|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

_Aristotle_ wrote:
Tragic is when a 6 year old kid dies of cancer.
When a grown man gets drunk and dies being stupid that is not tragic.
Sorry,...had to correct you.
I know this is an old post, but just wanted to weigh in on your comments. I find it very discrediting for you to tag yourself as one of the greatest philosophers to have ever lived. With such a ignorant post/ opinion / your philosophy . Assuming that you consider yourself a superior man of great intellect by calling yourself "Aristotle", in which is funny and ironic at the same time. But let me school you up on philosophy, so maybe the next time you have an opinion you won't have to hide behind the name of intelligence with your ignorant opinions on life and everything else that you feel is right . Here's a taste of some real philosophy,“Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change, the superior man is all-embracing and not partial, the inferior man is partial and not all-embracing ,the superior man is aware of Righteousness, the inferior man is aware of advantage. "Confucius" . IGNORANCE dies in the presents of KNOWLEDGE

Since: Apr 12

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Confucius wrote:
<quoted text>
I know this is an old post, but just wanted to weigh in on your comments. I find it very discrediting for you to tag yourself as one of the greatest philosophers to have ever lived. With such a ignorant post/ opinion / your philosophy . Assuming that you consider yourself a superior man of great intellect by calling yourself "Aristotle", in which is funny and ironic at the same time. But let me school you up on philosophy, so maybe the next time you have an opinion you won't have to hide behind the name of intelligence with your ignorant opinions on life and everything else that you feel is right . Here's a taste of some real philosophy,“Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change, the superior man is all-embracing and not partial, the inferior man is partial and not all-embracing ,the superior man is aware of Righteousness, the inferior man is aware of advantage. "Confucius" . IGNORANCE dies in the presents of KNOWLEDGE
Every man is entitled to his own opinion. My opinion is that something considered tragic should be something that is outside of our control. When a heroin addict overdoses and dies that is not tragic, that is natural selection. This particular instance was that a grown man did something dangerous and compounded the danger by being heavily intoxicated. The only real tragedy involved were that his supposed loved ones stood by and allowed him to do so. I have seen tragedy the world over and this is not it.

A tragedy is a representation of an action that is whole and complete and of a certain magnitude. A whole is what has a beginning and middle and end.

I do not consider myself of "superior" intellect because I chose this avatar for my discussions here. Aristotle was a debater and I myself enjoy a great debate. That being said I am no better than any other man. I work for a living, I have had as many failures in life as I have had successes. I have likely rarely had a one hundred percent original thought, and I believe that to be true of most men in today's world. I have strong convictions and beliefs and while I share them freely I force them on none.
Confucius

Apo, AE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

_Aristotle_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Every man is entitled to his own opinion. My opinion is that something considered tragic should be something that is outside of our control. When a heroin addict overdoses and dies that is not tragic, that is natural selection. This particular instance was that a grown man did something dangerous and compounded the danger by being heavily intoxicated. The only real tragedy involved were that his supposed loved ones stood by and allowed him to do so. I have seen tragedy the world over and this is not it.
A tragedy is a representation of an action that is whole and complete and of a certain magnitude. A whole is what has a beginning and middle and end.
I do not consider myself of "superior" intellect because I chose this avatar for my discussions here. Aristotle was a debater and I myself enjoy a great debate. That being said I am no better than any other man. I work for a living, I have had as many failures in life as I have had successes. I have likely rarely had a one hundred percent original thought, and I believe that to be true of most men in today's world. I have strong convictions and beliefs and while I share them freely I force them on none.
Very nicely put, well to say upon myself I enjoyed reading your response . I hope you have a wonderful day . Take care

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Carlsbad Forum right now

Search the Carlsbad Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
dr robert pendrak 14 min Soooooo 4
Say it in six words (Jul '08) 1 hr islandstory 8,451
childolester gets 2 15yr olds and a 14 yr old p... 2 hr Sara 2
Granger Stacey 2 hr Sara 4
Review: Red Barn Cleaners 12 hr American Cleaners 2
Police brutality 19 hr Spell it out please 10
Carlsbad woman arrested on embezzlement charge 21 hr roadrunnersuspect 11
•••
•••