Carlsbad Resident

Espanola, NM

#1 Oct 18, 2012
Lakewood New Mexico , Pecos Texas , water wells have gone dry found this out from a land owner meeting last night.

Even artesian wells are going dry in Artesia New Mexico.

Also found out Carlsbad Waterfield water supply is in big danger of going dry.

How many of you knew about this meeting last night? 10-17-12

I just learned about it. 10-18-12
Carlsbad Resident

Espanola, NM

#2 Oct 18, 2012
Carlsbad Resident wrote:
Lakewood New Mexico , Pecos Texas , water wells have gone dry found this out from a land owner meeting last night.
Even artesian wells are going dry in Artesia New Mexico.
Also found out Carlsbad Waterfield water supply is in big danger of going dry.
How many of you knew about this meeting last night? 10-17-12
I just learned about it. 10-18-12
Made a few phone calls found out Roswell water supply getting low.

I asked a hydrologist what is going on he explain it to me, if you have a saturated sponge, dry one corner of that sponge, it will affects the whole sponge it will dry up, the water table is like a sponge.

Then I asked him about oil fields and the drought, he laughed don't get me involved in that, I need my job.
Earnest Riley

Cloudcroft, NM

#3 Oct 18, 2012
I was at the meeting. The New Mexico Interstate Stream Commission (NMISC) is pumping water from the Seven Rivers Augmentation Well Field to make sure Senior water rights holders get the majority of the available water after TX gets their compact mandated allotments.

Since they started pumping in the Seven Rivers field a whole lot of wells have gone dry. Of the attendees(45-50) at the meeting 16-17 wells have gone dry. Many more are severely lowered.

The meeting did little to calm water loss fears. The NMISC and State Engineering Dept acted if they were not aware of all the "Water Well Issues" that attendees were complaining about. Taxpayer's are paying just under 2 million bucks per budget year to have their water wells depleted.

The meeting was chaotic and un-organized from the start. People were trying to talk over each other and really no questions where given answers.

If you have a water well in Eddy county you better start making some noise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlsbad Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jingle Bells is racist so says Boston University 1 hr Hombre 13
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) 20 hr crookeddentist 10,283
Cavemen basketball 23 hr Realist 3
Red lobster and Cattle Barron coming to Cascades. Fri Hombre 3
Who hit it? Thu Nobody 1
judge Castaneda (Aug '15) Wed Titan 12
Wouldn't you think that Californians would buil... Dec 13 Hombre 6

Carlsbad Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance