Carlsbad Proposed School Bonds

Carlsbad Proposed School Bonds

Posted in the Carlsbad Forum

RayG

Hobbs, NM

#1 Jan 24, 2014
A few questions I have about the school bond.
Leaders say there is possibility of additional bonding of 50 million involved later without additional taxes? Does that mean the taxes are already added into present recommended tax increase? So, are we actually voting on $110 million dollar bond?
Does the bond include any money for other schools or just building 4 new schools?
Who did the estimating on old schools?
Who estimated cost of new schools?
Whatís the plan for the replaced schools?
What present school properties are not in use?
What are the annual enrollments at all schools for the last 10 years and projected for next 10 years for each?
How is this growth going to affect the upper level schools in the next 10 years? Will we need more schools? Another High School?
Can the boundaries be re-adjusted to adjust attendance at schools that donít need replacement?
What are the specific infrastructure limits in existing schools? Electrical? Bathrooms. A lot of electrical can be run for 60 million dollars. Bathrooms can be easily added to existing buildings if needed. What are the other problems?
Our family has fully gone through the local school system through 4 generations involving 12 family members. We love our schools and would like 4 new ones, but I need these questions answered so I can make a good decision. If new schools are truly the answer, then my property taxes of about $800 per year will be a good investment. But? Wonder?
digg

Artesia, NM

#2 Jan 25, 2014
Half these tards on here couldn't tell you what a school bond is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlsbad Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NFL players not standing for national anthem th... 4 hr Gay Guy 46
Cavetown gets a starfucks.... 9 hr Frankenfool 48
What Sparked all of this Wed Maybe White Trash 33
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) Wed _Peach_ 9,524
isa agent Aug 14 None 17
Avalon Ranch, a new drug treatment center for C... Aug 14 Shane 39
Barack Hussein Obama knew of North Korea nukes ... Aug 13 None 28

Carlsbad Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance