First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Russian roulette

Hobbs, NM

#1 Sep 9, 2012
Some dumb kid just killed himself playing Russian roulette.
Shorty

Hurst, TX

#2 Sep 9, 2012
Show some compassion if this is true, why don't you think of his or her family and what they are going thir this evening. Maybe say prayer for them instead of calling them stupid or dumb. J/s

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#3 Sep 9, 2012
awww. how sad.
Shorty

Hurst, TX

#4 Sep 10, 2012
It is very sad, he was just 14yrs old. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

Location hidden

#5 Sep 10, 2012
Shorty wrote:
It is very sad, he was just 14yrs old. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.
Yes, how horrible for them to live through this. My heart breaks for them.
RadRocker

Carlsbad, NM

#6 Sep 10, 2012
Anyone know who?

Location hidden

#7 Sep 10, 2012
RadRocker wrote:
Anyone know who?
Yes, but not sure about the last name. Has a sister named Raven Oberbeck. Please, pray for the family as we do not know what all happened. It is tragic and a horrible thing. God Bless his soul and his family.

Location hidden

#8 Sep 10, 2012
Russian roulette wrote:
Some dumb kid just killed himself playing Russian roulette.
The child was NOT playing Russian Roulette. Why dont you stop spreading rumors and realize this child was in pain and have empathy and sympathy?

Since: Feb 09

Carlsbad, NM

#9 Sep 10, 2012
Michelewith1l wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but not sure about the last name. Has a sister named Raven Oberbeck. Please, pray for the family as we do not know what all happened. It is tragic and a horrible thing. God Bless his soul and his family.
seen this on facebook...sad..i dont think i knew him but i did raven...she was one of my little babysitting kids....my exs family....
Hmm

Carlsbad, NM

#10 Sep 10, 2012
Was the little boys name Brandon? So sad.. praying for his family
ChildLoss

Surprise, AZ

#11 Sep 10, 2012
Losing a child is one of the most heart breaking things that can happen to a parent. I know as I am living through it everyday is a struggle an you are changed forever. Please please please, be kind with your words...

Location hidden

#12 Sep 10, 2012
ChildLoss wrote:
Losing a child is one of the most heart breaking things that can happen to a parent. I know as I am living through it everyday is a struggle an you are changed forever. Please please please, be kind with your words...
I love you sis, hang in there!!
ChildLoss

Surprise, AZ

#13 Sep 10, 2012
Thank you, Love you too!
Michelewith1l wrote:
<quoted text>
I love you sis, hang in there!!
Raven Oberbeck

Lovington, NM

#14 Sep 10, 2012
My little brother was not playing Russian roulette, he committed suicide. for anyone who has decided that they would like to spread rumors, you have no idea how bad it hurts. my family and i are in grief at this time. i ask everyone who does not know the truth to shut the hell up. he was a little kid with unknown problems. i will not stand by and let anyone bash my brothers name and lie. and by the way the gun was not made to play such a stupid game. my brother is not stupid, it was selfish, yes. he will always be in my heart and never forgotten. Remember if you do not know the truth you might want to shut up because rumors like that will bite you in the ass. i thank each and everyone one of you for your prayer and thoughts.Thank you for standing up for my brother Brandon. Rest in peace little brother i will miss you always.

Location hidden

#15 Sep 11, 2012
I am so sorry for your loss. While many do not understand suicide and say this and that, it is obvious they have never been where your brother or others have been. I really wish I could get others to understand what is going on inside the thought process and feelings. And no matter what, those who say if he really loved you he would not have done this and THAT is NOT the case. Don't mind those who have no insight of what it is like. When a person is in a state of mind like he was, they do not think it is selfish, just the opposite. The fact is the mental health system around here sucks, it is broke, and no one wants to help those in need. Keep your chin high, smile and know he loved you.
Shorty

Fort Worth, TX

#16 Sep 11, 2012
Raven, my heart goes out to you and your family, I can say no words will help at this time but please know that their are some of us that know exactly what u are going thur I do know cuz about 16 yrs ago I went through this so when I say my heart breaks for you I mean it. It will become easier in time and maybe you might understand more but just know you have a lot of support and prayers coming ur way. God bless you and you family. May you brother RIP now.
PMG

Carlsbad, NM

#17 Sep 11, 2012
Raven, I'm really sorry to hear about your brother Brandon. My prayers are with you and your family.
Love Paul

Since: Apr 12

Carlsbad, NM

#18 Sep 11, 2012
Michelewith1l wrote:
I am so sorry for your loss. While many do not understand suicide and say this and that, it is obvious they have never been where your brother or others have been. I really wish I could get others to understand what is going on inside the thought process and feelings. And no matter what, those who say if he really loved you he would not have done this and THAT is NOT the case. Don't mind those who have no insight of what it is like. When a person is in a state of mind like he was, they do not think it is selfish, just the opposite. The fact is the mental health system around here sucks, it is broke, and no one wants to help those in need. Keep your chin high, smile and know he loved you.
Not the fault of the "mental health system around here".

It is disheartening to see someone hurt bad enough to take their own life,....and a thousand times so when that person is a child. My thoughts and prayers go out to this child's family and loved ones left behind. He will never be forgotten by his loved ones,..but I hope they find at least some peace and solace in their loss as time goes on.

The reality is that we don't forget, move on, and have closure, but rather we honor, we remember, and incorporate our deceased children and siblings into our lives in a new way. In fact, keeping memories of your loved one alive in your mind and heart is an important part of your healing journey. Harriet Schiff
Raven Oberbeck

Hobbs, NM

#19 Sep 11, 2012
Thank all you for your prayers and thoughts you have no idea how much that means to me and my family. it is tragic, but we are strong. Everyone on this site has touched me with their comments, and again i thank you very much. God bless you all, because you people are blessed.
Raven Oberbeck
random nobody

Carlsbad, NM

#20 Sep 11, 2012
I'm so sorry for your and your family's heartbreaking and tragic loss, Raven.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlsbad Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carlsbad sheriff arrested Lisa springer 11 hr lima 13
chilis 11 hr gretchen 2
truck by pass 11 hr henry c 8
President Obama's Immigration Plan 11 hr henry c 2
Black Man Cuts off Head of White Woman in Oklahoma 11 hr henry c 15
Rude Carlsbad Police Officers 11 hr freddie 4
meth labs 13 hr Carlsbad Resident 3

High Wind Warning for Eddy County was issued at December 21 at 7:48PM MST

Carlsbad Dating
Find my Match