely would bring about ridding City Hall of the inept Corpuz and the hiring of a new and more capable City Manager.
to get corpuz out, you have to have a majority on the council. that means we gotta vote out rubio, mancini and alexander

VOTE FELIX, edwards and mitchell

Since: Sep 09

United States

#10 Oct 13, 2010
There ARE times when the Herald disappoints me, and this IS sadly one of those times. It is shameful that Mr. Bachofner is so easily dismissed by the Herald.
vote felix

Mill Valley, CA

#11 Oct 14, 2010
WOW. THE HIPPIES AT THE WEEKLY ENDORSED RALPH RUBIO

im a democrat, and i dont care if felix is republican, he gets my vote
SRC

Mill Valley, CA

#13 Oct 14, 2010
WHAT THE HELL DID THE HERALD AND THE WEEKLY ENDORSE RUBIO FOR? for the gangs and drugs running rampant in our city? for wasting tons of money on the auto mall which has no customers? for no transparency in government and public mistrust? for being a sanctuary city for illegals?

Monterey Peninsula, CA

#14 Oct 14, 2010
SRC wrote:
WHAT THE HELL DID THE HERALD AND THE WEEKLY ENDORSE RUBIO FOR? for the gangs and drugs running rampant in our city? for wasting tons of money on the auto mall which has no customers? for no transparency in government and public mistrust? for being a sanctuary city for illegals?
I agree with most of your points, but a sanctuary for illegals? Can you back that up?
SRC

Mill Valley, CA

#15 Oct 14, 2010
MrToy wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with most of your points, but a sanctuary for illegals? Can you back that up?
im mexican, i was born and raised in seaside, and yes the city is a sanctuary for illegals and yes i can back that up. alot of the gangsters in seaside are illegals or children of illegals, either way its a product of illegal immigration and seaside is a sanctuary city just like salinas.

Monterey Peninsula, CA

#16 Oct 14, 2010
SRC wrote:
<quoted text>
im mexican, i was born and raised in seaside, and yes the city is a sanctuary for illegals and yes i can back that up. alot of the gangsters in seaside are illegals or children of illegals, either way its a product of illegal immigration and seaside is a sanctuary city just like salinas.
This site lists Salinas as a sanctuary city. http://www.sanctuarycities.info/sanctuary_sta...

This one does not. http://www.ojjpac.org/sanctuary.asp

Neither one lists Seaside. So again, please cite your sources!

-Mr. Toy
www.montereypeninsula.info
Joe

Seaside, CA

#17 Oct 15, 2010
After having lived in Seaside for the last 12 years and watched the long line of idiots parade through the city: L. McClair, T. Brown, D. Jordan, D.Choate', etc. Does anyone remember that Carmel's own Rich Gullien was assistant city manager?
Seaside needs new leadership more than we a mayor and city manager who can't even try to tell the truth.
Vote all incumbents out!

Since: Oct 10

Seaside, CA

#18 Oct 15, 2010
MrToy wrote:
<quoted text>
All you have to do is ask the mailman... I know it sounds kind of odd, but they see things in the neighborhood that other people don't even notice. Why are there so many storage sheds in so many back yards in Seaside? Many of these are built just to house the illegals. On the street that my Dad lives on, there are at least three places that are housing illegals. If you call the Seaside City Hall about it, their answer is that it is not a priority at this time because they are understaffed. What? I agree... vote them all out this election. It is time for this city to stand up and do the right thing and follow all the same rules, city codes, and laws they expect us to. In other words, "Do your damn job!"
WOW

Mill Valley, CA

#19 Oct 15, 2010
MrToy wrote:
<quoted text>
This site lists Salinas as a sanctuary city. http://www.sanctuarycities.info/sanctuary_sta...
This one does not. http://www.ojjpac.org/sanctuary.asp
Neither one lists Seaside. So again, please cite your sources!
-Mr. Toy
oh my. youre one of those government brainwashed people who doesnt believe anything unless its an "official" WEBSITE OR BUREAUCRAT that says so.
as a mexican in the community, who happens to know family after family of illegals whom myself, my cousins, sisters and friends associate with, and with whom i have personally asked the question of why out of all the places to come they chose seaside, they have basically all said that its because other family and friends who were already here told them they can live in seaside with no problems from local police or government, seaside is a latino town and theres jobs. they are welcomed in seaside where they can recieve healthcare at the clinic (who speak mainly in spanish even though its run by the county), shop at numerous latino stores and markets in town and can go for weeks in seaside and never have to speak english, if thats not sanctuary, where a city opens its arms and welcomes you, then what is?
let me guess your definition. government officially declares it.
i dont need a bureaucrat to tell me what i already know. cite my sources? the illegal residents of the city of seaside.
WOW

Mill Valley, CA

#20 Oct 15, 2010
Susan Gayle wrote:
<quoted text>
All you have to do is ask the mailman... I know it sounds kind of odd, but they see things in the neighborhood that other people don't even notice. Why are there so many storage sheds in so many back yards in Seaside? Many of these are built just to house the illegals. On the street that my Dad lives on, there are at least three places that are housing illegals. If you call the Seaside City Hall about it, their answer is that it is not a priority at this time because they are understaffed. What? I agree... vote them all out this election. It is time for this city to stand up and do the right thing and follow all the same rules, city codes, and laws they expect us to. In other words, "Do your damn job!"
co-signed.

the sheds in the back is right on.ive been to homes where people are letting illegals rent sheds, or even a house on luxton where its not even a shed, its tents and a tree fort.

Monterey Peninsula, CA

#22 Oct 19, 2010
OK, let's get something straight. I never said there are no illegals in Seaside. They're everywhere. But a Sanctuary City is one that officially protects illegals, and Seaside has no such official policy.

-Mr. Toy
WOW

Mill Valley, CA

#23 Oct 19, 2010
MrToy wrote:
OK, let's get something straight. I never said there are no illegals in Seaside. They're everywhere. But a Sanctuary City is one that officially protects illegals, and Seaside has no such official policy.
-Mr. Toy
EXACTLY. OFFICIALLY a sanctuary city WHEN THE GOVERNMENT SAYS SO. Get a brain of your own. It helps.

Salinas, CA

#24 Oct 19, 2010
Where did Phil Chris' post go? I was pretty surprised to learn of the thousands of dollars that went to a certain someone's daughter...WOW...or was that not supposed to be known? oh well..thank you for sharing..and I hope the residents of Seaside don't let this continue..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carmel Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Youngster dies in police chase on Highway 1 in ... (Jul '10) May 23 Trump supporter 831 30
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) May 8 doG mnaDed lyoH i... 72,083
Sendy Russo May 5 Wondering 1
Review: Francis Alwill General Contr (Jul '11) Apr '18 Bob Klinski 7
Legit black needed ASAP Mar '18 pinsnneedles 4
News Not Dead Yet: Squid considers the bizarre encou... Mar '18 raj 3
News Celebrate the Oscars by Visiting Award-Winning ... Feb '18 sarahjacson 1

Carmel Valley Jobs

Personal Finance

Carmel Valley Mortgages