Double Homicide In Carmel Valley, Nei...

Double Homicide In Carmel Valley, Neighbor Accused

There are 119 comments on the cbs5.com story from Jan 30, 2007, titled Double Homicide In Carmel Valley, Neighbor Accused. In it, cbs5.com reports that:

An ongoing land dispute could be the motive in a double homicide that took place in Carmel Valley Monday evening, according to the Monterey County Sheriff's office.Deputies were called out to 82 Hitchcock ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at cbs5.com.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Barbara

United States

#1 Jan 30, 2007
Was this the attorney who was killed?
Scooter

United States

#2 Jan 30, 2007
I have heard that the victim was an abusive jerk, and more than likely provoked the attack through relentless badgering and intimidation of the accused perpetrator. This does not excuse the crime by any means. However, one is left to question whether he had it coming. You know what they say about lawyers...
Kristin

Caledonia, MI

#3 Jan 30, 2007
Scooter wrote:
I have heard that the victim was an abusive jerk, and more than likely provoked the attack through relentless badgering and intimidation of the accused perpetrator. This does not excuse the crime by any means. However, one is left to question whether he had it coming. You know what they say about lawyers...
I am a family member of the two who were murdered, the victim was not an abusive jerk, neither of them had it coming. That's just wrong...
Carolyn- Marina CA

AOL

#4 Jan 30, 2007
Kristin wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a family member of the two who were murdered, the victim was not an abusive jerk, neither of them had it coming. That's just wrong...
I met Mel Grimes during a conference with my brother, whom Mr. Grimes helped out in a situation, and my cousin used to work for Mel. My condolances to the family, needless to say, this is very shocking news, such a useless crime. One there is absolutely no excuse for. Sad, very very sad.
Carolyn- Marina CA

AOL

#5 Jan 30, 2007
I don't know how, in Texas, anyone can say what Scooter has said. This is a shocking crime to anyone who knew Mr. Grimes, a shocking, useless crime, and no matter where you are, where you hear about this, some compassion is due the family, friends, and co-workers of this poor couple who died such a useless death. Mr. Grimes was not an abusive jerk, far from it, so people, bite your tongues. Shame on you.
Kristin

Caledonia, MI

#6 Jan 30, 2007
Carolyn- Marina CA wrote:
I don't know how, in Texas, anyone can say what Scooter has said. This is a shocking crime to anyone who knew Mr. Grimes, a shocking, useless crime, and no matter where you are, where you hear about this, some compassion is due the family, friends, and co-workers of this poor couple who died such a useless death. Mr. Grimes was not an abusive jerk, far from it, so people, bite your tongues. Shame on you.
Thank you...

Since: Jan 07

AOL

#7 Jan 30, 2007
Kristin wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you...
You are very welcome. God Bless you and your family, I can't imagine what you are feeling right now.
Peter

AOL

#8 Jan 30, 2007
Mel was a good man. What a sad loss.
CarmelValleyMan

Randallstown, MD

#9 Jan 30, 2007
Both the Grimes were abusive sociopaths who terrorized their direct neighbor Dr. Kenney and caused distress to other neighbors. The facts will emerge at the trial. This having been said, is not to be taken to mean that whatever happened was justified. But to paint the Grimes as anything other than what they actually did would be wide of the mark. Some of their attitudes to their neighbors can be seen painted on a fence on their land: they were a couple who behaved without any sense of neighborliness and were ruthless in attacking anyone who challenged their behavior.
tlc

Marina, CA

#10 Jan 30, 2007
KSBW TV Channel 8 in Salinas has done an excellent job of covering this tragedy. It can be seen on the internet video feed.
ellen

Marina, CA

#11 Jan 31, 2007
Scooter wrote:
HOWDARE YOU...these were friends for many many years and they we both very kind and soft spoken people who are now being mourned by all.Our entire county is stunned.Mel and Elisabeth will be missed greatly.
Scooter

United States

#12 Jan 31, 2007
Murder is wrong. No one deserves it. Even jerks.
joan carmel valley

AOL

#13 Jan 31, 2007
For anybody to say that the Grimes were abusive jerks is unforgivable and shows that they truly do not know them. I have taken care of their animals for years and know them well. They were compassionate and wonderful people and will be truly missed by all. I also knew Mr. Kenny on a casual basis, but feel if you can't say something positive don't say anything at all. Mel and Elizabeth I will be sure that your animals will find loving homes and will be cherished as much as you did. I will miss you, rest in peace.

Joan
Phat Tam Pon

United States

#14 Jan 31, 2007
who pay for rock i deliver. nobody left to pay me. can i take it back?

AOL

#15 Jan 31, 2007
Phat Tam Pon wrote:
who pay for rock i deliver. nobody left to pay me. can i take it back?
Maybe you should wait to see who will be handling Mr. and Mrs. Grimes affairs.
P OShaughnessy

Santa Cruz, CA

#16 Jan 31, 2007
I just want to express how terribly sorry I am to hear of Mel and Elizabeth's deaths. They were both very kind to me when I first came to Monterey. Mel hired me as a legal researcher. Over the years I would hear of Mel's growing reputation as a very good lawyer. He was hugely valuable to the community and it is a great loss of two wonderful people. That their lives should be cut short in this awful way is sickening.

My deepest condolences to the family.

Best, Pam O'Shaughnessy
MontereyRESIDENT 34

Salinas, CA

#17 Jan 31, 2007
Scooter wrote:
You have GOT to be kidding. You don't even know the man. I can tell you right now that Mel Grimes was a VERY popular lawyer while the defendent is a flaming _______hole!
MontereyRESIDENT 34

Salinas, CA

#18 Jan 31, 2007
You have GOT to be kidding. You don't even know the man. While I'd be the first to admit that lawyers aren't my favorite professionals, I KNEW Mel Grimes and it was a wonderful, caring man. Did lots of pro bono work and was a truly caring individual. The idiot that shot him is a maniac of momumental proportions. The whole thing is disgusting and unnecessary.
tlc

Marina, CA

#19 Jan 31, 2007
NEWS FLASH. SHERIFF ERRORED. NOW THE MONTEREY HERALD IS REPORTING THAT THE DEPUTY NEVER WAS PRESENT FOR THE INITIAL DROP OFF OF THE BOULDER.
CHECK OUT THE UPDATED STORY ON THE INTERNET.

AOL

#20 Jan 31, 2007
If you check out the updated story on the Herald internet site, you might find the comments interesting to read also. I know I did. Bottom Line, this was a senseless murder that did not need to happen. A lot of people are putting the blame on the Sheriff's dept. and yes, they were at fault, but, Mr. Kenny is the murderer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carmel Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) May 8 doG mnaDed lyoH i... 72,083
Sendy Russo May 5 Wondering 1
Review: Francis Alwill General Contr (Jul '11) Apr '18 Bob Klinski 7
Legit black needed ASAP Mar '18 pinsnneedles 4
News Not Dead Yet: Squid considers the bizarre encou... Mar '18 raj 3
News Celebrate the Oscars by Visiting Award-Winning ... Feb '18 sarahjacson 1
Lying Cheat Curtis Kipling "Kip" Myers (Dec '16) Dec '17 Yult 9

Carmel Valley Jobs

Personal Finance

Carmel Valley Mortgages