Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2011

Judged:

Ok, so there is some weird low frequency hum that is pretty much constant at our house the last few days. I've heard it sporadically over the last few months, but has been constant for the last 3 days. There is no construction around and its not coming from within the house that i can tell. It is very faint, but easily heard in a quite room.....such as when your trying to sleep. It is extremely annoying. Oh, my wife can hear it too. I could only think that it is a vibration from some heavy mining machinery at the quarry about 3 miles away. I've even called into the police to see if any one else had complained. I've been researching and i have not idea. Though i did find this http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4090 , which mentions a crazy hum in kokomo amongst other places, but provides no answers. Anyone else experiencing this?
Concerned in Carmel Ind

Cross Plains, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2011

Judged:

YES. About 5 miles away!
Sheriff Taylor

Valparaiso, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

Well, what happened to that hum down south.

I'm in NW INdiana and have been documenting intermittent, low frequency hum for past few days.

It is not constant hum and can be heard at different times of the day, and rarely for the entire day.

Last night I heard it "starting" at 2 am and by 4am it was the normal intermittent pattern (on-off-on-off) and within 12 hours it was gone.

Have lived here for FIVE years without incident, and there is no industry or construction nearby. Underground utilities have me wondering if that could be the source. I recall watching utility company replacing underground cable that was faulty, but this community is only 12 years old.
Kelsey

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

Wow, am I the only one who thinks thats FREAKY?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Carmel Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Carmel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••