Judge ups Cachagua man's bail

Judge ups Cachagua man's bail

There are 136 comments on the Monterey County Herald story from Mar 20, 2010, titled Judge ups Cachagua man's bail. In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

The specter of the murders of Mel and Elizabeth Grimes hung heavily in a Salinas courtroom this week as a judge increased bail for a Cachagua man accused of attacking and threatening to kill his neighbor over a long-standing property dispute.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Bluefin

United States

#2 Mar 20, 2010
I think Clarks bail should have been 100,000. We don't need another Mel Grimes & his wife to happen again! I know they said it was a stick, but a stick in the wrong hands could be a deadly weapon. A restraining is only paper, this man has showen deadly threats of violence before!
Dr Cavesa

United States

#3 Mar 20, 2010
I think Clark should be Mayor of Salinas
josie

Salinas, CA

#4 Mar 20, 2010
Was there ever a civil suit by the relatives of the Grimes family against the sheriff dept. for their failure to be on the scene when the boulder was being delivered?
On your own

United States

#5 Mar 20, 2010
josie wrote:
Was there ever a civil suit by the relatives of the Grimes family against the sheriff dept. for their failure to be on the scene when the boulder was being delivered?
If there wasn't, there should have been. I had a somewhat similar situation with a caustic neighbor. The sheriff did show, but then left before I finshed doing what needed to be done on his property. Basically, I was left to deal with it. Very poor service for the money I pay out of my taxes. And you wonder why.
seatravler

Coos Bay, OR

#7 Mar 20, 2010
CAPTAIN INSANO!!!
tom

Mill Valley, CA

#8 Mar 20, 2010
On your own wrote:
<quoted text>
If there wasn't, there should have been. I had a somewhat similar situation with a caustic neighbor. The sheriff did show, but then left before I finshed doing what needed to be done on his property. Basically, I was left to deal with it. Very poor service for the money I pay out of my taxes. And you wonder why.
if you go on other people's property, you should be left to deal with it.
number 9

United States

#9 Mar 20, 2010
It's a pity and a damn shame that the MO.CO. Sheriffs Dept., at the time, "didn't take seriously" the situation that caused the deaths of Mel and Elizabeth Grimes. Another fact in the case that should have been addressed "seriously", was the advise of John Kenneys' attorney to place a boulder on the property. That was the deciding factor in their murders. Charges also should have been filied against the attorney, his action caused their deaths. He probably was fed up with his client Kenney constantly hounding him about this dispute. To quote the great Yogi Berra, " It's deja vu all over again". This man?, Clark, is a danger to society!, and he should be taken "VERY SERIOUSLY".
Murphy

Pacific Grove, CA

#10 Mar 20, 2010
Mel grimes did not deserve to die but he should have called the Sheriffs Dept. for advice or assistance before taking a sledgehammer out to the boulder. He was an attorney for Gods sake and should have known better. He should have utilized his legal expertise or hired an attorney like the rest of us has to when faced with a legal battle. He lost his temper, thought he was above the law and it cost him both his and his wife's life. Poor judgment plain and simple. P.S. when you only have one or two deputies to cover all of Big Sur, Pebble Beach and Carmel Valley, you can't expect them to camp on your property forhours waiting for a landscaping delivery.

Since: Sep 09

Carmel Valley, CA

#11 Mar 20, 2010
This isn't actually about Mel and Elizabeth Grimes but the point should be addressed.

I'm wondering why the Sheriff's Department is being blamed rather than the shooter. There actually was a Sheriff's Deputy on the property shortly after the boulder was delivered and placed at the site.

The shooting took place several hours after the deputy had been present and had left with the approval of Mr. Kinney.

So what I'm hearing here is that there should have been a deputy on the property 24/7 because we pay taxes and that's what we deserve? Or that the Sheriff's Department should have intuited that an 'incident' might happen at a given moment?

How about placing the blame where the blame lies - on Mr. Kinney.

Carmel Valley, CA

#12 Mar 20, 2010
Sorry, that's Kenney - not Kinney.

Carmel Valley, CA

#13 Mar 20, 2010
Murphy wrote:
Mel grimes did not deserve to die but he should have called the Sheriffs Dept. for advice or assistance before taking a sledgehammer out to the boulder. He was an attorney for Gods sake and should have known better. He should have utilized his legal expertise or hired an attorney like the rest of us has to when faced with a legal battle. He lost his temper, thought he was above the law and it cost him both his and his wife's life. Poor judgment plain and simple. P.S. when you only have one or two deputies to cover all of Big Sur, Pebble Beach and Carmel Valley, you can't expect them to camp on your property forhours waiting for a landscaping delivery.
Interesting - so it was Mel's fault that he and Elizabeth were murdered? Mel knew that John Kenney was going to come over with a gun and shoot him? Blaming the victim?
Observer

Salinas, CA

#15 Mar 20, 2010
If Clark had hit me with anything I doubt he'd ever hit anyone again.
Tough Guy Dumas

Salinas, CA

#16 Mar 20, 2010
Observer wrote:
Wow!!! your a real tough guy arn't you !!! Mr anonymity!!!
Observer

Salinas, CA

#17 Mar 20, 2010
Tough Guy Dumas wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!!! your a real tough guy arn't you !!! Mr anonymity!!!
I'm as anonymous as you are, and I can spell better. You = owned! LOL
StanC

Salinas, CA

#20 Mar 20, 2010
Observer wrote:
Who cares? This isn't about you ??????
Observer

Salinas, CA

#24 Mar 21, 2010
Silent Middle wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually agree with the " Tough Guy", your original post was stupid, off topic, and self serving and brought nothing to the topic. I would take the " Meth Head" to knock your arse out in one punch!
I play by different rules. I'm not originally from California.
Murphy

Pacific Grove, CA

#25 Mar 21, 2010
No Sunnycali your missing the point, that not what I ment. Read it again real slow this time...
Murphy

Pacific Grove, CA

#26 Mar 21, 2010
Sorry for the spelling error.
Different Rules

Salinas, CA

#27 Mar 21, 2010
Observer wrote:
<quoted text> I play by different rules. I'm not originally from California.
I know, I know, everybody's a tough guy when their not from CALI, Easy there FRANCIS. please tell us what rules you play by just in case we ever meet so we can steer clear of you, Oh thats right, your hiding behind a computer screen and a key board, You would probably Shart in your pants if this guy ever really came at you!!!

Carmel Valley, CA

#28 Mar 21, 2010
Murphy wrote:
No Sunnycali your missing the point, that not what I ment. Read it again real slow this time...
I read it r e a l slow the first time. You stated that: "He [Mel Grimes] lost his temper, thought he was above the law and it cost him both his and his wife's life. Poor judgment plain and simple.

There's actually no way that you know exactly what occurred since two of the three observers to the incident were murdered and the third observer had a vested interest in making Mel and Elizabeth sound angry and threatening. From Elizabeth's 911 call, I don't think that it sounded the way that Mr Kenney claimed.

So I have to stick by my original reply to you. This is blaming the victim.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carmel Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Monterey Public Officials VIOLATING FEDERAL LAWS Tue Un agenda 21 and ... 4
News Double Homicide In Carmel Valley, Neighbor Accused (Jan '07) May 25 Mark 119
public officials violating federal laws May 24 Un agenda 21 and ... 3
the music thread (Apr '12) May 23 Musikologist 19
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) May 23 ikestubbs 1,535
News Letters: Charter application superior (Jan '11) May 21 Yin Simons 13
News Police: Armed robbery at Santa Cruz sandwich sh... May 11 bump 1
More from around the web

Carmel Valley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]