Border Patrol Captures ..

Posted in the Carlsborg Forum

Harry

La Junta, CO

#1 May 29, 2009
a ninteen ft. abandoned boat:
By Rob Ollikainen
Peninsula Daily NewsPORT ANGELES -- An anonymous tip led to the arrest of three Canadian citizens who had entered the U.S. illegally by boat, the U.S. Border Patrol said Thursday.
Agents thwarted the human smuggling attempt last Friday after receiving a tip of a boat beached about 10 miles west of Joyce, said Chris Dyer, supervisory Border Patrol agent in Port Angeles.
The agents discovered two Canadian citizens who had entered the country on a 19-foot vessel and a third Canadian citizen who was driving a getaway vehicle, they said.
All three were arrested, and the boat was seized.
"There were several agents involved in that arrest," Dyer said.
Dyer said he is not permitted to disclose the names of the people detained.
Awaiting hearing
The Canadian citizens are in custody in Tacoma awaiting deportation back to Canada.
"They are currently detained at the Northwest Detention Center awaiting a hearing," Dyer said.
"We appreciate the community's involvement to increase their security and safety by reporting what may seem to be unusual activities," said Todd McCool, Border Patrol agent in charge in Port Angeles, in a statement.
Dyer said it is not unusual for the public to leave anonymous tips with the Border Patrol.
"We've been doing a lot of public outreach in recent month," Dyer said.
He said the Border Patrol is operating with limited resources, and he encouraged the public to report suspicious activity.
The 24-hour hot line is.
________
Reporter Rob Ollikainen can be reached at or at rob.ollikainen@peninsuladailyn ews.com.
Harry

La Junta, CO

#2 May 29, 2009
Let me break this ‘’news worthy’’ Border Patrol foiled ‘’Human Smuggling’’ capper down for those of you who have trouble understanding such ‘’detailed’’ press releases from the Patrol:

First point: despite the large amounts of cash we taxpayers hand over to this Fed agency each year, it wasn’t the agency which discovered this Human Smuggling attempt…no they ‘’received a tip that a boat was laying on the beach.’’ Next we have untold numbers of agents responding to the crime scene. Once on site they locate the boat, and two Canadian citizens….doing exactly what I don’t know. I presume that since the Border Patrol was able to actually catch them they were probably in the middle of a nap, or stoned out of their minds? But I really don’t know because their press release is so poorly detailed. I suppose, and as perhaps the Border Patrol might think, I could just assume that they were really desperate criminal types, and that all of these responding agents are heroes, who got the drop on these bad guys…with no bloodshed. Yes, lets go with that thought.
Remember now, we have two [2] in custody at this point in the breakdown: now comes the third, another ‘’Canadian citizen who was driving a getaway vehicle’’. Two apparently arrived by boat and one by ‘’getaway vehicle’’? All three are Canadian citizens. I made several calls to the Border Patrol up there today trying to learn what type of vehicle this ‘’getaway vehicle’’ was, only to speak with a bunch of confused people who knew not a damn thing about this big Human Smuggling attempt, except for two: one was the reporter who wrote up the article as it appears here, and the other the Border Patrol agent who wrote the actual press release. I questioned each one of these two people, the puppets who must try to make reading material out of such nonsense. Neither one of them could explain what the ‘’getaway vehicle’’ actually was, nor could they explain why it was not seized along with the boat. Keep in mind the third person arrested was ‘’driving the getaway vehicle’’, plenty of grounds to seize it.,,,the boat I don't know.
I also quizzed the two as to why, if this were in fact as presented in the article a ‘’Human Smuggling attempt’’ why then were all three of these people ‘’in Tacoma awaiting deportation back to Canada.’’? The reporter (which didn’t do his job) pulled out the ole ‘’we are planning a follow up’’ card. The Border Patrol agent pulled out his ole:‘’ The case is under investigation’’ card. When pressed however with ‘who it was actually that was doing the investigation’, and if so why were the ONLY witnesses to the crime of Human Smuggling being quickly deported out of the Country, that he fessed up that he didn’t know jack about the event except what someone had shoved under his nose so he could send out this glowing press release about much of nothing! Trust me folks, if this event was in fact that of Human Smuggling the Border Patrol wouldn’t be the agency investigating it. Nor would the witnesses be being deported as it states in the article. Nor would we even know about the boat, and the three people until the case was rapped up. Rapped up as in Smugglers arrested and a lot more assets seized than a 19ft. Boat!! Yes we certainly need more Border Patrol…like need a hole in the roof when it rains!
Been There Did That

Denver, CO

#3 Jun 4, 2009
Harry I'm laughing my butt off! I can picture what a hornet nest your post here have stirred up at the local and sector Border Patrol! Love it man!
Harry wrote:
a ninteen ft. abandoned boat:
By Rob Ollikainen
Peninsula Daily NewsPORT ANGELES -- An anonymous tip led to the arrest of three Canadian citizens who had entered the U.S. illegally by boat, the U.S. Border Patrol said Thursday.
Agents thwarted the human smuggling attempt last Friday after receiving a tip of a boat beached about 10 miles west of Joyce, said Chris Dyer, supervisory Border Patrol agent in Port Angeles.
The agents discovered two Canadian citizens who had entered the country on a 19-foot vessel and a third Canadian citizen who was driving a getaway vehicle, they said.
All three were arrested, and the boat was seized.
"There were several agents involved in that arrest," Dyer said.
Dyer said he is not permitted to disclose the names of the people detained.
Awaiting hearing
The Canadian citizens are in custody in Tacoma awaiting deportation back to Canada.
"They are currently detained at the Northwest Detention Center awaiting a hearing," Dyer said.
"We appreciate the community's involvement to increase their security and safety by reporting what may seem to be unusual activities," said Todd McCool, Border Patrol agent in charge in Port Angeles, in a statement.
Dyer said it is not unusual for the public to leave anonymous tips with the Border Patrol.
"We've been doing a lot of public outreach in recent month," Dyer said.
He said the Border Patrol is operating with limited resources, and he encouraged the public to report suspicious activity.
The 24-hour hot line is.
________
Reporter Rob Ollikainen can be reached at or at rob.ollikainen@peninsuladailyn ews.com.
Someone in the Knowing

Lawrenceburg, TN

#4 Feb 28, 2013
Your a real dumb ass. You don't know anything. You smoke your POT sitting on your ass collecting benefits and you think you have a say in this world. You don't. Also, how could you,living in Colorado, know a single thing about the border????? Have you ever been to Port Angeles?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlsborg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Corruption in Clallam County. (Feb '09) Jan '15 annonomus 28
Music anyone? (Jun '13) Dec '14 Texas Pete 7
Broken treetop hanging on wire gets holiday decor Dec '14 Joke of the Day 8
Joe Soucheray: The mind of the winter bicyclist (Jan '11) Oct '14 BoHawg 104
Fire in recycling area at Port Townsend Paper mill (May '13) Oct '14 Have A Koch And A... 2
Debate: Health Care - Carlsborg, WA (Oct '09) Oct '09 Richard 1
Gravel pit area leveled into ferry parking lot (Jan '09) Jan '09 what 1

Carlsborg News Video

Carlsborg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Carlsborg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:06 pm PST

Bleacher Report12:06PM
Buzz: OAK Won't 'Overspend' in Free Agency, Saving for Carr
Bleacher Report 3:25 PM
Seahawks Sign OLB Mister Alexander
Bleacher Report11:01 PM
Raiders' Final Free-Agency Outlook and Predictions
Bleacher Report 9:28 AM
MJD Compares New Raiders HC Del Rio to Frank Underwood
Bleacher Report 1:03 PM
Fact/Fiction: Raiders to Be Big Factors on Cobb, Suh?