Stretch of Prunedale highway gets $91 million boost

Vaquero Heritage Days this Friday and Saturday at the San Juan Bautista Mission celebrate not just the cowboy but the culture. Full Story
rita

Santa Cruz, CA

#2 Aug 19, 2010
'san Juan Bautista, where the vaqueros were brought up to be slaves for spainards, to complete the genocide of central coast first people's. Look at the mass grave near the mission. 1300 Olone buried withon 3 years, just thron in a pit and covered up. SJB shows little evidence of the Olone, mainly the spanish influence. The barbaric missionaries and there beyond cruel practices, contining over to the way they treawted horses Oh yes, let's not "celebrate" thevcatholic church, the warrior/slave apsect of spanish/aztec culture. Mark and remember the mission as we mark and remember Auschwitz and celbrate and learn from the Ohlone traditions.
Dave

Santa Cruz, CA

#3 Aug 20, 2010
Hey where are the protestors that protested the Deputy Sheriff's rodeo at the Santa Cruz Co Fair grounds? Oh I get it because it is a "hispanic" event we don't want to rock the boat.
Rebellion

Santa Cruz, CA

#4 Aug 22, 2010
rita wrote:
'san Juan Bautista, where the vaqueros were brought up to be slaves for spainards, to complete the genocide of central coast first people's. Look at the mass grave near the mission. 1300 Olone buried withon 3 years, just thron in a pit and covered up. SJB shows little evidence of the Olone, mainly the spanish influence. The barbaric missionaries and there beyond cruel practices, contining over to the way they treawted horses Oh yes, let's not "celebrate" thevcatholic church, the warrior/slave apsect of spanish/aztec culture. Mark and remember the mission as we mark and remember Auschwitz and celbrate and learn from the Ohlone traditions.
You sound like a barrel of fun... Ya busy next Saturday night?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carmel Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 70,153
Some Mexicans leaving US, planning never to return (Dec '08) Wed loupgarous 15,725
Boyfriend of slain vendor can't fathom shooting (Jan '11) Oct 28 noturpuppet 3
Live Oak stabbing is second in two days (Jun '08) Oct 28 maranatha 246
International CIT conference comes to Monterey Oct 14 DO Powers 1
Panetta: '30-year war' and a leadership test fo... Oct 9 Boston beaner 6
where can I find heroin in monterey? Oct 8 thazzleb17 2
Carmel Valley Dating
Find my Match

Carmel Valley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Carmel Valley News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Carmel Valley

Personal Finance