Posted in the Carlsbad Forum

chevyyy

Carlsbad, NM

#1 Jan 22, 2013
Is this a good company to work for??
bow tie

Artesia, NM

#2 Jan 22, 2013
No. Move along. Keep looking. Your family will thank you.
chevyyy

Carlsbad, NM

#3 Jan 24, 2013
Why what's with them?

Since: Feb 09

Lockhart, TX

#4 Jan 24, 2013
It's okay just watch your ass they're not very helpful when applying you work watch out for Herman the dispatcher he will lead you astray every time
chevyyy

Carlsbad, NM

#5 Jan 24, 2013
Do they give you gps coordinates? Is the pay decent?

Since: Jan 13

Lockhart, TX

#6 Jan 24, 2013
No GPS coordinates. Hand drawn maps & directions.
chevyyy

Carlsbad, NM

#7 Jan 24, 2013
Damn that's crazy ill just call the location and get the coordinates I'm not from here so I have no idea what these roads are called
que

Hobbs, NM

#8 Jan 24, 2013
they dont know the coordinates is the thing, they are not high tech enough, if you want them you need to take a gps there and mark them. thats the only way you will get them.
i know

Hobbs, NM

#9 Jan 25, 2013
Herman is a good guy. he makes out maps with what he is given by the company man. Sometimes people want a perfectly drawn map. you have to use your brain and think for yourself a little bit. Only one dude i knew of used gps to get to location all the time and he was always in trouble for taking too long and more lost than anyone else.
que

Carlsbad, NM

#10 Jan 25, 2013
the maps say things like "just past the shoe on the telephone pole" ect... i know it sounds back woods but they are pretty accurate. and gps will tell you where but not how. those roads wont be on any gps map. much better off just going by the map. very clear markers, even if you do feel like you are on a treasure hunt from the old west.

Carlsbad, NM

#11 Jan 28, 2013
also I have spoke with several ex drivers and know first hand that the worst problem they have I Daniel Galvan....he is from Cruces and wants all the work himself and he will purposefully try to get you in trouble and then report on you every little thing such as chains hanging off the side of the trailers and not tight enough....he has gotten many drivers fired and to quit because of his attitude....otherwise this company would be a decent place to work.....

Lockhart, TX

#12 Feb 1, 2013
Daniel hasn't worked there for months.
pumper

Artesia, NM

#13 Feb 1, 2013
i know wrote:
Herman is a good guy. he makes out maps with what he is given by the company man. Sometimes people want a perfectly drawn map. you have to use your brain and think for yourself a little bit. Only one dude i knew of used gps to get to location all the time and he was always in trouble for taking too long and more lost than anyone else.
he used a gps which has buttons. you're fearful of blinkey buttoney things so you tell the rest of us that HE needs to use a brain hoping readers won't note the irony of your post. you're envious. it's friday night so get back to writing the rest of your child-support checks, ya cavaloz hack.

Lockhart, TX

#14 Feb 1, 2013
pumper wrote:
<quoted text>
he used a gps which has buttons. you're fearful of blinkey buttoney things so you tell the rest of us that HE needs to use a brain hoping readers won't note the irony of your post. you're envious. it's friday night so get back to writing the rest of your child-support checks, ya cavaloz hack.
Very nice. The problem isn't with "blinky buttoney" things as you so eloquently put it, but with people who trust those "blinky buttony" things that don't know the back country roads of the oilfield like the people who drive them every day more than they do their brains to follow the directions that they're given. This is a case where common sense is more necessary than technology.
And your name calling sounds awfully defensive, btw.

Carlsbad, NM

#15 Feb 2, 2013
mamadyf wrote:
<quoted text>
Very nice. The problem isn't with "blinky buttoney" things as you so eloquently put it, but with people who trust those "blinky buttony" things that don't know the back country roads of the oilfield like the people who drive them every day more than they do their brains to follow the directions that they're given. This is a case where common sense is more necessary than technology.
And your name calling sounds awfully defensive, btw.
i am blind without my garmin....but it will not always give you the best directions especially in the oilfields....i have been given a google map and put the location on my garmin and it took me right to the location....you just have to find the best way into it...i have lived in this area all my life and hunted and fished all up and down the valley....but finding locations without explicit directions is very difficult....because if you are on the wrong road and get down it a few miles....it takes a long time to get back to the right location since most oilfield roads are bad and you have to drive slowly or risk tearing up your truck or pickup.....the best way to find a location is to have someone go and mark it with tape and program it in their garmin and then give you the coordinates.....then you have to find the way in yourself....but when its been raining and at nite its very frustrating to be lost......so just a few extra minutes of giving directions and making sure you are going the right way is much better than spending hours looking for a place that looks like many others close by.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlsbad Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carlsbad Employees are Experts in Hiding ! 17 hr Frankenfool 10
ALBQ DA alleged Police Corruption - Is this tru... Jan 16 I Wonder 17
EPA Refuses to Pay for polution of Animus River Jan 15 sophia 1
bandidos mc (Feb '13) Jan 15 Angel shotgun wil... 163
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) Jan 14 Spider 8,875
Ghosts!!!!!!! (Mar '11) Jan 12 Amy 12
News Former loan manager arrested on felony racketee... (Aug '13) Jan 12 Idontevenlikeher 23

Carlsbad Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carlsbad Mortgages