Crematorium in Carlsborg, WA

Posted in the Carlsborg Forum

Ann Nichols

Sequim, WA

#1 Jul 10, 2008
I just read something interesting about Crematoriums, and their omissions, in the August 2008 Popular Mechanics. The man who would like to put a crematorium in Carlsborg claims that there are no environmental hazards with the burning of human bodies. This article states that there indeed are dangers: cremation produces carbon dioxide from body tissues and releases mercury from dental fillings.
Juan DeFucan

Puyallup, WA

#2 Jul 10, 2008
Burning wood in your fireplace or woodstove is worse for the environment than cremating remains. I am not sure about the mercury.

Seems to me cremating someone is more eco friendly than lining the dead up in coffins underground possibly polluting the water table.

I wonder if they could not scrub out mercury vapor in a crematorium. They do it elsewhere for dangerous gasses. Maybe they do it for mercury.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlsborg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Corruption in Clallam County. (Feb '09) Oct 29 ronirogers 28
Joe Soucheray: The mind of the winter bicyclist (Jan '11) Oct 24 BoHawg 104
Fire in recycling area at Port Townsend Paper mill (May '13) Oct '14 Have A Koch And A... 2
Yes, riders should pay more to use Washington f... (Aug '13) Oct '14 Ghost of Jeb 3
Want a woman Sep '14 Batmanforlife 1
Review: Montevista Medicinal Herb Farm Inc Sep '14 rachel 1
Deputies trying to identify man tangled in wire... (Jan '13) Aug '14 walkerwilliam91 3

Carlsborg News Video

Carlsborg Dating
Find my Match

Carlsborg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Carlsborg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Carlsborg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM