Alternative Hip Replacement Technique Results in Faster Recovery

Feb 4, 2013 Full story: UC San Diego

University of California, San Diego Health System is one of only a few hospitals in the nation to offer computer-assisted navigation technology with the direct anterior hip replacement technique, potentially resulting in less pain, faster recovery and fewer dislocations for patients with osteoarthritis and other forms of degenerative joint disease.

Full Story
Rizza

Dallas, TX

#1 Feb 8, 2013
Any advance in the technology of hip replacement is always very welcome to patients. This can make the lives of people suffering from arthritis more manageable and the earlier they can return to a semblance of normalcy in their lives will always be appreciated. It would also help if new techniques are developed that would make it easier for those who suffered due to hip replacement failure such as the Depu ASR hip systems. http://www.depuyasrhiplawsuit.com
Candice

Kansas City, MO

#2 Feb 9, 2013
This new method of hip replacement will truly bring comfort to those living in despair because of their condition. A new beginning is within their reach. I just hope that this will not bring complications to its patients like what happened to traditional hip replacements. It is not easy having to live life with a faulty hip implant. Read more here http://www.strykerhipreplacementrecall.net/la...
Chanda

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Mar 15, 2013
I sure hope this doesn't backfire in the years to come. After all, the hip replacement devices that have been associated with complications, such as metal-on-metal hip devices listed in http://www.rotlaw.com/hip-replacement-lawsuit... , were previously thought to be "better" than traditional hip implants made of plastic and ceramic. But look what happened now? Hip replacement recall, left and right!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carmel Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 2 hr TWP 5,078
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 3 hr Pizza 16,000
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 4 hr take a number 200,967
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 4 hr nickled 2,269
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 hr Eric 69,380
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Wed Blazing saddles 7,954
The inconvenient 17-year pause in global warming (Sep '13) Sep 12 Earthling-1 123
•••
•••
Carmel Valley Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Carmel Valley Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Carmel Valley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE