Double Homicide In Carmel Valley, Nei...

Double Homicide In Carmel Valley, Neighbor Accused

There are 119 comments on the cbs5.com story from Jan 30, 2007, titled Double Homicide In Carmel Valley, Neighbor Accused. In it, cbs5.com reports that:

An ongoing land dispute could be the motive in a double homicide that took place in Carmel Valley Monday evening, according to the Monterey County Sheriff's office.Deputies were called out to 82 Hitchcock ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at cbs5.com.

AZ Neighbor

Phoenix, AZ

#81 Jun 11, 2009
To: "AzRancher"
You sound like a neighbor of mine who has been picking on an elderly, respectable, lovely retired couple in our neighborhood for several years now. No one can figure out why this resident does it, but it has made the whole neighborhood ill at ease due to the contrived dispute and the resident's absolute obsession with it- just like Mr. Kenney. Adjusting property line landscape, barricades, harassment complaints, taking pictures of the couple, verbally threatening them, all for no real reason, except perhaps this resident's own unhappiness and poor self esteem, from what anyone can tell. What's next? Unstable as the resident seems, we fear violence. We hope the unstable reading these comments will not be provoked by comments like yours.
Elaine

Canada

#82 Jun 19, 2009
The Dateline report was misleading...no mention of the fact that the Grimes had the legal right to cross the slip of land in question. nor did Kenney have the right to own a gun due to the restraining order against him. Also not mentioned in the report were Kenney's last words to Elizabeth Grimes "welcome Elizabeth, welcome to hell".
To those that think of Kenney as a kind man by his actions towards his friends and his church involvement...I would like to remind you that even Hitler had his supporters who thought he was right.
My wish is that that nasty old man lives a long life and has many years to rot in prison before he meets his Maker. Then...may he rot in hell.
Julia

United States

#83 Jun 29, 2009
Kristin wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a family member of the two who were murdered, the victim was not an abusive jerk, neither of them had it coming. That's just wrong...
I am so very sorry for your loss. And, I believe God's judgement will be carried out with this killer.

And, Scooter, shut up already. How would you feel if your parents had been kiled. Jerk!
Julia

United States

#84 Jun 29, 2009
Phat Tam Pon wrote:
who pay for rock i deliver. nobody left to pay me. can i take it back?
stupid jerk
CHRISSY CHAMONIX

Australia

#85 Dec 8, 2009
MY QUESTION WOULD BE WHO REPRESENTED DR. BERGSTROM IN HIS DIVORCE, WAS HE A FREIND OF MEL GRIMES, CERTAINLY HAVING HIS WIFE WORK FOR HIM. WERE THEY INVOLVED WITH THE COCAIN USE AND SEXUAL FAVOURS BETWEEN PARTIES ? THE LAWYER GRIMES PROTECTED BERGSTROMS INTERESTS NO MATTER WHAT. BASICALLY BECAUSE BERGTROMS TARGET WHETHER IT BE PHYCHOLOGICAL LEVERAGING OR RAPE OR FREIND IN COHERSION FEEDING HIS HABIT AS WITH NURSES AT THE HOSPITAL AND HIS RECENT RAPE OF ME. AS A NURSE FOR 10 YEARS AND THE OTHER VICTIM THAT GOT HIM PUT AWAY HAD NURSING EXPERIENCE.. WELL BERGSTROM IS IN JAIL FOR EIGHT YEARS, AND THE GRIMES ARE DEAD . IN MY HEART, I FEEL KENNEDY KNEW SOMETHING CRITICAL ABOUT BERGSTROMS ILLEGAL ACTIVITES . MR.KENNEDY APPEARED FRAGILE, AND SEEMED TO HAVE BEEN PUSHED TO HIS LIMIT. I THINK THEY WERE INVOLVED WITH BERGSTROM ON ILLEGAL LEVELS OF MISCONDUCT AND KENNEDY KNEW. SO THEY PUSHED HIM OVER THE EDGE PHYCHOLOGICALLY.THREATENING HIM AS TO NOT WANT TO RETURN HOME FROM ENGLAND. HIS PATTERN WAS RESPECTFUL UNTIL THE END. SOMEBODY WAS GOING TO TALK , FIRST THE GRIMES USED HIGH ABUSE OVER A LONG PERIOD TO KENNEDY AT AGE 74, NEVER THINKING THEY WOULD BE KILLED OVER IT.NO EXCUSE FOR KILLING,BUT WHAT MADE HIM DO IT - REALLY.
CHRISSY CHAMONIX

Australia

#86 Dec 8, 2009
IF YOU LOOKED AT THE KILLERS PHYSICAL MOVEMENTS, FACIAL DULLNESS OF EXPRESSION AND BODY DEMEANOR YOU CAN SEE HE USES MEDICATION FROM HIS DOCTOR AND APPEARS COMPLETELY EMOTIONALLY SPENT STILL UNDER MEDICATION. AFTER THE NEIGHBORS YRS. OF CRUEL HARRASEMENT TO A WEAK ELDERLY MAN. AN EASY PREY TO BE INFLUENCED EASILY BY OTHERS SUCH AS WITH CARL BERGSTROMS CONIEVING CHARISMA.HE KNEW TOO MUCH AND WAS GOING TO TALK. ALL TRUE PREDATORS LOOK LIKE AN ANGEL. I AGREE WITH THE ATTORNEY WHO SAID MEDS.
informant

Salinas, CA

#87 Feb 9, 2010
Elizabeth Grimes was a thief who misused money in the firm and when it all surfaced, let someone else take the blame for it. Now I don't know a lot about Mel. I'm sure he was a good man, but I do know for a fact that Elizabeth was a thief. I'm not condoning Kenney's actions in this matter. I think killing is wrong regardless of the circumstances, but to all of you who continue saying how wonderful Elizabeth Grimes was, think again. Thieves are not wonderful.
Terrible Neighbors

Spanaway, WA

#88 Jun 27, 2010
All of the facts are out now. I've reviewed the case, researched online and like most watched the Dateline show. This is my opinion.

First I want to point out that murder is not ok. I am not sticking up for murder at all.

With that said I feel the Grimes were terrible neighbors to have to deal with. Dumping trash all over (seen the photos and video proof), allowing dogs to run loose, slamming a 72 year old man's head while he was still inside his car for taking a photo. It sounds like the old man went through hell with sloppy, rude and violent people and went over the edge. Also, a lot of very bad things have come out about these two in other aspects of their lives. They were not the greatest people.

It's horrific that the police didn't show up as Kenney requested. He knew they were going to do something to him and for the better of everyone they should have been there. He wouldn't request the police if he planned to kill them.

It's hard to have all the sympathy in the world for two people who were so disrespectful and trashy but again murder is not ok. So of course he has to pay for it which I don't disagree with.

It's just a sad situation all around.
DEEJAYONETWO

Manteca, CA

#89 Jun 27, 2010
KENNEY WAS A DICK FOR PUTTING THE BOULDER THERE
Lee

Vancouver, Canada

#90 Jun 28, 2010
It's interesting how an anonymous message board can bring out some of the most despicable cowards. A defenceless woman was shot in the back along with her husband. There is absolutely nothing in their past that justifies that senseless act.
Cindi

Allen Park, MI

#91 Jun 28, 2010
I just saw this story last night on Dateline & I'm still bothered by it. Mr & Mrs Grimes were not trashy people - they were simply creative and expressed their laid-back, peaceful attitudes on their OWN PROPERTY! Mr Kenney was obviously a control freak who became obsessed with them. His own property didn't look any better - putting firewood in tubs by size doesn't look any better than having it in a pile. You have to wonder about an old man whose wife and kids live in another country. If he so hated his neighbors & couldn't stand what their house looked like, he should have moved. They lived there before he did! Kenney is an evil man who thinks he is entitled to have his way, no matter what. Now, he can rot out the rest of his miserable life in prison. That whole rock thing is sick and from what I saw, the sheriff is a stupid jerk for even allowing him to put it there. I just love these hypocritical church-going types who think the 10 commandments don't apply to them. Now, two innocent people are dead.
Ohio

Columbus, OH

#92 Jun 28, 2010
Poor crazy old man...What hell he had to live through looking at someone's property other than his own. Once which was in a lavish California community surrounded by trees and wild life , And if he couldn't hack it there...He had a whole other home in another country! If the reports are true that someone broke into the Grimes household and took their animals and even poised a dog which had to be the crazy old man...I would have been knocking on his door swinging around a 9mm cocked and ready to put the old man down where he belongs.

Really if you watched the dateline episode on this...The old man was prepared and readying himself to do this horrible act MONTHS before hand. His own daughter explained how odd and strangely he acted and became once he had words with the grimes. He may have had a shot at not being found guilty if the whole incident wasn't recorded on Mrs.Grimes phone while she was on the phone with 911.

Also when did Kenney request for the police to come ? After he shot two innocent people were in no way were a threat to his own life? He requested police while they were placing the boulder in front of the driveway. He KNEW Grimes was going to have a fit , I'm sure he was inside looking out the window until he came home just to see his reaction. Horrible situation and outcome to a petty situation.....And some of you people are truly sick...Letting your real selves show behind a computer screen...Evil suburban soccer moms *shivers*
Aaron- Cleveland

Bay Village, OH

#93 Jun 28, 2010
Kenney is a coward and a piece of crap. Murdered 2 innocent people. So sad when I watched this story on Dateline NBC last night. What a pathetic man he is--he will get what he deserves. What goes around comes back around Mister Kenney
TNmommy

Oakland, TN

#94 Jun 28, 2010
Both sides were to blame as well as the police...Both parties acted ridiculous. That being said. they did not deserve to die but they ALL acted like children about the entire situation.Sad to see this kind if behavior from older adults.My heart goes out to both sides but it does make me think before acting a ass to my neighbors....
Justice supporter

San Clemente, CA

#95 Jun 28, 2010
Just saw the story on Dateline Sunday night.
I am still confused about the argument about the small piece of land that both neighbors were fighting about. How could the one neighbor get delivered a huge bolder and have it placed in the driveway of another neighbor? is this correct or are the two properties an "Easement" style driveway?
how is both lands divided? I agree that the nieghbors were caught up in this feud. The neighbors that were shot should of left this to the police they would still be alive.
If someone knows how the land was divided give me some info I am confused,I am an interested citizen.
Thank you!
Samantha

AOL

#96 Jun 28, 2010
Justice supporter wrote:
Just saw the story on Dateline Sunday night.
I am still confused about the argument about the small piece of land that both neighbors were fighting about. How could the one neighbor get delivered a huge bolder and have it placed in the driveway of another neighbor?
You can find out more about the easement here. Good to know there are thinking people out there who will actually ask questions and try to get all the facts before forming opinions. There should be more people like you.

"a "simple title search" on Kenney's property showed the Grimeses had a right to cross the rectangular piece of land to get to their carport, which they had done for years.
He said the search, completed two weeks ago, also showed Kenney's real estate agent had inquired about the easement and that Kenney signed documents signaling his knowledge when he closed escrow on the Hitchcock Canyon Road property in 1999."

http://www.sourceoftitle.com/blog_node.aspx...
Justice Supporter

San Clemente, CA

#97 Jun 29, 2010
Samantha wrote:
<quoted text>You can find out more about the easement here. Good to know there are thinking people out there who will actually ask questions and try to get all the facts before forming opinions. There should be more people like you.
"a "simple title search" on Kenney's property showed the Grimeses had a right to cross the rectangular piece of land to get to their carport, which they had done for years.
He said the search, completed two weeks ago, also showed Kenney's real estate agent had inquired about the easement and that Kenney signed documents signaling his knowledge when he closed escrow on the Hitchcock Canyon Road property in 1999."
http://www.sourceoftitle.com/blog_node.aspx...
Thank you for replying. Iam a citizen who is deeply involved in true justice. I have my own justice agenda.
This case was so disturbing to say the least. The shooter in court said he was not sad or felt any guilt, because he said he was innocent. That does not make sense to me. No one knows the whole situation unless you lived in the neighborhood and knew of the problem, that's why I get puzzled when I see other comments about this murder case. Because of his selfish act, he has lost his own self respect! He took 2 lifes and now he has no life( not in prison). At least in this case, they do have the murderer and he is where he should be.
Disgusted in GA

Atlanta, GA

#98 Jul 2, 2010
Kenney appeared to be a liar at the trial. Who's to say he didn't lie about the Grimes' driving over his garden (which was only placed there because he was a jerk) and Mrs. Grimes attacking him while he was photographing her weren't lies too? It is a shame that so many lives were ended or ruined. Mr. Kenney should have probably pleaded insanity since I think he was the one with the problem.
ANDRE

Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands

#99 Jul 17, 2010
This is just sickening to me. This Kenney man. HA!! I wish he would have tried this down here in the caribbean. He slaughtered those two people for a stupid freaking piece of Land about 3 feet long!!! Listen down here that man and his whole freaking family would be slaughtered!! And burned!! I feel so sorry for the Grimes family. Watching the episode on the events that occurred on Investigative Discovery brought tears to my eyes...
Vanessa Washington State

Spokane, WA

#100 Jul 17, 2010
Phat Tam Pon wrote:
who pay for rock i deliver. nobody left to pay me. can i take it back?
Do you really want the boulder back? that seems a little selfish to me.. I mean two died..and you want the rock back...please...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carmel Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Parents: Stop giving your kids cell phones Feb 17 Middle School Tea... 1
the music thread (Apr '12) Feb 16 Musikologist 23
News Seaside was set to go big on pot dispensaries. ... Feb 9 Seduciary 2
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Feb 3 Lee 1,558
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Feb 1 doG mnaDed lyHo r... 72,047
Legit black needed ASAP Jan 31 Slimthugga420 3
Trump Aggressive Bed Wetting Jan 29 Moochy 1

Carmel Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carmel Valley Mortgages