Sex offender Tom Pollacci pleads not guilty to rape

Thomas Pollacci, 49, of Pebble Beach, appears in court Tuesday. He is charged with three felony counts of alleged rape of a woman he brought beaten and unconscious to the emergency room at Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula. Full Story
First Prev
of 18
Next Last
eleve

Pacific Grove, CA

#1 Mar 25, 2009
This article raises so many issues:

Messrs. Worthington and Liu having found "no evidence whatsoever" that the victim was incapable of consent. I believe two undisputed facts in the case are that the woman had a blood alcohol level of 150% of the legal driving limit, as well as a skull fracture and intracranial bleeding. Most people would consider either of those to render a person incapable of consent. No doubt if either of these gentlemen had signed over the contents of their bank accounts in such a state, they would find a legal argument to make disputing the legality of such.

Mr. Worthington also "bemoan[s]" the public's reaction to news of Pollacci's arrest, worrying about the rumors and innuendo circulating on the internet sullying the family name. News flash, Mr. Worthington: intelligent adults are usually able to discern verifiable truth from rumor, innuendo and prevarication, and have come to understand the "information" on the internet is roughly equivalent in reliability to information dispensed by attorneys to the media.

Then there's the defense investigator, Mr. Lee, having "learn[ed] that...Pollacci...is neither a rapist nor a danger.". Is it supposed to be a comfort that this man, who (presumably) never "dated" Pollacci, thinks that? Why would his declaration be more convincing than the statements of the many women who have? Please arrange a "date" for your (daughter/sister/cousin/female loved one) with Tom Pollacci and let us know if you come to the same conclusion.

Lastly, Lee reports that one victim only reported her encounter as a rape after learning that Pollacci was known as a rapist. Is that unusual? What do we know about rape victims? They're ashamed and embarrassed, and fearful that they won't be believed. That does not, of itself, reduce her credibility.
Pyro

Puebla, Mexico

#2 Mar 25, 2009
Defence attorneys get paid big bucks to put spins on the truth, some may want to call them lies.

This little predator needs go away for a long time, hopefully with the normal jail population who will, "take care of bussiness"

Any father who continues to support a 49 year old son who repeately over the past three decades has been a rapist/predator, is just as guilty. How about some tough love dad? Let him answer for his deeds.

Pyro
Churburna, Mexico
Outraged

San Francisco, CA

#4 Mar 25, 2009
Is Tom Pollacci another Michael Olivetti with affluent parents buying off their son's abhorrent, perverse behavior?
Kevin

Seaside, CA

#5 Mar 25, 2009
Sadly, whether or not Pollacci's guilty (and he probably is), this case is going to come down to the fact that the Pacific Grove PD is going to have to overcome their long history of ineptitude when it comes to high profile crimes like this and piece together a solid chain of evidence for the DA to get a conviction. While I am doubtful, I hope I am wrong.
American Patriot

Salinas, CA

#6 Mar 25, 2009
The Pollacci family is all about looking good, making money and callous disregard for the community. They are in part responsible for enabling Tom. They would never hire a stranger with Tom's history to work in their store, nor would nyone else hire him. A lot needs to change with the Pollacci clan. ur community needs to protect itself.
mickey mouse

San Jose, CA

#7 Mar 25, 2009
Boo..HOO..HOO,are we really suposed to feel sorry for this SICKO,I totally agree his family is in denial.Im glad they posted a photo.Poor spoiled Tommy........................
Luck One

AOL

#8 Mar 25, 2009
30 years ago when Mr Pollacci tried to victimize my sister and myself in the middle of the night-- he was met with a 357 pointed at him and was told if he ever returned to our residence he would be "SHOT". Guess it would have saved many people a lot of grief if we had shot him 30 years ago. This guy is truely a menace to society.
Sam

AOL

#9 Mar 25, 2009
Nothing said in these posts matters at all. A jury will decide what matters and that is the bottom line.
Bozotheclown

Salinas, CA

#10 Mar 25, 2009
Sam wrote:
Nothing said in these posts matters at all. A jury will decide what matters and that is the bottom line.
Then why did you bother to post?
fly on wall

Cave Creek, AZ

#11 Mar 25, 2009
I know Tom and have known him for years. Yes he is obnoxious,yes he is too forward,yes,I believe he did some wrong things in his younger years.However I do not believe he would brutally hit this woman over the head,as the newspaper stated,causing a concussion.She says she fell and that makes since to me.Whatever else happened, I have no idea,but I cant imagine him causing such a horrific injury as what happened to this woman.
Sam

