Artesia man dies after fall from oil rig

Artesia man dies after fall from oil rig

There are 12 comments on the Carlsbad Current-Argus story from Jun 4, 2013, titled Artesia man dies after fall from oil rig. In it, Carlsbad Current-Argus reports that:

An Artesia man was killed in an industrial accident Monday, the Eddy County Sheriff's Department said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carlsbad Current-Argus.

Since: Oct 12

Carlsbad, NM

#1 Jun 4, 2013
Give the brave men of the WIPP ESTs and EMTs a hand as they were the first responders the the site as part of the Memorandum of Understanding with the local agencies. It had to be a tough go but at least they had the best to come first. Blessings and prayers to the first responders across the world. Tough job.
Hmm

Carlsbad, NM

#2 Jun 4, 2013
Give them a hand for letting a man die? Are you kidding me? They said nothing was wrong with him, but he ended up dead?
more

United States

#3 Jun 4, 2013
_findmore.mywibes.com/city/car lsbad-nm/TF3349UIQ1N2NGGI2

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#4 Jun 4, 2013
Hmm wrote:
Give them a hand for letting a man die? Are you kidding me? They said nothing was wrong with him, but he ended up dead?
Not one person said nothing was wrong with him,they said there were no signs of obvious injuries. In other words it was all internal. I am sure they knew something was wrong considering he did not wake up. The EMS did not let him die. I feel for the victim, family, friends, and crew.
DEETER

Carlsbad, NM

#6 Jun 5, 2013
Hmm wrote:
Your an ass!! even the Sheriff said it appeared he broke his neck, go do something else besides belittle a terrible situation, the WIPP responders did all they could.
use 2

Haslet, TX

#7 Jun 5, 2013
MiraculousMutha wrote:
<quoted text>I smell fish! Keep that nasty mouth shut, fish smellin' skank!
You are one dumb bitch
someofyouarenuts

Arlington, TX

#8 Jun 5, 2013
Hmm wrote:
You are an idiot. How about you fall from that high and see how well you turn up, see if first responders can save you.

Since: Oct 12

United States

#9 Jun 6, 2013
Hmm wrote:
He was dead when the got there yet the continued to provide CPR until the Carlsbad EMTs arrived. He broke his neck in the fall. Get your facts straight.
bollicks

Carlsbad, NM

#10 Jun 7, 2013
Hmm wrote:
clearly your ability to read AND comprehend is poor.

Are you a NM HS grad?

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#11 Jun 9, 2013
This is very sad, there have been a lot of deaths this year in the oil field. Looks like Osha needs to step up their job!
Scan Texas

Houston, TX

#13 Oct 20, 2013
I was there he did have signs of bleeding the emt's finely got there a hour latter about and told to guy doing CPR. I hope as long as I live no one ever has to see that. May god bless y'all all.

Since: Apr 12

Carlsbad, NM

#14 Oct 20, 2013
bollicks wrote:
<quoted text>
clearly your ability to read AND comprehend is poor.
Are you a NM HS grad?
Likely holds a degree from Texas Tech, UNM or NMSU as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlsbad Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nash morales (Apr '12) 7 hr Ex Resident 119
News 5 Carlsbad residents arrested as Drug Task Forc... (Apr '12) 8 hr Litlovely1 103
in reference to johnathan whitfield i think the... (Mar '11) 8 hr Litlovely1 11
Gay Guy is in love 13 hr gay guy 6
More trash in city streets Thu oh well 3
Free amoebas at the water park Thu oh well 2
Intrepid Potash Thu oh well 4

Carlsbad Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carlsbad Mortgages