BAJA internet down again - It Rained

BAJA internet down again - It Rained

Posted in the Carlsbad Forum

internet service

Carlsbad, NM

#1 Apr 11, 2012
It is time to change internet providers....
BAJA simply is not getting the job done
I have had 4 outages in the last 5 weeks...

Your input please on quality of service from DISH (or other isp's)
for internet and tv

thanks
Aristotle

Carlsbad, NM

#2 Apr 11, 2012
Have not lost service yet. Meaning that it is not the ISP directly but more likely the node that you are connected to. You should push for them to give it a thorough check.
U member

Carlsbad, NM

#3 Apr 11, 2012
internet service wrote:
It is time to change internet providers....
BAJA simply is not getting the job done
I have had 4 outages in the last 5 weeks...
Your input please on quality of service from DISH (or other isp's)
for internet and tv
thanks
Call them up!

1) have them check the modem
2) have them refresh your connection
3) have them check the line coming to your house (they had to put a THICK line on mine cause it was acting funny its like 2 lines in 1 line)
4) all else fail Windstream would be the next best internet in town.
hugy long

Carlsbad, NM

#4 Apr 12, 2012
nbc tv channel is mute
prev windstream customer

Artesia, NM

#5 Apr 13, 2012
I'd recommend windstream. Their speed was great when I had it. The only downside is there's certain areas in town where you get certain speeds. After moving to where I live temporarily and they told me they don't do internet here.
the real shocked

Carlsbad, NM

#6 Apr 13, 2012
windstream is ok, when they go down it is back up fast. slow where I live but not bad. Our phone line however is not good every time that it rains the line goes out. They say that happens. Well ok how come my internet does not go out? Same company same lines.:)
ricky

Carlsbad, NM

#7 Apr 13, 2012
prev windstream customer wrote:
I'd recommend windstream. Their speed was great when I had it. The only downside is there's certain areas in town where you get certain speeds. After moving to where I live temporarily and they told me they don't do internet here.
in general they only serve well a 3 mile radius of their office
if you live further away from the office the service gradually slows to 0
jackie

Carlsbad, NM

#8 Apr 13, 2012
baja price up $20

wow!!!!
Deb

Carlsbad, NM

#9 Nov 11, 2012
Baja is the most unreliable provider I've ever had. They have had outages on average of at least one time per month since taking over US Cable. The outages often last in excess of 6 hours and they do not like to be bothered by it. Do we have any new providers in the area? If not I guess I will go with Windstream.
Fed Up

Carlsbad, NM

#11 Nov 12, 2012
Ours goes down on an average of 75+ times a week. I know this to be a fact because the tech has been watching it. We lost connection at 7:45 pm last night and it still wasn't working at 6:00 am today.
We have complained relentlessly and it's still not fixed. We finally filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I would suggest those that are having problems do the same. Just maybe if enough people complain they'll bring their outdated equipment into the 21st century.
This service is completely unacceptable.
bob

Carlsbad, NM

#13 Dec 27, 2012
and again
seebreeze

Carlsbad, NM

#14 Dec 27, 2012
i see fiber optic cable being installed on NPH
perhaps there is hope
solution a

Carlsbad, NM

#15 Dec 28, 2012
down again on afternoon of 12/27
Papa

Carlsbad, NM

#16 Dec 28, 2012
And 12/28
CRM

Ruidoso, NM

#17 Dec 29, 2012
Baja has been awful in Ruidoso for the last week or so. Cable channels higher than the HD set blink in and out and the internet barely works after 10:30 PM. They need to get it together and actually provide the service they advertise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlsbad Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) 7 hr Gone fishing 8,833
News Carlsbad schools grades see improvement Sat poorschools 1
Bi-Pass Road Around Carlsbad Sat nonewroad 1
District Judge JANE SHULER GRAY and her failure... (Feb '12) Sep 23 Frankenfool 21
News Companies move forward on nuclear waste storage... Sep 21 greaybeard 10
Basket of Deplorables Sep 20 greaybeard 3
MugShots (Sep '14) Sep 18 Mickey 4

Carlsbad Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carlsbad Mortgages