Fire burned overnight near Carlsbad

Fire burned overnight near Carlsbad

There are 28 comments on the KOB-TV story from Apr 9, 2013, titled Fire burned overnight near Carlsbad. In it, KOB-TV reports that:

Our partners at the Carlsbad Current Argus say the fire burned near the Lower Tansill Dam on the Pecos River and reached the Carlsbad Veterans Memorial Park.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB-TV.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Citizen

Hobbs, NM

#1 Apr 9, 2013
Was it near the homeless camp there where they found the body a few month back?
No Golden China

Carlsbad, NM

#2 Apr 9, 2013
Yes, it was near the homeless camp.
Jimmy Olsen

Carlsbad, NM

#3 Apr 9, 2013
Reports of the fire have been on two ABQ TV stations, but not a word of it in the Carlsbad, NM Current Argus on-line edition. What a joke of an excuse for a newspaper. Why any one would pay for it is a mystery.
curious

Carlsbad, NM

#4 Apr 9, 2013
Since there are posted signs to not trespass where that homeless camp is and the cops all know about it...why don't they do anything to prevent this? I've walked around out there...it's disgusting. With trash and laundry hanging on trees, piles of junk and old furniture, it's a disgrace to our city. We need a homeless shelter here and the cops need to enforce the laws. The firefighters can't do a boot drive but homeless can ask for money at Wal-Mart on a daily basis (and Churches too)

Since: Feb 09

Carlsbad, NM

#5 Apr 10, 2013
the tresspassing sign is not for the homeless....since they live there...its for you dummies that think they can go wandering in the sticks and better not find anyone camping out there and making them feel uncomfortable when they are out enjoying their walk....the homeless there are actually not homeless because they consider this their home....this has been the way it is for more than a century....people living in the same area as these camps and along the higher ground for more than that....that is why the city doesnt mess with them and you should not get offended that they are there since that is there home....
Lori

Hobbs, NM

#6 Apr 10, 2013
ellvis wrote:
the tresspassing sign is not for the homeless....since they live there...its for you dummies that think they can go wandering in the sticks and better not find anyone camping out there and making them feel uncomfortable when they are out enjoying their walk....the homeless there are actually not homeless because they consider this their home....this has been the way it is for more than a century....people living in the same area as these camps and along the higher ground for more than that....that is why the city doesnt mess with them and you should not get offended that they are there since that is there home....
What a stupid comment to post! Do these homeless pay taxes on this land? We do! So you are saying that some people are entitled to live without paying taxes? What an idiot!
Lori

Hobbs, NM

#7 Apr 10, 2013
ellvis wrote:
"there" is spelled their, idiot!
Transient Man

Carlsbad, NM

#8 Apr 10, 2013
I mus fess up, it waf June Bug! She was doing the
mash potato and her boll weevel caughts fire - and lor
mercy the whole dern place went up in a purple flame!

I hears her two dogs ended up with b b q sauce on a stick!

Since: Feb 09

Carlsbad, NM

#9 Apr 11, 2013
Lori wrote:
<quoted text>
What a stupid comment to post! Do these homeless pay taxes on this land? We do! So you are saying that some people are entitled to live without paying taxes? What an idiot!
no....you are the idiot....you completely missed my point....;i will restate it since its above your comprehension that someone would have something that you in your White entitlement world feel that they dont deserve....there have been people....mostly of minority living along the riverbanks here in Carlsbad for more than a century and no one has made it an issue since thats the way it has always been....how do i know...because my family settled in here over a century ago and owned all the land where Furrs cafeteria sits....and since that was an arroyo much of the time many people lived along that area also...all the way down the river...and since you brought up taxes....how much exactly do you pay in taxes...13.000 yearly like me???? i doubt you pay anything and then you probably get someone elses back with earned income for your illegitimate brats....the first thing a white person wants to do is claim something....mine...mine ....mine....just let people live the life they choose and quit being judgemental....and also i used the word there and their several times and only messed up once...phone didnt know the difference and when i use voice command it does what it wants to anyway....so swim your way back to England and let these people alone...
negotiable

Concord, VA

#10 Apr 11, 2013
ellvis wrote:
<quoted text>no....you are the idiot....you completely missed my point....;i will restate it since its above your comprehension that someone would have something that you in your White entitlement world feel that they dont deserve....there have been people....mostly of minority living along the riverbanks here in Carlsbad for more than a century and no one has made it an issue since thats the way it has always been....how do i know...because my family settled in here over a century ago and owned all the land where Furrs cafeteria sits....and since that was an arroyo much of the time many people lived along that area also...all the way down the river...and since you brought up taxes....how much exactly do you pay in taxes...13.000 yearly like me???? i doubt you pay anything and then you probably get someone elses back with earned income for your illegitimate brats....the first thing a white person wants to do is claim something....mine...mine ....mine....just let people live the life they choose and quit being judgemental....and also i used the word there and their several times and only messed up once...phone didnt know the difference and when i use voice command it does what it wants to anyway....so swim your way back to England and let these people alone...
I'm 'white people' and I personally love Carlsbad. I wouldn't go so far to say that all 'white' people act nor feel the eay you're stereotyping them out to be. Again, I am white and have donated to the homeless. I do not feel that I am anymore entitled to anything than the next person. Carlsbad will always have a place in my heart for their small town appeal and family atmosphere. God bless!
noellvis

Roswell, NM

#11 Apr 11, 2013
No, Ellvis, you're wrong on this one. It's mostly whites in that camp. Go take a walk down there. Yes, we have mostly non-whites that come by the soup kitchen but the vast majority of them have sheltered places to stay at night. The lower Tansill Dam camp are predominantly druggies/alchoholic washouts that hang out among their like-peers.
Lori

Hobbs, NM

#12 Apr 11, 2013
ellvis wrote:
<quoted text>no....you are the idiot....you completely missed my point....;i will restate it since its above your comprehension that someone would have something that you in your White entitlement world feel that they dont deserve....there have been people....mostly of minority living along the riverbanks here in Carlsbad for more than a century and no one has made it an issue since thats the way it has always been....how do i know...because my family settled in here over a century ago and owned all the land where Furrs cafeteria sits....and since that was an arroyo much of the time many people lived along that area also...all the way down the river...and since you brought up taxes....how much exactly do you pay in taxes...13.000 yearly like me???? i doubt you pay anything and then you probably get someone elses back with earned income for your illegitimate brats....the first thing a white person wants to do is claim something....mine...mine ....mine....just let people live the life they choose and quit being judgemental....and also i used the word there and their several times and only messed up once...phone didnt know the difference and when i use voice command it does what it wants to anyway....so swim your way back to England and let these people alone...
Another idiotic ignorant comment! You try to turn this into a racial issue? You are nothing but a bum and part of the problem! Yes, I'm white! I'm female, married and have children!We own our property and try to keep it nice! My husband and I both work and we do pay taxes...do you?
HELLNO

Hobbs, NM

#13 Apr 11, 2013
ellvis wrote:
Hey mexicano, i work with this lady you just called names and i can honestly say that she is a hard working woman!! How dare a piece of trash like you call her boys illegitimate when you are probably some loser on welfare. GO BACK TO MEXICO YOU DRUGGIE DEFENDING BUM! And hay pinche mojado loser, take your fat fea puta and go bach to Ojinaga!
HELLNO

Hobbs, NM

#14 Apr 11, 2013
And before you start calling me a white racist, i'll let you know that i'm a second generation Mexicana! I doubt your trashy family ever owned the land furrs was on because my grandparents remember the old lady who used to own it, she sold veggies that she grew there and also alcohol. Guess who i am!
HELLNO

Hobbs, NM

#15 Apr 11, 2013
ellvis wrote:
OMG! i just found out from another coworker that the old lady who used to own that land sold illegal alcohol back in those days. sounds like a family of crime!!!!
MLE1

Hobbs, NM

#16 Apr 11, 2013
The homeless have a right to be there that is their home and no one can force them to leave! If those people on Juanita St and in that area don't like it let them find another place to live! Pack up your families and the the hell out!
again

Carlsbad, NM

#17 Apr 11, 2013
i say that michele picks up elvis' fights when she feels "he" is running low on fuel. she makes up personalities and pretends to be everyone so she can take up all sides of an issue. this lady, dang.
if you notice, when michele will be inactive for a while, elvis gets more and more active. michele will respond to things directed at elvis, my theory is that she forgets who she is currently logged in as. and when they "argue" they end up on the same side of an issue. "he" seems to be the only one who she can talk to, and agree with! also- she seems to be the only one "he" likes on this forum, and for someone who throws around the race card "he" sure does like her, and her illegitimate kids he supports with "his" tax dollars.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#18 Apr 11, 2013
again wrote:
i say that michele picks up elvis' fights when she feels "he" is running low on fuel. she makes up personalities and pretends to be everyone so she can take up all sides of an issue. this lady, dang.
if you notice, when michele will be inactive for a while, elvis gets more and more active. michele will respond to things directed at elvis, my theory is that she forgets who she is currently logged in as. and when they "argue" they end up on the same side of an issue. "he" seems to be the only one who she can talk to, and agree with! also- she seems to be the only one "he" likes on this forum, and for someone who throws around the race card "he" sure does like her, and her illegitimate kids he supports with "his" tax dollars.
I think they are the same person as well! Sick person!
MLE1

Hobbs, NM

#19 Apr 11, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they are the same person as well! Sick person!
Think whatever you like! You are a worthless POS!

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#20 Apr 11, 2013
again wrote:
Lol. I do not even know what you are talking about. I do not write under MLE1. So, where did I write to him at lately? I write under my registered name, you know the one I am logged in under. My kids are legitimate. Nobody supports my kids with their tax dollars. I have not been on here all day. I wasnt on here all day yesterday. But you think whatever, I just laugh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlsbad Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MEX Will Pay For WALL 7 hr easypeasy 1
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) Tue nextchef 8,824
Thank you Cliff (Aug '11) Tue Frankenfool 16
Trey Jacks (Jun '15) Mon Renee jacks 3
News Companies move forward on nuclear waste storage... Aug 27 lionTG 6
Washington Dental Clinic in Juarez Mexico (Feb '13) Aug 26 Bill 38
Mayor Jewkowski swindles Cave people Aug 26 Frankenfool 1

Carlsbad Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance