First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Paw

Artesia, NM

#1 Jan 17, 2014
Does anyone know what happened to the homeless lady. Haven't seen her in a while.
Wondering Also

Carlsbad, NM

#2 Jan 17, 2014
I've been wondering about that also. We haven't seen her in nearly 2 weeks. Has she moved on or been arrested for something?
Resident Carlsbad

Lovington, NM

#3 Jan 17, 2014
Oh I hope she's ok! My husband and I always see her and we also noticed that she isn't around lately.
Wondering Also

Carlsbad, NM

#4 Jan 21, 2014
I read on a Facebook page that someone packed her and her things up and took her to Dell City where she is supposed to own some land. I hope that it what has really happened with her.
Carlsbad NM

Lovington, NM

#5 Jan 21, 2014
Wondering Also wrote:
I read on a Facebook page that someone packed her and her things up and took her to Dell City where she is supposed to own some land. I hope that it what has really happened with her.
That's not true. That woman has serious emotional issues, and only an idiot would think that she had money or land! Don't believe everything you read on facebook!
Wondering Also

Carlsbad, NM

#6 Jan 22, 2014
Carlsbad NM wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not true. That woman has serious emotional issues, and only an idiot would think that she had money or land! Don't believe everything you read on facebook!
Since you are so knowledgeable, perhaps you can enlighten us as to where she is since she has not been seen around town in several weeks.
Missi

Carlsbad, NM

#7 Jan 22, 2014
I've heard the stories too of her owning land in Dell City. I don't know if she does or not, but....if she THINKS she does it is possible that she could have gotten someone to take her there. I cannot remember the last time I saw her and I'm on S. Canal a lot. A friend from El Paso who was visiting me saw her a while back and said she is sure she used to be homeless in El Paso about 6 years ago.
Carlsbad NM

Lovington, NM

#8 Jan 22, 2014
Missi wrote:
I've heard the stories too of her owning land in Dell City. I don't know if she does or not, but....if she THINKS she does it is possible that she could have gotten someone to take her there. I cannot remember the last time I saw her and I'm on S. Canal a lot. A friend from El Paso who was visiting me saw her a while back and said she is sure she used to be homeless in El Paso about 6 years ago.
Her name is Laura, and she has emotional issues. She was here six years ago.
Carlsbad NM

Lovington, NM

#9 Jan 22, 2014
I didn't claim to know where she is or what has happened to her, but I'm smart enough to not believe everything written on facebook or rumors about her being rich and owning land!
Wondering Also

Carlsbad, NM

#10 Jan 22, 2014
OK, you are claiming that Laura has emotional issues (I think she is just plain nuts). I never said she was rich, nor do I believe everything I read on Facebook. The person making the claim that someone took her to Dell City was adamant about it. Do you know for a fact that she does not own land in Dell City? Or are you just assuming? As someone above said, if she truly thinks she owns land, is it not possible that some good hearted soul (yes, they do exist) may have taken her there thinking she might be safer? You can say whatever you want, but the fact remains that she does not appear to be in Carlsbad any longer and has obviously gone somewhere. And, by the way, only an idiot would assume that a mentally unstable person could not possibly own anything.
Carlsbad NM

Lovington, NM

#11 Jan 22, 2014
Wondering Also wrote:
OK, you are claiming that Laura has emotional issues (I think she is just plain nuts). I never said she was rich, nor do I believe everything I read on Facebook. The person making the claim that someone took her to Dell City was adamant about it. Do you know for a fact that she does not own land in Dell City? Or are you just assuming? As someone above said, if she truly thinks she owns land, is it not possible that some good hearted soul (yes, they do exist) may have taken her there thinking she might be safer? You can say whatever you want, but the fact remains that she does not appear to be in Carlsbad any longer and has obviously gone somewhere. And, by the way, only an idiot would assume that a mentally unstable person could not possibly own anything.
Where did I state that a mentally unstable person cannot own anything? Can you not comprehend what you read? I do know that SHE doesn't own land anywhere! I don't for one minute believe that someone took her and her whole shopping cart filled with her stuff and her animals(cats and dog) anywhere! Laura has been on the streets in Carlsbad for many years and we all know that.
Sarcasm

Carlsbad, NM

#12 Jan 22, 2014
Carlsbad NM wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I state that a mentally unstable person cannot own anything? Can you not comprehend what you read? I do know that SHE doesn't own land anywhere! I don't for one minute believe that someone took her and her whole shopping cart filled with her stuff and her animals(cats and dog) anywhere! Laura has been on the streets in Carlsbad for many years and we all know that.
I'm going to take your advice and not believe anything you say.
You know, reading it online and all...
Carlsbad NM

Lovington, NM

#13 Jan 22, 2014
Sarcasm wrote:
<quoted text>
Good! lol
Carlsbad NM

Lovington, NM

#14 Jan 22, 2014
Sarcasm wrote:
<quoted text>
Good! lol
Curious

Espanola, NM

#15 Jan 22, 2014
I heard that an 18 wheeler hit her shopping cart over by Foster sheet metal, don't know if she or her dogs were injured. I hope she is all right.

Since: Feb 09

Carlsbad, NM

#16 Jan 23, 2014
she herself said in an interview in the paper a while back said she owned land in dell city....given to her by her aunt....she called herself lady bug sam and said she was here only long enough to make enough money to retire to dell city......land in dell city was really cheap years ago so owning it doesnt make her rich....she was in el paso also years ago because she said so herself...she said she came to carlsbad because people in el paso didnt give enough....just like christians....she said christians were the worst for donating to her....well...that ruined it for me.....she never got any of my money after that.....she was an eyesore to the city and people are better off donating to worthy charities.....i go and play racquetball and take donuts from albertsons that i have them mark down ....that is something i would rather do with my money....one time i took my grandson and bought for lil caesers pizza....he asked me why four.....i said one for him.....and the other three for the kids at the rec....he was like...no....lets take them home...they can buy their own or their parents can...they have parents.....i told him.....so do you....since his dad is a xbox and drug junkie....he reluctantly got down with all the boxes after he had a few pieces.....my point here....is lets give to those who need it.....without being asked....just look for ways to help others....not the scam artist that hang out on the corners holding signs...
Gone Too Far

Lovington, NM

#17 Jan 23, 2014
ellvis wrote:
she herself said in an interview in the paper a while back said she owned land in dell city....given to her by her aunt....she called herself lady bug sam and said she was here only long enough to make enough money to retire to dell city......land in dell city was really cheap years ago so owning it doesnt make her rich....she was in el paso also years ago because she said so herself...she said she came to carlsbad because people in el paso didnt give enough....just like christians....she said christians were the worst for donating to her....well...that ruined it for me.....she never got any of my money after that.....she was an eyesore to the city and people are better off donating to worthy charities.....i go and play racquetball and take donuts from albertsons that i have them mark down ....that is something i would rather do with my money....one time i took my grandson and bought for lil caesers pizza....he asked me why four.....i said one for him.....and the other three for the kids at the rec....he was like...no....lets take them home...they can buy their own or their parents can...they have parents.....i told him.....so do you....since his dad is a xbox and drug junkie....he reluctantly got down with all the boxes after he had a few pieces.....my point here....is lets give to those who need it.....without being asked....just look for ways to help others....not the scam artist that hang out on the corners holding signs...
She herself said? Dude. she was crazy! Sounds like you're even crazier!!
boomer

Carlsbad, NM

#18 Jan 23, 2014
Gone Too Far wrote:
<quoted text>
She herself said? Dude. she was crazy! Sounds like you're even crazier!!
Crazy? The know it all carlsbad nm says she has emotional issues. He's an expert you know
Gone too far

Lovington, NM

#19 Jan 23, 2014
boomer wrote:
<quoted text>
Crazy? The know it all carlsbad nm says she has emotional issues. He's an expert you know
Yeah, but he/she makes more sense than any of you all! Just sayin'
Wondering Also

Carlsbad, NM

#20 Jan 23, 2014
Carlsbad NM wrote:
<quoted text>
And you know that she does not own land how? Are you a relative? Her confidant? Her psychiatrist? You proclaim over and over that she does not own land in Dell City but offer nothing that proves that this is anything more than an assumption on your part. Personally, I don't care either way whether she does or does not. I would just like to know that she is safe somewhere and that no harm has come to her. She may be emotionally unstable but she is still a human being.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlsbad Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Frankenfool. Is He, who he says, he is? 1 hr Frankenfool 5
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) 2 hr _Peach_ 9,553
Cavetown gets a starfucks.... 5 hr Frankenfool 67
I am the MALE Rachel Dolezal 6 hr MrTibbs 16
Grade School / Colleges and Universities 14 hr MrTibbs 8
Watch out boys here she comes Mon MrTibbs 1
La Huerta residents complain to city council Mon MrTibbs 3

Carlsbad Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance