Two Santa Cruz men die in car crash

Two Santa Cruz men and an unidentified male passenger died in a single-car crash Friday in Monterey County, according to the California Highway Patrol. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Juan

Santa Cruz, CA

#2 Sep 6, 2008
I dont drink anymore. Drinking caused too much trouble in my life and others.
Thank God they did not veer into oncoming traffic.
Live_Oak_Mommy

Felton, CA

#3 Sep 6, 2008
Some poor mother lost her twins sons yesterday. I have twin sons; I can't begin to imagine.... Blessings to the families of the deceased. Drunk driving, even in broad daylight is stupid....
By the way, the real Robert Brunette lives in Boulder Creek, not Carmel Valley, duh.
Cities are

United States

#6 Sep 6, 2008
tied to your ISP main feed.

You have to register to get your city right
to Robert

San Francisco, CA

#9 Sep 6, 2008
She doesn't mean the city that keeps popping up under your name. She means the fact that you claim you were walking your dogs in Carmel Valley. That's a little bit of a long walk don't you think? Whoever you are, you are so lame! Can't spell or write and you are not funny. Speaking of funny though, don't miss the Brian Regan special on TV tonight. Now HE is funny.
Brian Regan

San Francisco, CA

#10 Sep 6, 2008
"Oh, I see where where you're going with this."

“Let her cry, for she's a Lady”

Since: Apr 08

Let her dream, she's a Child

#11 Sep 6, 2008
Death is awful, losing a child, is the worst, I can assure you, losing any loved one, just hurts too much.

Side Note:
Anyone notice this copy writer really loved the phrase according to the CHP (well once it said California Highway Patrol)?

As Always,
Cherish Your Loved Ones.
Sum Dim

United States

#12 Sep 6, 2008
"The cause of the accident is under investigation..."

Hmmm, yes. This is a thorny conundrum indeed. Wrapped in a riddle, enveloped in mystery. Now what could possibly have caused these three to drive right into a tree at 20 miles over the speed limit on a curvy road?

Well, get to it Deputy Fife, and report back. I'll be at Aunt Bea's, muckin' out the horse's stall.
Dear Pixie

San Francisco, CA

#13 Sep 6, 2008
I am sorry but this forum is for cynical bitter negative comments. I believe the paranoids voice their opinions down on Pacific Avenue. But just for fun, what do you mean did any of us notice the writer said "CHP" instead of "California Highway Patrol?" What are the voices telling you about significance of that?
Jack

Killeen, TX

#14 Sep 6, 2008
who cares? Thats 2 less asshats that will kill someones family with their piss poor decisions. It aint like they were never told not to drink n drive. Skrew em..
noLitMajor

San Jose, CA

#15 Sep 6, 2008
Dear Pixie wrote:
I am sorry but this forum is for cynical bitter negative comments. I believe the paranoids voice their opinions down on Pacific Avenue. But just for fun, what do you mean did any of us notice the writer said "CHP" instead of "California Highway Patrol?" What are the voices telling you about significance of that?
I'm pretty sure she wasn't being paranoid, but pointing out the fact that the author of the article used the phrase "According to the CHP/California Hwy Patrol" 4 times in the story, which is weak writing technique.
SSK

San Jose, CA

#16 Sep 6, 2008
Thanks for your blog.
There is still a grieving family that has to bury two brothers or two sons, a little boy that will never know his uncles . To most of you it is just more news to the rest of us they were really good men despite everything they struggled with. So if you didn't know them why do you feel the need want to speak ill of the deceased.
Jack

Killeen, TX

#17 Sep 6, 2008
So if you didn't know them why do you feel the need want to speak ill of the deceased.

Because its jagoffs like these that kill or main thousands of people every year after being told time and time again to NOT drink and drive. They dug their own graves...as i said. Skrew Em.

“Let her cry, for she's a Lady”

Since: Apr 08

Let her dream, she's a Child

#18 Sep 7, 2008
noLitMajor wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure she wasn't being paranoid, but pointing out the fact that the author of the article used the phrase "According to the CHP/California Hwy Patrol" 4 times in the story, which is weak writing technique.
Exactly! Thank You, Very Much.
:)
Art Vandelay

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Sep 7, 2008
I believe it's called 'natural selection'. These people who drink and drive will not be breeding. Fortunately, they didn't kill any innocent non drinking drivers who were obeying the speed limit.
The same goes for bicyclists who don't obey the rules or snowboarders or hikers who go where they're not supposed to. How about we save our sympathies for the truly innocent victims of accidents in life.
EHSclassOf72

San Jose, CA

#20 Sep 7, 2008
Twins?? Wow.. They arrived together and left together.. That's all very interesting.

Since: Aug 08

Santa Cruz, CA

#21 Sep 7, 2008
Jack wrote:
So if you didn't know them why do you feel the need want to speak ill of the deceased.
Because its jagoffs like these that kill or main thousands of people every year after being told time and time again to NOT drink and drive. They dug their own graves...as i said. Skrew Em.
Could you be any more filled with hate?
Jack

Killeen, TX

#22 Sep 7, 2008
LiveOakLiving wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you be any more filled with hate?
Could you be any more filled with 'tolerance'?
locals ONLY

Sunnyvale, CA

#23 Sep 7, 2008
Pixie_Vampyress wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! Thank You, Very Much.
:)
YOur lame your making acusations that the driver was drunk just cause their were beer containers in the car< Andy Holmen was a great surfboard shaper who had been sober for a long time and If he was drunk or just a bad driver like most of u idiots! He will be missed by many and we are grieving just like u will one day but guess what no one will give a dam about u and your loved one either so just remember we are all connected and when someone dies it's sad and it hurts let alone when some douche bag writes out of his ass without thinking,LAME DUDE U suck!!! Santa CRUZ West siders will be missing him, rest in Peace Andy....SURF and Destroy!!!
R I P

Santa Cruz, CA

#24 Sep 8, 2008
These three guys were all good guys who had personal inner struggles with alcohol. Andy was an amazing surfer in his earlier years and even shaped some pretty good boards. He surfed NB's like no one else could. Andy just got out of rehab and REALLY was trying to stay sober. All three of these guys will be missed on the westside. A paddle will be held at NB's for these guys soon. Word will be out soon about their memorial paddle.
RIP

Santa Cruz, CA

#25 Sep 10, 2008
There will be a memorial for these guys at Deanza Mobile Home Park rec room this Friday at 6pm.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carmel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Almost amish 71,696
News Homicide suspect Victor Cabrera has long histor... (Oct '08) Tue mando 12
News Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Mar 20 Gary 16
Review: Salazar Auto Repair (Sep '13) Mar 10 fed up 3
News Ezekiel Lopez-Figueroa at his sentencing this m... (Dec '11) Mar 5 Carlos Slim 14
Theater listings: ARIELa s a Tikki,a a a Foxfir... Mar 5 compassionate gra... 1
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Mar 3 Joe Balls 1,530
Carmel Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Carmel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]