Carmel, CA

#12 Mar 25, 2009
Just trying to make a point, that's all.
pacific grove resident

Seaside, CA

#13 Mar 25, 2009
The best encounter that could finally happen to make Tom Pollacci become a new person is to come to surrender to JESUS CHRIST--Short of this....NO HOPE!
eleve

Pacific Grove, CA

#14 Mar 25, 2009
fly on wall wrote:
I know Tom and have known him for years. Yes he is obnoxious,yes he is too forward,yes,I believe he did some wrong things in his younger years.However I do not believe he would brutally hit this woman over the head,as the newspaper stated,causing a concussion.She says she fell and that makes since to me.Whatever else happened, I have no idea,but I cant imagine him causing such a horrific injury as what happened to this woman.
I haven't interpreted what I've read regarding the victim's head injury to mean that he beat her and caused it, although no doubt that is being investigated. The point is that even if she slipped on some ice and hit her head hard enough to cause such an injury, in addition to being intoxicated, she wasn't in a state to consent to sex, as the defense is suggesting she did.
Sheila in Carmel

Aliso Viejo, CA

#15 Mar 25, 2009
I agree with Fly on the Wall as I have also known Tom for many years. The comments here that judge him based on what's written in the paper are entirely unfounded. Leave him alone and let a jury figure it out once they've heard all of the details.
Ex Carmel Valley Resident

Stanford, CA

#16 Mar 26, 2009
I actually remember Tom from when I was in high school during the early 1980s and he was a pervert then. He used to offer to give teenage girls free booze if they would make out with him. He wore incredibly tight jeans and was always inappropriate. Once while I was parked with a female friend on Ocean Avenue, he put his crotch against my driver's window (which thankfully was rolled up) and started stripping. He was/is disgusting. I'm only sorry I didn't report him way back then. Being 17 years old, I was mortified and didn't know what to do.
concerned citizen

Monterey, CA

#17 Mar 27, 2009
I have known Tom for many many years. I have known him well enough to stay clear of him. I recall back around 1980 he was arrested or accussed of raping someone on Highway 68. His father bought him off then, was my understanding. Had that case been allowed to go forward it would have put him in the "system" where he belonged and odds are that alot of women would have been spared alot of grief and pain. Shame on the District Attorneys office as well as Toms father.
It goes to show you, money can buy just about anything.
old local carmel

Watertown, CT

#18 Apr 4, 2009
Ive known tommy for forty years . he uses a tranquilizg drug when he about to his thing. All of us who know him have known this for years . I just wish the police would have tested his victims for any date rape drugs still in their systems
Pat

Salinas, CA

#19 Apr 6, 2009
Outraged wrote:
Is Tom Pollacci another Michael Olivetti with affluent parents buying off their son's abhorrent, perverse behavior?
I thought Olivetti had long ago been forgotten, but you are right -- they are two of a kind.
Anonymous

Salinas, CA

#21 Apr 9, 2009
People say there is a 2-way mirror in Tom's bachelor pad above the liquor store. As anyone can see, there is a dance studio that teaches young children which is also above the liquor store. What was Tom REALLY watching in that mirror?
McAlister

Pebble Beach, CA

#22 Apr 25, 2009
old local carmel wrote:
Ive known tommy for forty years . he uses a tranquilizg drug when he about to his thing. All of us who know him have known this for years . I just wish the police would have tested his victims for any date rape drugs still in their systems
"old local carmel" I know he must have used something to tranquilze me enough to not struggle too much when he tied me to the four bed posts and blind folded me while he brought in a woman to rape me as he took pictures. During this unspeakable act I remember struggling and he laughing. After the woman was done and tommy was done taking photos, they left me tied up and blindfolded while they had sex in the next room where I could hear them. It was and still is a nightmare. This happened almost ten years ago, and I never reported it b/c he always threatened to show the photos to my employer or any one else he chose to show the photos to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carmel Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Eric 70,028
Live Oak stabbing is second in two days (Jun '08) Oct 17 savvylocal 245
International CIT conference comes to Monterey Oct 14 DO Powers 1
Panetta: '30-year war' and a leadership test fo... Oct 9 Boston beaner 6
where can I find heroin in monterey? Oct 8 thazzleb17 2
Panetta: '30-year war' and a leadership test fo... Oct 7 Hoogle It 9
Pacific Grove Girl Chelsie Hills Law suit. Rea... Oct 3 Siding with Toyota 1
Carmel Valley Dating
Find my Match

Carmel Valley Jobs