Plateau Internet
Plateau User

Carlsbad, NM

#1 Jul 16, 2014
I was wondering if anyone else had Plateau Internet services. If so are you guys having problems with the service?
Internet

Carlsbad, NM

#2 Jul 17, 2014
Plateau User wrote:
I was wondering if anyone else had Plateau Internet services. If so are you guys having problems with the service?
We have had Plateau internet for years. We have had probs on and off and even tho we are paying for the middle tier service, I don't believe the speed has ever been what it is supposed to be. We were having to unplug every thing (modem & router) and plug them back in at least twice a day for about a year, but we got a new router and that problem seems to be solved. But be prepared. We had modem problems several years ago and it took forever for us to get authorization to get another one. If you have problems and call tech support, it will automatically be on your end whether it really is or not. Be persistent if you have a problem. They will run you around for a while before admitting there is a problem with their equipment.
Plateau User

Carlsbad, NM

#3 Jul 17, 2014
I live on the south side of town. I just started having problems with it within the last 6 months. I do a lot of work from home and it is horrible. I have purchased a new router and it don't seem to work. I guess I need to call about a new modem.
Carlsbad Resident

Hobbs, NM

#4 Jul 17, 2014
So why do you keep Plateau?
Plateau User

Carlsbad, NM

#5 Jul 17, 2014
I've thought about switching. I have looked into Windstream and Baja. Not sure how good their service works out off of National Parks Hwy.
Carlsbad Resident

Hobbs, NM

#6 Jul 17, 2014
Plateau User wrote:
I've thought about switching. I have looked into Windstream and Baja. Not sure how good their service works out off of National Parks Hwy.
I use Windstream and never had an issue. My kids take online classes so our service has to be top-notch.
Internet

Carlsbad, NM

#7 Jul 17, 2014
Carlsbad Resident wrote:
So why do you keep Plateau?
I keep Plateau because the cost is low. We got rid of our land line about 5 years ago and really don't care to do business with Windstream again. We have satellite tv and I would love to have satellite internet but the cost is more than we are willing to pay. I have not heard anything good about Baja from people who use it and don't know anyone with Fuego to ask how it is working for them. For the time being and until something good and affordable comes down the road, I am willing to put up with a little inconvenience with Plateau.
Jessica Ford

Lubbock, TX

#8 Jul 17, 2014
Everyone beware. Don't make enemies of the forest family or their friends. You will end up with over 60 psi in your 35 psi tires, have a blow out on the highway, and the police won't be able to find you and you will die from dehydration. And the next day everyone will say you died from asphyxiation. I love Carlsbad politics. God help us all.
Michele222

Lubbock, TX

#9 Jul 17, 2014

Who the hell told the district attorney it is cool to look like Hitler? I would also like everyone to know that probation officer Burrito is a wife beater. That's all.
Carlsbad Resident

Hobbs, NM

#10 Jul 17, 2014
Internet wrote:
<quoted text>
I keep Plateau because the cost is low. We got rid of our land line about 5 years ago and really don't care to do business with Windstream again. We have satellite tv and I would love to have satellite internet but the cost is more than we are willing to pay. I have not heard anything good about Baja from people who use it and don't know anyone with Fuego to ask how it is working for them. For the time being and until something good and affordable comes down the road, I am willing to put up with a little inconvenience with Plateau.
I guess you get what you pay for.
Internet

Clovis, NM

#11 Jul 17, 2014
Carlsbad Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you get what you pay for.
It meets our needs most of the time. We don't spend all day on the internet anyway.
Carlsbad Resident

Hobbs, NM

#12 Jul 17, 2014
Internet wrote:
<quoted text>
It meets our needs most of the time. We don't spend all day on the internet anyway.
I would rather pay a bit more for quality internet service...well worth it!
You are really

Tucumcari, NM

#13 Jul 18, 2014
Jessica Ford wrote:
Everyone beware. Don't make enemies of the forest family or their friends. You will end up with over 60 psi in your 35 psi tires, have a blow out on the highway, and the police won't be able to find you and you will die from dehydration. And the next day everyone will say you died from asphyxiation. I love Carlsbad politics. God help us all.
just trifling

Since: Apr 12

Carlsbad, NM

#14 Jul 18, 2014
Carlsbad Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather pay a bit more for quality internet service...well worth it!
Be honest though, YOU aren't paying for it. We the tax payers paying your disability checks are paying for it.
Carlsbad Resident

Hobbs, NM

#15 Jul 18, 2014
_Aristotle_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Be honest though, YOU aren't paying for it. We the tax payers paying your disability checks are paying for it.
Airheadtwaddle, you're projecting again! Now go away and let the adults post! jeeez

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlsbad Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United States Government WILL NOT Accept or Al... 36 min BSBSBS 7
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) 52 min Shane 9,023
Where the f@$k is the music? 1 hr Gay Guy 14
who want to suck on my d?kk leave me a # or tim... 1 hr Gay Guy 28
President Trump Cannot Drain the Swamp Mon Shane 6
Lisa Skidmore Jul 22 The Saint 11
Angelo " Vito " Valenza (May '16) Jul 21 Heaven 5

Carlsbad Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance